1968 23 2017-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ole Frederiksen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 724472 ft
Denmark

Hi,

This weekend I was flying my Mavic Pro. Just had it for 10 days or so, so I'm still a newbie!

When trying to learn how to fly the thing in Sports Mode, it suddenly said: Weak GPS - go to ATTI mode. Not being that confident yet, I thought: why not try return to home now? I did and I was happy to see it return back towards me.

When just about 18 meters from me (37 meters up in the air) it suddenly made some strange "jumps" or "hickups" in the air. Then it continued towards me - and lost GPS signal again! And it just started drifted out in the field!

Not really knowing what to do, I decided to see if I could land the drone (after it had drifted 137 meters away from me). And I could. I stopped at the height of two meters and checked if I could manouver it again, which I luckily could! I also got a GPS signal back at that time.

I wonder how it could go from 18 GPS's to weak GSP signal just like that? I was in an open field and everything else seemed to be okay.

I also had more successful flights after this one at the same spot without any problems.

Is that something that just happens now and then? Or is there a problem with the GPS receiver on my Mavic Pro?

I do have the flight records of the flight if that could help anyone helping me here :-)
2017-12-11
Use props
fans672252f4
New

United States

I just had the same problem. I calibrated the imu and compass , went out flew over a field in sports mode and on the way back I hit return to home and it went haywire. I tried to cancel it and it would t let me. I then just pushed down on the stick and it went down in a field .5 miles from me. I thought “OMG! I just lost a 1000.00$!! I luckley found it and I am now afraid to fly it again.
2017-12-11
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

If you access the DAT file from the flight using these instructions, upload it to DropBox (or a similar service), and provide a link to it in this thread someone will take a look and may be able to shed some light on the problem.
2017-12-11
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

fans672252f4 Posted at 2017-12-11 13:54
I just had the same problem. I calibrated the imu and compass , went out flew over a field in sports mode and on the way back I hit return to home and it went haywire. I tried to cancel it and it would t let me. I then just pushed down on the stick and it went down in a field .5 miles from me. I thought “OMG! I just lost a 1000.00$!! I luckley found it and I am now afraid to fly it again.

Please refer to my previous post if you'd like someone to look into it.
2017-12-11
Use props
Ole Frederiksen
lvl.2
Denmark

Unfortunately I have never got the DJI Assistent 2 working with my Mavic Pro. I can see the correct Firmware version, but all the other functions just has a spinning "loading" logo (also after five minutes - so does it take longer than that?)

But if the DJIFlightRecord_2017_12_10_[14-26-46].txt file can be used, then it can be found here. It is taken from my iPhone where I can also see the flight. If I need to submit further files I will be glad to do so.

The file can be downloaded here:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AqGubHpEmghZgYFaUlyHTbbW2wZIEw

The first loss of GPS-signal starts at about 6:45. At about 7:45 it goes haywire again
2017-12-11
Use props
Ole Frederiksen
lvl.2
Denmark

I just had the same problem. I calibrated the imu and compass , went out flew over a field in sports mode and on the way back I hit return to home and it went haywire. I tried to cancel it and it would t let me. I then just pushed down on the stick and it went down in a field .5 miles from me. I thought “OMG! I just lost a 1000.00$!! I luckley found it and I am now afraid to fly it again.

I truly understand you!  I just had to try to shake it off me so I flew another two batteries (2 x 20 minutes or so) to shake off the bad experience.
2017-12-11
Use props
Ole Frederiksen
lvl.2
Denmark

Ole Frederiksen Posted at 2017-12-11 15:10
Unfortunately I have never got the DJI Assistent 2 working with my Mavic Pro. I can see the correct Firmware version, but all the other functions just has a spinning "loading" logo (also after five minutes - so does it take longer than that?)

But if the DJIFlightRecord_2017_12_10_[14-26-46].txt file can be used, then it can be found here. It is taken from my iPhone where I can also see the flight. If I need to submit further files I will be glad to do so.

Have just added the other files as well - can see that the flightlogs folder contains warning messages.
2017-12-11
Use props
Ole Frederiksen
lvl.2
Denmark

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-12-11 14:05
If you access the DAT file from the flight using these instructions, upload it to DropBox (or a similar service), and provide a link to it in this thread someone will take a look and may be able to shed some light on the problem.

Thank you very much. Have not had any luck connecting using DJI Assistent 2 (it sees the mavic pro and confirms the firmware is updated, but all other menus just will not work - they show a spinning "loading" message).

But have got the information from the phone and uploaded to OneDrive (see other message).
2017-12-11
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

I just had the same problem. I calibrated the imu and compass , went out flew over a field in sports mode and on the way back I hit return to home and it went haywire. I tried to cancel it and it would t let me. I then just pushed down on the stick and it went down in a field .5 miles from me. I thought “OMG! I just lost a 1000.00$!! I luckley found it and I am now afraid to fly it again.

Good job grounding the drone when it went haywire.  I don't understand how RTH couldn't be cancelled.  Could it have reverted to ATTI mode and been responding to the sticks but the pilot didn't have orientation to the drone?

Have you looked at the video in the DJI app with stick inputs overlaid?  I ask because the last Spark the owner claimed went haywire had dropped into ATTI mode with the pilot obviously yawing it to face himself and then backing it into tree tops.  60 feet up and 100 feet away.  

The drone followed his inputs but he thought the drone was still facing away from himself and ignoring him.  He thought backing it would get it farther from trees but didn't know the drone was facing himself.
2017-12-11
Use props
Ole Frederiksen
lvl.2
Denmark

Its 4 am here but I just saw a video of how to use DJI Assistant 2. Didn’t know I had to turn on the remote controller and put in data transfer mode. Will give it another shot tomorrow.
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Ole, theoretically, when Mavic goes to ATTI mode coz there is weak or no GPS, return to home might not work if the GPS signal would not be recovered. For your case, I would recommend that you contact our support and send the data back so we can help to check what happened on that flight. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support.
Besides, the quantity of the satellites doesn't mean the quality of the GPS signal, please also keep an eye on the GPS signal bar. You can also try to fly in another place and see will the loss of GPS during flight persists. Thank you.
2017-12-12
Use props
Ole Frederiksen
lvl.2
Denmark

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-12 01:50
Hi Ole, theoretically, when Mavic goes to ATTI mode coz there is weak or no GPS, return to home might not work if the GPS signal would not be recovered. For your case, I would recommend that you contact our support and send the data back so we can help to check what happened on that flight. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support.
Besides, the quantity of the satellites doesn't mean the quality of the GPS signal, please also keep an eye on the GPS signal bar. You can also try to fly in another place and see will the loss of GPS during flight persists. Thank you.

Thank you very much Thor.

I have contacted support now.

Regarding the GPS Signal bar: It was as good as it gets.

I did fly another couple of batteries at the exact same spot, without further problems.

PS: How do I get the flight data from the drone? I have tried the following: Connect drone to
2017-12-12
Use props
Ole Frederiksen
lvl.2
Denmark

Ole Frederiksen Posted at 2017-12-12 03:19
Thank you very much Thor.

I have contacted support now.

Woops - wrong button! (As long as it does not happen during a flight :-D )

PS: How do I get the flight data from the drone? I have tried the following:
Connect drone to PC via USB
Turn on Remote Controller
Turn on Mavic
Confirmed connection (via USB) on the remote
Turned on iPhone
Tried to go to "drone icon", Advanced settings, scroll to the bottom where a "Enter flight mode" has been available in some videos I have seen - but not in my app
Turned on DJI Assistant 2

I have also tried turning on DJI Assistant 2 before turning on the phone with same result - no Enter Flight Mode option.

I do see the firmware version on the drone i DJI Assistant 2, but entering Data Upload, Flight Data
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Ole Frederiksen Posted at 2017-12-12 03:24
Woops - wrong button! (As long as it does not happen during a flight :-D )

PS: How do I get the flight data from the drone? I have tried the following:

Oops, sorry, I should have added it to the reply. Please refer to the tutorial below. The "Enter Flight Mode" is for Phantom 3 serials, so it doesn't appear in DJI GO 4, no worries.

2017-12-12
Use props
Ole Frederiksen
lvl.2
Denmark

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-12 06:10
Oops, sorry, I should have added it to the reply. Please refer to the tutorial below. The "Enter Flight Mode" is for Phantom 3 serials, so it doesn't appear in DJI GO 4, no worries.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMb1RD5pPOg&t=2s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brKQZ-gTBXg&index=7&list=PL8-vxWY64sBNmdY6CL-VO0cPg7IWcUDf3

... And that's the problem! If you stop the first video at exact 1:11 you will see what I see after having connected the drone and turned on the controller! A spinning loading logo.

I do see the current Firmware version 01.04.0100 on the first page, but every other pages just shows a spinning logo.
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Ole Frederiksen Posted at 2017-12-12 06:44
... And that's the problem! If you stop the first video at exact 1:11 you will see what I see after having connected the drone and turned on the controller! A spinning loading logo.

I do see the current Firmware version 01.04.0100 on the first page, but every other pages just shows a spinning logo.

So it doesn't stop spinning, right? Please try to restart the drone or PC and connect again, make sure you downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 on the Mavic Pro website, wait for a moment for the app to load the data. See if it helps. https://www.dji.com/mavic-pro-platinum/info#downloads
2017-12-12
Use props
BudWalker
First Officer
Flight distance : 5966247 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ole Frederiksen Posted at 2017-12-12 06:44
... And that's the problem! If you stop the first video at exact 1:11 you will see what I see after having connected the drone and turned on the controller! A spinning loading logo.

I do see the current Firmware version 01.04.0100 on the first page, but every other pages just shows a spinning logo.

The YouTube video shown above is for an older version of the Assistant. The Mavic FW 01.04.0100 requires that you use Assistant 1.1.6 (which you probably have). Then you must use the Data Upload function, not the Flight Record function as shown in the video. More instructions on how to do this can be found here
Retrieving a V3 .DAT File from the AC
2017-12-13
Use props
Ole Frederiksen
lvl.2
Denmark

BudWalker Posted at 2017-12-13 04:30
The YouTube video shown above is for an older version of the Assistant. The Mavic FW 01.04.0100 requires that you use Assistant 1.1.6 (which you probably have). Then you must use the Data Upload function, not the Flight Record function as shown in the video. More instructions on how to do this can be found here
Retrieving a V3 .DAT File from the AC

Have just uninstalled DJI Assistant 2 and reinstalled it. Then reconnected the Mavic and what I see it this:

I do have a connection, as the Firmware Update page shows this:

So not really sure how to continue from here, getting the information :-(
2017-12-13
Use props
BudWalker
First Officer
Flight distance : 5966247 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ole Frederiksen Posted at 2017-12-13 07:26
Have just uninstalled DJI Assistant 2 and reinstalled it. Then reconnected the Mavic and what I see it this:

[view_image]

Just to be sure. You're running V1.1.6 of the Assistant?

I've not personally experienced this but others have claimed that success can be achieved if the DJI drivers are removed and then a clean Assistant install is done.
2017-12-13
Use props
djiuser_g8L9nOS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 139557 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

i saw this thread and wanted to post here , cause my experience ended in the crash of the drone . my drone was 400 m away and 130-140  , in an area where i had flown it before , without any problem, when it began to say strong intereference fly with caution ,   making some strange mouvements on the screen , so i decided to do return home button and it took the good direction for about 50m then suddenly disappeard from the controller , Crash , luckly  i found it in a field in mud , but broken .THE ONLY NEW THING I HAVE DONE WAS  my firmware update , two days ago and this was my first flight since . i am waiting for dji support team , but is it the firmware ?
2017-12-13
Use props
Ole Frederiksen
lvl.2
Denmark

djiuser_g8L9nOS Posted at 2017-12-13 08:36
i saw this thread and wanted to post here , cause my experience ended in the crash of the drone . my drone was 400 m away and 130-140  , in an area where i had flown it before , without any problem, when it began to say strong intereference fly with caution ,   making some strange mouvements on the screen , so i decided to do return home button and it took the good direction for about 50m then suddenly disappeard from the controller , Crash , luckly  i found it in a field in mud , but broken .THE ONLY NEW THING I HAVE DONE WAS  my firmware update , two days ago and this was my first flight since . i am waiting for dji support team , but is it the firmware ?

Sorry to hear about your loss :-(

What I just learned from DJI Support is that after a firmware update you should definitely make a IMU Calibration.

Hope Support is able to help you.
2017-12-13
Use props
Ole Frederiksen
lvl.2
Denmark

BudWalker Posted at 2017-12-13 08:13
Just to be sure. You're running V1.1.6 of the Assistant?

I've not personally experienced this but others have claimed that success can be achieved if the DJI drivers are removed and then a clean Assistant install is done.

Hi BudWalker,

Thank you very much for your input!

Yes it's V1.1.6
Yes, it was the drivers on Windows 10 (64 bit) which were not installed!

I found this thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-111572-1-1.html where I followed the guide from "Jenee 2" on how to enforce non-signed drivers to Windows 10.

That did the trick: Now I can see the flight logs in Assistant 2 :-)
2017-12-13
Use props
djiuser_g8L9nOS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 139557 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Ole Frederiksen Posted at 2017-12-13 09:03
Sorry to hear about your loss :-(

What I just learned from DJI Support is that after a firmware update you should definitely make a IMU Calibration.

well i downloaded the manual the latest one and there is nowhere it is said you have to calibrate IMU , after a firmware update , i think after assesing , the travel plan and the video , i am quit sure there is a bug in the soft
2017-12-13
Use props
Ole Frederiksen
lvl.2
Denmark

djiuser_g8L9nOS Posted at 2017-12-13 10:38
well i downloaded the manual the latest one and there is nowhere it is said you have to calibrate IMU , after a firmware update , i think after assesing , the travel plan and the video , i am quit sure there is a bug in the soft

Agree - it doesn't say in the manual.

After contacting DJU Support I asked about this. Here is their answer:

"In every IMU error you receive from the DJI Go app; In every after firmware update; When your aircraft drifts while in flight. Those are the instances when you need to do the IMU calibration."
2017-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules