What app/software for Phantom 2 Vision Plus?
28418 10 2017-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans073ca1b5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21358 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have not used my drone in a year.  I took it out today and wanted to get it ready to fly or sell.  I have changed iPhones to the X and wanted to install whatever the current DJI app is.  Not sure if I should put on the DJI vision app after reading the reviews and not understanding the “Whats New”

So what are my steps?  Do I need computer software to update firmware? I also got a new laptop since I used this last.  What app should I use? Is it still the Vision or is it the Go?

Thanks
2017-12-11
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

That would be DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Assistant which can be downloaded on the appropriate page.
https://www.dji.com/phantom-2-vision-plus/info#downloads   
2017-12-11
Use props
fans073ca1b5
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-12-11 13:45
That would be DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Assistant which can be downloaded on the appropriate page.
https://www.dji.com/phantom-2-vision-plus/info#downloads

Thanks for the fast response and link

Looks like their have been no updates since 2015?  I am pretty sure I am up do date as I did my last update 10/2015 . Will download app and check

IPhone X I could not swipe out of the app.  I did connect to camera so tomorrow I will try and fly it.  Anything I should consider before taking off?
2017-12-11
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Make sure your battery is fully charged, warm, and fully functional.

Maybe do a test flight in an open area for the first time since it's been a while.   

Good luck!  
2017-12-11
Use props
fans073ca1b5
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-12-11 15:09
Make sure your battery is fully charged, warm, and fully functional.

Maybe do a test flight in an open area for the first time since it's been a while.   

Thanks, Will do!

2017-12-11
Use props
Gyrobob
lvl.1

United States

That link is not working.  How does one get the DJI vision P2V+ app on an android phone these days?
2020-11-19
Use props
fansf923e078
New

Canada

OK, I just got a phantom 2+, trying to find an app that will work with this... not even sure any work as I have tried them all...please help if you can...
2021-5-15
Use props
fansf923e078
New

Canada

OK trying to find an app that will still work for a DJI phantom 2+, is there any or have all just stopped supporting this drone...
2021-5-15
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

fansf923e078 Posted at 5-15 14:15
OK, I just got a phantom 2+, trying to find an app that will work with this... not even sure any work as I have tried them all...please help if you can...

Take a look at post #2
2021-5-16
Use props
djiuser_TpT68eB3KXYX
New

United States

hi, I have a phantom 2+ in storage for many years. I charged the battery, controller and wifi. I turn them all on and tried to connect with my iPhone 11pro. I cannot see through the camera. The app on my phone seem to work and it says I am connected but I can't see through the camera. The drone is giving. a strange sequence of lights. green yellow and then three reds. I can't seem to find that one in the book.

I downloaded the PT2 software on my computer but when I try to open it up I get a ""Phantom" cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified. MacOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware." I then follow then unlock the pricacy in system preferences but I get the same error.

Can you help?
2021-6-14
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Remember your drone was first released in the spring of 2014 which is a long time ago in the tech world.  The first problem sounds like you have the "black screen."  To fix it, you need to flash the NAND which is on a board inside the wifi module.  There is a youtube vid showing you how to do it and what tools you'll need but I think it requires a windows desktop.  You can also send the wifi module to a guy on eBay who will flash it for you for $80.  I recommend OKSTUV for the job.  Re the second problem, green and 3 reds would mean you are in NAZA mode and it's telling you that you have four satellites or less - ie you're in ATTI mode.  Green yellow 3 reds I'm not sure of.  Re the third problem, I know there is an issue with the more modern windows systems in that you must disable the Driver Signature Enforcement of your win os for the Phantom 2 Vision+ Assistant software to work.  It will reset itself automatically on your next desktop reboot.  How that applies to a MAC I have no idea.  Good luck.
2021-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules