black and green screen after update
727 35 2017-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans95ab005c
lvl.1
United States

i downloaded update and all went to hell after that.  I have a black and green screen now and ive tried all ways to fix that are written on threads. still nothing  please help!!!! or fix the update please or point me in right direction please

2017-12-11
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi. Not a lot to go by to help. It's a P4, right?
Did you perform updates on Both craft and controller? How did you do it?
What are the versions of firmware on each, and what version is the GO4 app that you're running?
On what smartdevice at what OS levels?
What are the colour of LEDs on both the controller and the craft i.e. are they successfully linked?
By "black and green screen" you mean that transmission is breaking up? Does the app display a clear image at any point, or just not working at all?
2017-12-11
Use props
fans95ab005c
lvl.1
United States

P4  i performed updates and thats when camera stopped sending images.  i was using iphone7s but tried it on my ipad but same problem no picture. only on occasion will it give a small part of the image
2017-12-11
Use props
fans95ab005c
lvl.1
United States

the LED are all green
2017-12-11
Use props
fans95ab005c
lvl.1
United States

no problems flying drone just the image on my device is not working
2017-12-11
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fans95ab005c Posted at 2017-12-11 14:51
P4  i performed updates and thats when camera stopped sending images.  i was using iphone7s but tried it on my ipad but same problem no picture. only on occasion will it give a small part of the image

An iPhone 7S should be fine (and it'd depend on which iPad you used, but no matter).
But my other questions. Can you confirm you updated the controller too? It's at v1.9.3, right? Try re-freshing the controller firmware.
If you see some images then you should be linked, but perhaps a cr@p connection. Try a manual re-link too (Youtube that).
2017-12-11
Use props
fans95ab005c
lvl.1
United States

when i down load for the firmware, it promps me to make sure the aircraft is plugged n and RC is on. when i do that nothing happens
2017-12-11
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

OK, although it's possible that the firmware on the controller hasn't been updated. What versions are reported under "About" in the GO4 app when everything is powered on and connected to the P4?
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, could you please check the versions, like Punchbuggy mentioned? A screenshot of the 'About' page will be highly appreciated. Besides, what are the OS version of your iPhone? What about the iPad?
2017-12-11
Use props
fans95ab005c
lvl.1
United States

sorry havent forgot, just busy.  ill b back with answers to ur questions soon.  I really appreciate ur help.
2017-12-12
Use props
fans95ab005c
lvl.1
United States

my regular ipad is currently being used today so not sure of OS version
ipad mini version  OS 9.3,5
iphone 7plus current version OS 10.3.1 but could update to OS 11.2
ill b checking the "about" page soon, keep u posted and thank you
2017-12-12
Use props
fans95ab005c
lvl.1
United States

not sure where to find "about" on the app. looked but cant find.
2017-12-12
Use props
fans95ab005c
lvl.1
United States

found it
APP   version 4.1.18
aircraft  version unknown
basic app fly safe database  version 01.00.01.05
precise app fly safe database   version 01.00.01.07
2017-12-12
Use props
fans95ab005c
lvl.1
United States

i see i have a problem with unknown for the aircraft.  not sure how to update aircraft. i did everything it asked me to do and when it asked to plug the aircraft directly into the device and leave the RC on it will not let me install firmware into aircraft.  does this help?  thank you again for ur help
2017-12-12
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Please post the RC firmware version number or better make a screenshot of About section page and post it
2017-12-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fans95ab005c Posted at 2017-12-12 11:59
i see i have a problem with unknown for the aircraft.  not sure how to update aircraft. i did everything it asked me to do and when it asked to plug the aircraft directly into the device and leave the RC on it will not let me install firmware into aircraft.  does this help?  thank you again for ur help

To collect ALL version information, the GO4 app needs to see all the way to the P4. If aircraft version reported by GO4 is "unknown" then the full path isn't there. Breaking this down: If the left LED on the controller is green along with the LED near the SD card slot on the P4, then THEY are connected OK. So, if you're not seeing the firmware version of the controller on GO4, then your smartdevice has not connected to the controller - that's where the problem is.

Assuming that you have successfully updated the firmware on the P4 using Assistant 2 on a PC (or Mac), and assuming that you have successfully updated the firmware on your controller (although I don't know how as your smartdevice doesn't appear to be seeing it), then lets leave them out of the equation for now.

Stay with your iPhone 7S (it's CPU is best placed to run GO4). Uninstall GO4 then re-install it. Reset your controller:

* Turn on the controller, the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter (top right button nearest antenna) on the controller and hold for about 2 seconds or so until it beeps (D-DDD), then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

Then manually relink the controller by performing the following;

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button (top left button) on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

Note always that you start GO4 app only after there is a successful connection between the controller and P4 (all LEDs are green) - or at least when you only want to do a firmware update on the controller (the P4 must be turned off to do that, otherwise if there's a connection it'll detect the P4 and try to update that instead).

2017-12-12
Use props
fans95ab005c
lvl.1
United States

2017-12-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

OK. I beat your image by a few minutes. The controller serial number implies that the app see's the controller. There's a theory out the window.

OK. Still do the controller reset, but let's update the controller firmware. Start the GO4 app, and on the Device screen there's three lines at top right. Press that icon for about 5 secs and you'll then (hopefully) see a screen which offers to reinstall the controller firmware. Select the most recent one and let it go. The most recent one may not be v1.9.3, but you'll be prompted to upgrade again after rebooting the controller (after successsful update) and starting GO4 again.
If you can't do the downgrade this way, it may be that you've hit a reported bug in GO 4.1.18. To get around this you'll need to download GO 3 (it's just called "GO") and try the same operation using it. Or wait for DJI to release GO 4.1.19...
2017-12-12
Use props
fans95ab005c
lvl.1
United States

2017-12-12
Use props
fans95ab005c
lvl.1
United States

it will not refresh when i try
2017-12-12
Use props
fans95ab005c
lvl.1
United States

it tells me to make sure aircraft is plugged directly into my device and RC is on. when I hit ok nothing happens
2017-12-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fans95ab005c Posted at 2017-12-12 13:57
it tells me to make sure aircraft is plugged directly into my device and RC is on. when I hit ok nothing happens

To update the controller firmware using GO4 and iPhone, the P4 must be turned OFF, otherwise it will update your P4 first instead - as it's trying to do in your screen shot. But by the way, that means the app is seeing the P4 - so it looks like your connection is OK.

Still refresh the controller firmware though, and reset the controller using instructions above. At least that'll take an issue with the controller out of question.
2017-12-12
Use props
fans95ab005c
lvl.1
United States

i tried the GO 3 route at least 3 times but the download failed every time. i plugged the RC into iphone turned off the P4 but there isnt anything to choose.  the box says "none". my hands are in the air no idea what to do. hope DJI monitor or get on this ASAP
2017-12-12
Use props
fans95ab005c
lvl.1
United States

also tried to send screen shot of phone when i tried to get rc download but the powers that be over this website wouldnt let me for some reason.  i sent others b4
2017-12-12
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans95ab005c Posted at 2017-12-12 15:02
also tried to send screen shot of phone when i tried to get rc download but the powers that be over this website wouldnt let me for some reason.  i sent others b4

You are using DJI Go 4 on iOS device, there is an known issue with this V4.1.18 release where it may not be recognising RC version correctly.
One suggestion is to use an Android device running DJI Go 4 V4.1.18 to update RC (this goes along with the DJI Go (P3 series) theory, i.e., anything other than DJI Go 4 V4.1.18 on iOS).

For reference a link to note from DJI R&D

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=154551
2017-12-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fans95ab005c Posted at 2017-12-12 15:00
i tried the GO 3 route at least 3 times but the download failed every time. i plugged the RC into iphone turned off the P4 but there isnt anything to choose.  the box says "none". my hands are in the air no idea what to do. hope DJI monitor or get on this ASAP

When I tried to use GO 3, it wouldn't do anything initially for me - I couldn't get it beyond the device selection screen (and you need to manually select the P3 Pro, I recall). I eventually got it to work though - it was either that the controller had been on for a while (~ 5 minutes) before I started the GO 3 app, or that I'd entered some other options which were available (such as flight records) and then returned to the device screen - sort of giving the app a kick in the pants.

Otherwise, I'm not clear whether you had the order right. Don't start the app until after the controller is turned on. But now I'm running out of ideas myself...
2017-12-12
Use props
fans95ab005c
lvl.1
United States

really appreciate this  
2017-12-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Hey, we've all been there. Just try to logically think it through whenever something like this happens. Aarvark's idea is a clever "outside the square" one too if you have access to an Android device.

But if I had to bet on this, it's that your controller firmware isn't correctly on V1.9.3. So we need to get it there. If you can't trick it with GO 3, or try the Android GO 4, then you may need to wait for GO 4 v4.1.19 for iOS which will hopefully fix this issue. That offered, I've downgraded it myself recently to 1.8.0 using GO 4 (the three lines at top of device screen), then used GO 3 to update it back again to 1.9.3. It took patience with the last part, but suddenly it'd do it.
2017-12-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D368%26typeid%3D368

See Post #11 for specific details of how to use GO 3. It initially didn't work for me, but I persisted and got there.

Edit: and if DJI GO 3 doesn't allow you to go into the "camera" screen for the update, someone else posted this workaround:
" I had the same issue, i got it to work my turning on the drone, opening DGI go 4, going into the camera, shutting down the drone, RC, and closing the app. Reopen DJI go 3, and turn on the controller."

Hopefully this is all just until DJI release a GO 4 version which fixes this.
2017-12-12
Use props
fans95ab005c
lvl.1
United States

when i try the downgrade to 1.8.0 it shows its downloading but suddenly says failed. do you know if DJI is trying to address this issue?  
2017-12-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fans95ab005c Posted at 2017-12-12 18:02
when i try the downgrade to 1.8.0 it shows its downloading but suddenly says failed. do you know if DJI is trying to address this issue?

I hope so - there's enough reports.

But try the GO 3 approach in the post above.
2017-12-12
Use props
fans95ab005c
lvl.1
United States

I think i got it.  I went to next downgrade 1.6 and that seemed to lead me to the camera part on the go 3 app.  then opened in go 4 then it recognized update.  thank you.I wish i could pay you back some how  thank you agin
2017-12-12
Use props
Ahab01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 377444 ft
Australia

Followed all the instructions, managed to download 1.6.0 through the GO app. Couldn't get it read anything in GO 4.

Went into the Overall status area in Go and it acknowledged it needed to update. It then performed the update.

Had to turn off remote. Turned back on, opened in GO 4 all beautiful.
2017-12-12
Use props
Ahab01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 377444 ft
Australia

Reading around other posts I have come up with a fix  Download DJI GO App. Turn on remote and connect APP. Do NOT turn on aircraft.  On front screen you have to play around a bit, open everything you can and eventually it will connect to the remote.  Press and hold the 3 lines in the top right of the screen and you will go to screen with "select firmware version"  Select and save Version 1.6.0 and download and then install.  Turn remote off and then on. Go into Camera.  Press red aircraft disconnected top left, check overall status and it will show Remote controller needs upgrade.  Download firmware. install and then turn off and on again.  Hopefully now you go through your normal startup procedures and use DJI GO 4 app and you're away!
2017-12-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fans95ab005c Posted at 2017-12-12 18:31
I think i got it.  I went to next downgrade 1.6 and that seemed to lead me to the camera part on the go 3 app.  then opened in go 4 then it recognized update.  thank you.I wish i could pay you back some how  thank you agin

Fantastic to hear. Well done.

But now that your P4 is on firmware 2.00.0106 and you can (hopefully) now fly it, you may find that flight behavious is erratic. Also, you may experience that when videoing in 4K the gimbal resets (camera flops down) after about 2 min. This is predominantly resolved in beta firmware 2.00.0600.

If you experience these issues, PM one of the DJI mods here (e.g. Diana, Susan or Thor) with your DJI account email address and they can arrange access. On the upside, you only need to update the P4 firmware - no change is required to controller firmware. Phew!
2017-12-12
Use props
fans95ab005c
lvl.1
United States

your awesome
2017-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules