Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Crystal Sky - 3 problems
3117 25 2017-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Todd in Chicago
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

Hi folks....

I have the DJI Crystal Sky 7.85 inch display which I really love.  It was very expensive, but I'm glad I pulled the trigger on it.

I have 3 things going going on, only 1 of which is a real problem and I wanted to post this in hopes that maybe someone knows some of the answers.

1.  The DJI Go 4 app seems like it is customizable for the drone that you own.  For example, on my the app on my cellphone, when I launch DJI Go 4 it comes up with a picture of a Spark while it is loading, and then there is a Spark on the home screen.  On my Crystal Sky, it comes up with an Inspire.  I can change it in the dropdown to the Spark, but it doesn't seem to save and always reverts back to the Inspire.  Anyone know how to get to stay on the Spark?  It has no bearing on flying whatsoever, just a minor annoyance!

2.  For some reason on my Crystal Sky, I continue to get the "Important Notice to Spark users, please update your firmware now....will not fly after September the 2nd.....".  I have been on the most current firmware for months.  The dialog box provides "Ignore" or "I know" and it seems like no matter which one I choose, the dialog box still pops up when launching the app.  I'm feeling that problem #1 and problem #2 are just something I'm missing...some setting or something....that I just don't know about.

3.  This third one is actually more of a problem.  I have been sycing my flights from my Crystal Sky on a regular basis and then have synced them down to my phone.  I love the fact that you can use either device (theoretically) and have all your flight records synced.  And it is helpful sometimes...recently my Crystal Sky ran out of battery (my own dumb fault) before I even launched, and had to break out my cellphone for that flying session.  Anyway, I've never had a problem syncing records from either my Crystal Sky or my phone...until just recently.  I have 2 records on my Crystal Sky which will NOT SYNC.  Here is a link to the video, and you an see the two records in question and the error.    It's not really a helpful video, but it's just those two records.  On Friday 12/8, I used the "Chat" function with DJI support and sent them the link to his video, and was told I would receive an email within 24-48 hours.  Considering it was right before they closed on Friday, that may mean I may not get a response until Wednesday 12/12.  But it was a little disheartening that I did not even receive an email that said I had a ticket open.  Anyway, anyone have any ideas on these two flight records?  I was able to get a copy from my Crystal Sky and upload them to AirData, which seemed to read and display all the info in the files just fine, so they don't appear to be corrupt.  Any ideas?

Other than that, I'm really loving my Spark and my Crystal Sky!

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

2017-12-11
Use props
Todd in Chicago
Second Officer
United States

Here are a few pics that go with my post above.

Todd in Chicago
20171211_115343.jpg
20171211_115405.jpg
20171211_115421.jpg
20171211_115432.jpg
2017-12-11
Use props
Todd in Chicago
Second Officer
United States

And lastly.....
20171211_115459.jpg
2017-12-11
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

My CS Ultra automatically senses the AC model and changes accordingly as soon as I get the RC connected to the AC.

I also get the spark warning message, popping up from time to time
2017-12-11
Use props
Todd in Chicago
Second Officer
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-12-11 18:23
My CS Ultra automatically senses the AC model and changes accordingly as soon as I get the RC connected to the AC.

I also get the spark warning message, popping up from time to time

Lannes...

Hmmm....maybe I'm firing up my DJI Go 4 app before the RC is making the connection.  The app on my phone is persistent though.  Even when I fire up the app on my phone when the Spark is not even powered on it comes up with all the Spark images.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Todd in Chicago Posted at 2017-12-11 20:36
Lannes...

Hmmm....maybe I'm firing up my DJI Go 4 app before the RC is making the connection.  The app on my phone is persistent though.  Even when I fire up the app on my phone when the Spark is not even powered on it comes up with all the Spark images.

Hi, sir. Did you try to reset the wifi of spark when crystal sky fail to identify your drone? Please ensure that the firmware of the Crystal sky is the latest version.
Please change a wifi connection and see if you can sync it successfully. If you failed to sync the record, please provide me the DJI account and export the records to us for further analysis. The path is /sdcard/DJI/ dji.pilot/FlightRecord/SyncResult.
2017-12-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I have all the same problems, they are small problems and I’m sure software update could Fi’s these issues, also there is no reason that CS should be behind in software updates.

In contrast when using CS with my Mavic and P4Pro I have none of these issues, again another good reason why dji should fix these problems for spark users who paid the same amount of money as other aircraft users.
Thanks for the thread Todd, good job.
2017-12-12
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I can add the following:
Ad 1. When I start DJI GO 4 manually on my CS without connection to the RC, it also starts with the Inspire. But since I am using OTG, the GO 4 launches automatically when I plug the OTG cable in the RC once it is started and also the Spark screen automatically comes up.
Ad 2. I got this message only once when I first started my CS, then never again. I can't remember which button I pressed "Ignore" or "I know". You might test both and see if the message stops popping up with one of them.
Ad 3. This has not yet happened for me and I have no idea what could have caused it on your's.
2017-12-12
Use props
Bright Spark
First Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

And to add to our (my) woes, although I have no expectation at all that dji will show interest, I got 'unfortunately go 4 app is not responding - cancel/ignore?.
Spark about 20 metres away and 7 metres high. Had to reboot mid air.
More than a little disappointed.
2017-12-12
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Bright Spark Posted at 2017-12-12 09:36
And to add to our (my) woes, although I have no expectation at all that dji will show interest, I got 'unfortunately go 4 app is not responding - cancel/ignore?.

Not a pleasant experience I imagine. Have you been running any third party app in parallel while flying? I am asking because the only time so far that I had to reboot my CS was when a buggy version of my screen recorder made it stop working.
There are logfiles on the CS (see screenshots below), I don't know what exactly they are recording but it might be worth sending the relevant logfile to DJI and ask if they can identify the cause of your incident.

Screenshot_2017-12-11-18-43-54.jpg
Screenshot_2017-12-11-18-44-06.jpg
2017-12-12
Use props
Bright Spark
First Officer
United Kingdom

Hi thanks for reply. No third party apps at all - I bought CS to be clean as possible after mobile/tablet experience.
I'm guessing but rebooting would leave little of previous load?
It's a great screen, but video drop outs at anything from a few yards plus this reboot do not inspire (no pun) confidence. Saving grace was rc/ac link stayed solid.Still disappointed.
2017-12-12
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Bright Spark Posted at 2017-12-12 10:40
Hi thanks for reply. No third party apps at all - I bought CS to be clean as possible after mobile/tablet experience.
It's a great screen, but video drop outs at anything from a few yards plus this reboot do not inspire (no pun) confidence. Saving grace was rc/ac link stayed solid.Still disappointed.

Are you not using OTG with it? I don't have video drop outs.
2017-12-12
Use props
Bright Spark
First Officer
United Kingdom

PS meant to add I'll see if I can find files you suggest.Thanks.
2017-12-12
Use props
Bright Spark
First Officer
United Kingdom

Well I haven't flown with OTG though I connected it as a test.
I know you're aware of the situation regarding OTG, and I'm still uncertain whether to use it even on CS.
Nice if they could be clearer.
2017-12-12
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Bright Spark Posted at 2017-12-12 10:48
PS meant to add I'll see if I can find files you suggest.Thanks.

You are welcome. It might really be worth to get it examined by DJI. No software is 100% perfect and can only be improved when weaknesses can be documented.
2017-12-12
Use props
lannes
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Bright Spark Posted at 2017-12-12 09:36
I don't have any drop outs using the wi-fi connection from the CS 7.85 Ultra to the RC
Assume you have done the full reset and data erase ?
2017-12-12
Use props
Bright Spark
First Officer
United Kingdom

Thanks for suggestion. Do you mean CS factory reset?Not much  flight time on it, should this be necessary? Sometimes weak image notification appears to be caused by antennae orientation, but not always.

2017-12-12
Use props
lannes
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Bright Spark Posted at 2017-12-12 14:44
Thanks for suggestion. Do you mean CS factory reset?Not much  flight time on it, should this be necessary? Sometimes weak image notification appears to be caused by antennae orientation, but not always.

Yes the CS factory reset, this will reinstall DJI Go4 and hopefully solve the app lock up issues on the CS.

settings/ backup & reset/  factory data reset/ reset device

Please note you will loose all data and side loaded apps
2017-12-12
Use props
Todd in Chicago
Second Officer
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-12 00:46
Hi, sir. Did you try to reset the wifi of spark when crystal sky fail to identify your drone? Please ensure that the firmware of the Crystal sky is the latest version.
Please change a wifi connection and see if you can sync it successfully. If you failed to sync the record, please provide me the DJI account and export the records to us for further analysis. The path is /sdcard/DJI/ dji.pilot/FlightRecord/SyncResult.

Hello Elektra....

I tried to sync again tonight, here is the contents of my synclog:

[2017-12-12 23:05:29.878]Start to synchronize flight log. Email is: xxxyyyzzz.
[2017-12-12 23:05:30.149]Successfully retrieved file list. Page count: 1.
[2017-12-12 23:05:30.284]Successfully retrieved file list. Page count: 2.
[2017-12-12 23:05:30.288]Uploaded: 2. Downloaded: 0. Updated: 0.
[2017-12-12 23:05:31.000]Failed to uploadDJIFlightRecord_2017-12-01_[07-31-54].txt. Error code:403. Return code: 255. Error Info: response status error code:403.
[2017-12-12 23:05:32.063]Failed to uploadDJIFlightRecord_2017-12-03_[02-50-52].txt. Error code:403. Return code: 255. Error Info: response status error code:403.
[2017-12-12 23:05:32.902]Failed to synchronize flight log. Error code: 0.

I just did this a short time ago.

As far as the other items I mentioned, tonight I was not asked about upgrading my Spark firmware.  

Additionally, for the last item on my 3 point list, I turned the Spark on first, and then the controller and I waited for the controller to connect.  Then I launched DJI Go 4 and it connected automatically and after the initial startup screen, it brought up the Spark image on the home screen.  So it does seem that if it is connected, it will bring up the Spark image.  The behavior is slightly different on the app on the mobile phone.  The app on the mobile phone "remembers" that I have Spark even if it is not connected.

Let me know your thoughts about the sync problem.  What if I were to take the 2 problematic flight records and move them to the directory on my cell phone, and then did a sync, what would happen?

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2017-12-12
Use props
Todd in Chicago
Second Officer
United States

Does anyone know where I can find the info on the DJI App?  Like the manual in PDF form?  I'm asking because I realize that on this screen, I learned some more things.  For example, I'm assuming that the little clouds on the right hand side next to the record indicate that particular flight record has synced.  What does the green dot of the left of the record mean?

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2017-12-12
Use props
Todd in Chicago
Second Officer
United States

Hello Elektra....

Any thoughts on why those 2 flight records won't sync or what that sync log means?

Also, any thoughts on me moving those 2 records manually to my phone and seeing what happens?

And lastly, anyone know what the green dots on the left hand side mean?

Thx!

Todd in Chicago
2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Todd in Chicago Posted at 2017-12-12 21:35
[view_image]

Does anyone know where I can find the info on the DJI App?  Like the manual in PDF form?  I'm asking because I realize that on this screen, I learned some more things.  For example, I'm assuming that the little clouds on the right hand side next to the record indicate that particular flight record has synced.  What does the green dot of the left of the record mean?

Got your PM. Please reply me and provide the needed info. When it comes to the green spot, please note that it will disappear if you read it. Here is a video about how to sync the flight records. Sorry to tell you that we don't have relevant PDF.
2017-12-14
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Bright Spark Posted at 2017-12-12 10:40

I have just read in the Chrystal Sky sub-forum here that we can soon expect a firmware update for CS that will address the known issues.
2017-12-14
Use props
Todd in Chicago
Second Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-14 04:07
I have just read in the Chrystal Sky sub-forum here that we can soon expect a firmware update for CS that will address the known issues.

Awesome!  Like I said, the only "real" problem is my two flight logs that didn't sync, and from reading the forums, it may not be specific to CS, but I look forward to any and all updates.  So far my CS has been superb!

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2017-12-14
Use props
Todd in Chicago
Second Officer
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-14 01:21
Got your PM. Please reply me and provide the needed info. When it comes to the green spot, please note that it will disappear if you read it. Here is a video about how to sync the flight records. Sorry to tell you that we don't have relevant PDF.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brKQZ-gTBXg

Hello Elektra....

I've sent you a PM with the the 2 flight records and the sync log.

Thx...

Todd
2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Todd in Chicago Posted at 2017-12-15 18:34
Hello Elektra....

I've sent you a PM with the the 2 flight records and the sync log.

Thanks for your update. And I would forward it to our engineers for further check. Please wait patiently.
2017-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules