lvl.2

United States

http://www.mlive.com/lansing-new ... one_hunting_hu.html
2015-4-15
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

It would seem to me that there wouldn't have to be a law against "using a drone to harass hunters".  Seems those drones would have short life spans.
2015-4-15
Use props
jtrjr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

JATO Posted at 2015-4-16 09:48
It would seem to me that there wouldn't have to be a law against "using a drone to harass hunters".  ...

Jato,

Yeah, you're right on that one. The score at the end of that game would be: Hunters=1,000  Drones=0

Jerry
2015-4-15
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

I'm usually against banning stuff, but using technology to have such an unfair advantage against your prey is BS.  It's supposed to be a sport/outdoor activity, not a massacre powered by infrared sensors, radar, airborne surveillance, etc.  As far as harassing hunters, I can see how a drone could be used by someone to scare off wildlife intentionally.  And who knows how much better battery technology will get to increase flight times and prolong such activity.  Multiple activists organizing flights for that sort of thing.  So a balanced law to protect wildlife as well as hunter's rights is appropriate.
2015-4-15
Use props
jtrjr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

kjkisatsky Posted at 2015-4-16 10:43
I'm usually against banning stuff, but using technology to have such an unfair advantage against you ...

Agreed.

Jerry
2015-4-15
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

jerry,
You probably don't have a big problem with hogs up north but they're are pretty bad down in the south. People are using drones more and more for spotting and hunting hogs.

EDIT: additional info on the hog problem:
Helicopter hog hunting:  

Ray

2015-4-16
Use props
gary.ok
lvl.3
United States

Spotting and hunting is primarily the big concern with these wildlife agencies.  I use my drone for hunting, but not in the capacity that is driving these rules.  They seem to be mostly focused around a guy flying a drone while on the radio with other hunters on the ground directing their activities.  For me I use it to primarily to scout the terrain.  I will fly it over in the evening to check on my food plots or a feeder.  Keeps me from having to trudge through the woods making a lot of noise and spreading scent all over the place.  So far I have not seen any of the regulations directed at stuff like this, and since I don't have a weapon on me there is no way to classify me as "Hunting".  
2015-4-16
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

gary.ok@hotmail Posted at 2015-4-16 22:08
Spotting and hunting is primarily the big concern with these wildlife agencies.  I use my drone for  ...

I'm going to fill my feeders and taking my Phantom with me in a couple of weeks to scout the area. Will be fun.
2015-4-16
Use props
gary.ok
lvl.3
United States

I took mine out to check on my clover field I put in.  With all of our rain its nice and green.  Nice to be able to sneak up and take a peak from the comforts of the boat.  
2015-4-16
Use props
trsmith18
lvl.2

United States

I plan on using my drone to do pre-season game surveys on the properties that I hunt. I would agree that they shouldn't be used for the taking of game with the exception of hogs/coyotes that are classified as a nuisance and have no bag or season limits.
2015-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules