4463 15 2017-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tango_B
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2891473 ft
Australia

Hi guys,

Running on the current firmware (01.04.0100), I seem to have a new issue where I cannot change camera mode between still shots and video when in the air, as well as lose the ability to record video or photo altogether. It only appears to happen after about 30 seconds into flight. Sitting idle on the ground with power has no negative impact (everything works).

When the issue occurs I lose the ability to change between photos and videos via the button on the phone, I am unable to adjust the exposure levels and shutter speeds using the dials (going through the settings allows me to do so though), and trying to take a photo or recording a video using the buttons on the remote fail to work too.

I've refreshed the firmware on both drone and remote, I've formatted the memory card, tried a new memory card, reinstalled the app...I'm at a loss.

Any ideas?
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Tango, so it happens only in midair, right? Since you have tried formatting and changing SD card, reinstalling the app and refreshing the firmware, the may I know whether you can open camera settings and try to reset the camera settings? Besides, may I know what mobile device are you using? Is it possible to test on another device? If it doesn't help, could you please provide me with the video of this case as well as the screenshot of the firmware info page? Here is the route: power on the drone, RC, app and enter device---upper right icon---general----about.
I will forward it to our engineers to confirm. Thank you in advance.
2017-12-12
Use props
Tango_B
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-12 04:52
Hi Tango, so it happens only in midair, right? Since you have tried formatting and changing SD card, reinstalling the app and refreshing the firmware, the may I know whether you can open camera settings and try to reset the camera settings? Besides, may I know what mobile device are you using? Is it possible to test on another device? If it doesn't help, could you please provide me with the video of this case as well as the screenshot of the firmware info page? Here is the route: power on the drone, RC, app and enter device---upper right icon---general----about.
I will forward it to our engineers to confirm. Thank you in advance.

Hey there Thor,

I'm using an iPhone 7 Plus, and have been using the same phone with the Mavic for nearly 11 months now. I tried the Mavic on my partners iPhone 7, but same result. I can open the camera settings and manually change the ISO and shutter speeds from there, however I cannot record any video, or shoot any photos. On further testing, the problem seems to be reset to normal after changing from PAL to NTSC and back, but after a few minutes the problem starts all over again. I'll provide a video in the morning (midnight currently in Australia!).
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Tango_B Posted at 2017-12-12 05:00
Hey there Thor,

I'm using an iPhone 7 Plus, and have been using the same phone with the Mavic for nearly 11 months now. I tried the Mavic on my partners iPhone 7, but same result. I can open the camera settings and manually change the ISO and shutter speeds from there, however I cannot record any video, or shoot any photos. On further testing, the problem seems to be reset to normal after changing from PAL to NTSC and back, but after a few minutes the problem starts all over again. I'll provide a video in the morning (midnight currently in Australia!).

Thank you, looking forward to your update. Also, please help to confirm if it can shot or record when there is no SD card in the drone.
2017-12-12
Use props
Tango_B
lvl.3
Australia

Hi Thor:

The video:

video of fault

The firmware info:

I flew the drone today without any SD card in it, however the same fault occurs. I can confirm though that I can take photos and video still, without the card in it. It stores in my camera roll on the iPhone.
2017-12-14
Use props
fansb4a8ce7a
lvl.1
United States

I am also having this same problem with my Mavic. I have reinstalled the firmware and tried new cards. I have to start recording before leaving the ground and stop recording by shutting the mavic off. I then restart the Mavic and record another clip for 30 seconds. When the Mavic is grounded the problem does not occur. Only when flying.
2017-12-17
Use props
Tango_B
lvl.3
Australia

fansb4a8ce7a Posted at 2017-12-17 20:02
I am also having this same problem with my Mavic. I have reinstalled the firmware and tried new cards. I have to start recording before leaving the ground and stop recording by shutting the mavic off. I then restart the Mavic and record another clip for 30 seconds. When the Mavic is grounded the problem does not occur. Only when flying.

This is EXACTLY what I am experiencing. I refreshed the firmware today, flew for five minutes and didn't have the problem though. I'll try again in the morning too. DJI online support informed me that a new firmware was being released on the 15th of December, but I'm yet to see it.
2017-12-18
Use props
fansb4a8ce7a
lvl.1
United States

Can we get a confirmation from someone at DJI to know that this issue will be fixed in the next firmware update??
The workaround solution for this problem is killing me....      
2017-12-20
Use props
Tango_B
lvl.3
Australia

fansb4a8ce7a Posted at 2017-12-20 09:46
Can we get a confirmation from someone at DJI to know that this issue will be fixed in the next firmware update??
The workaround solution for this problem is killing me....

I did a firmware refresh (refresh, so still current firmware) on both the drone and remote and it's fixed the problem.
BUT it was the 6th refresh on both. But so far so good.
2017-12-20
Use props
fansb4a8ce7a
lvl.1
United States

Tango_B Posted at 2017-12-20 16:13
I did a firmware refresh (refresh, so still current firmware) on both the drone and remote and it's fixed the problem.
BUT it was the 6th refresh on both. But so far so good.

Thanks Tango_B.. that is good to know.  I just refreshed the firmware on both the controller and the drone via DJI Assistant 2 and will test it out in the air tomorrow.   
2017-12-20
Use props
fansb4a8ce7a
lvl.1
United States

fansb4a8ce7a Posted at 2017-12-20 23:49
Thanks Tango_B.. that is good to know.  I just refreshed the firmware on both the controller and the drone via DJI Assistant 2 and will test it out in the air tomorrow.

Yes my Mavic seems back to normal!   Good to know about the firmware refresh via the DJI Assistant App that was my first time doing it.
2017-12-21
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok guys this happened to me last night. It was very frustrating. I think I know what happened and what is causing this issue. For me at least, it was the manual focus! I kept loosing the ability to control the camera when in flight, but I realized that the issue would get resolved by a simple aircraft restart. Everything would work on the ground and then nothing would work when flying. I noticed that it stopped working right after adjusting the manual focus. I changed back to auto focus and was able to fly my entire two batteries without any issues. Multiple photos and videos were shot without a glitch. Has anybody experienced this problem in auto focus mode, or can confirm that they were using the manual focus mode?
2017-12-21
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tango_B Posted at 2017-12-14 18:35
Hi Thor:

The video:

From your video I can see that you were using the manual focus mode. I think thats what causing the issue. Try to reproduce this behavior in auto focus. It doesnt happen in auto for me. If this is a bug in the app or firmware DJI should fix it asap! Many of us depend on the manual focus.
2017-12-21
Use props
Tango_B
lvl.3
Australia

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-12-21 19:19
From your video I can see that you were using the manual focus mode. I think thats what causing the issue. Try to reproduce this behavior in auto focus. It doesnt happen in auto for me. If this is a bug in the app or firmware DJI should fix it asap! Many of us depend on the manual focus.

I normally use manual focus too. Since doing the firmware refresh, the issue has been resolved for both manual and auto focus.
2017-12-22
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tango_B Posted at 2017-12-22 17:54
I normally use manual focus too. Since doing the firmware refresh, the issue has been resolved for both manual and auto focus.

Thats awesome! I will do it as well and report back. Thanks!!
2017-12-22
Use props
Tango_B
lvl.3
Australia

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-12-22 17:56
Thats awesome! I will do it as well and report back. Thanks!!

Best of luck - it took six firmware refreshes before it got fixed for me.
2017-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules