Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Pilot App/Fly away/NFZ
2254 16 2017-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb1f9d825
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44715 ft
United States

Updated the firmwae of the M-210 on 12/7/17 (stated it would address compass and Z30 gimbal issues). After update the M-210 was flying and compass and gps failed. Had flyaway and after hours of searching was able to located it. Appears it self landed in a field. Has anyone else had this issue? Any fixes for it?
   Second question is regarding No Fly Zones. We sent FAA paperwork to DJI and received authorization to fly in NFZ. We know how to set it up with DJI Go4. The issue is we must use the Pilot app for XT and dual gimbal missions. Does anyone know how to unlock NFZ using DJI Pilot or other method than GO 4?

2017-12-12
Use props
YOYOMAN
First Officer
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

Oh my god !
2017-12-12
Use props
YOYOMAN
First Officer
Réunion

fly away with a matrice 210 is the worst issue that could happen !
Didn t you tried to swith from GPS mod to ATTI mod?
Havve you tried to fly again after this issue?

2017-12-12
Use props
YOYOMAN
First Officer
Réunion

Is the Z30 drift issue fixed with this new firmware version?
2017-12-12
Use props
COLO1
lvl.1
United States

YOYOMAN Posted at 2017-12-12 06:53
Is the Z30 drift issue fixed with this new firmware version?

The drift issue was fixed. Yes. Switched to ATTI mode and the aircraft disconnected from the RC. Had no control and no telemetry.
2017-12-12
Use props
Olivier Vietti-
First Officer
Flight distance : 11618934 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

The important thing is to continue to control with the remote control, because even if the application indicates a deconexion, the drone always receive the direct commands of the remote control
2017-12-12
Use props
COLO1
lvl.1
United States

Olivier Vietti- Posted at 2017-12-12 20:21
The important thing is to continue to control with the remote control, because even if the application indicates a deconexion, the drone always receive the direct commands of the remote control

That was the actual problem this time. The actual RC disconnected not just the application. The RC itself said disconnected which gave us zero control over the 210.
2017-12-13
Use props
ROBERM19
Second Officer
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

Interesting, I would change your settings for RTH and other failsafe options until you get this resolved. I'd rather it hover than flyaway for a few reasons. The one you need to be concerned about is the requirement that you report it to the FAA/NTSB in certain circumstances.

Regarding NFZ's, look at DJI's map on their website to get a good idea of what's possible to unlock yourself and how. If you're in a restricted NFZ you literally have to email them for it to be unlocked so keep that in mind when flying for clients.
2017-12-13
Use props
YOYOMAN
First Officer
Réunion

I've heard about several cases where both CristalSky & Cendence Crash/Disconnect with the M210 on this forum.
For myself, I think I m going to change setting of my Failsafe until DJI will fixe app / drone to: if signal stop then the drone takes 150m altitude... to having time and more chance to get signal back....
what would be the best setting for RTH and Failsafe in this case?
2017-12-13
Use props
fans055ecaa4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 990256 ft
Poland

ROBERM19 Posted at 2017-12-13 06:44
Interesting, I would change your settings for RTH and other failsafe options until you get this resolved. I'd rather it hover than flyaway for a few reasons. The one you need to be concerned about is the requirement that you report it to the FAA/NTSB in certain circumstances.

Regarding NFZ's, look at DJI's map on their website to get a good idea of what's possible to unlock yourself and how. If you're in a restricted NFZ you literally have to email them for it to be unlocked so keep that in mind when flying for clients.

I don't think hover is a good solution. When RTH is initiated and there is no GPS the drone goes with the wind. Same would happen if it was set up for hover - it would ho with the wind.
2017-12-14
Use props
ROBERM19
Second Officer
United States

fans055ecaa4 Posted at 2017-12-14 01:14
I don't think hover is a good solution. When RTH is initiated and there is no GPS the drone goes with the wind. Same would happen if it was set up for hover - it would ho with the wind.

You are correct in that aspect, I don't know what the options are for the M210 failsafes but I do know that selection is common, and to be completely honest with you in a worst case scenario I'd still rather the drone drift with the wind in a KNOWN direction so I can inform local ATC if necessary. Flyaways at high speeds could be much worse.

You don't know what the system will do in a flyaway, you do in a controlled failsafe. So I don't think you're wrong at all, you make a good point, but it's kind of a situation where you have to mitigate as much as you can..
I highly advise anyone reading this thread to research the requirements for reporting flyaways to the FAA/NTSB. When operating these systems you are considered a RPIC and you have legal responsibilites that could catch you off guard. Stay safe, stay legal

2017-12-14
Use props
ROBERM19
Second Officer
United States

These cover flyaways-

https://www.faa.gov/documentLibr ... rcular/AC_107-2.pdf

https://www.ntsb.gov/investigati ... Advisory-Drones.pdf
2017-12-14
Use props
Eurokyngas
lvl.1
Estonia

What update (release date) fixed z30 drift problem?
2017-12-15
Use props
Drone Jones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87149 ft
United States

Though I'm interested in the flyaway aspect of your post, I'm really interested about you comment regarding getting the NFZ unlocked using the Pilot app.  I also use M210 with dual gimbal and everything says to use the Serial number from DJI Go app.  But I can't use that app because I have dual gimbal.  

Trying to find where the Flight Control Serial Number is...and if it matters that I'm using DJI Pilot to fly and not DJI Go.  I'd hate to have the DJI Go unlocked when I need the DJI Pilot app unlocked.

Any word on how to do this?  Thank you in advance!!
2018-1-17
Use props
broadlandboy
Captain
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United States

Drone Jones Posted at 2018-1-17 08:24
Though I'm interested in the flyaway aspect of your post, I'm really interested about you comment regarding getting the NFZ unlocked using the Pilot app.  I also use M210 with dual gimbal and everything says to use the Serial number from DJI Go app.  But I can't use that app because I have dual gimbal.  

Trying to find where the Flight Control Serial Number is...and if it matters that I'm using DJI Pilot to fly and not DJI Go.  I'd hate to have the DJI Go unlocked when I need the DJI Pilot app unlocked.

Try unlocking in Go4 then restart Pilot or Unlock via web site
2018-1-17
Use props
Drone Jones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87149 ft
United States

broadlandboy Posted at 2018-1-17 11:14
Try unlocking in Go4 then restart Pilot or Unlock via web site

I was planning on unlocking it ahead of time on the website because I'm too paranoid I won't have service.  If I were to unlock it online...should that take away any concerns about which app to use because it unlocks under my account or something?
2018-1-17
Use props
broadlandboy
Captain
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United States

I believe it unlocks the drone as it asks for the serial number of the drone
2018-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules