Can I measure distance on the App's map?
1883 3 2015-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
casrat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24718 ft
  • >>>
United States

I want to measure distance FROM the master remote TO any point on the map either while the Inspire is on the ground or while flying. Is this possible? I have read that it is and I have read that it isn't. I can't manage to make it happen. It would be nice to tap the map somewhere then drag a line and see the distance in meters/feet.

For example, let's say I am on one side of a field and I want to know the distance to the other side of the field before I fly, just as a way to flight plan or to set max distance.  I have set max distance before and just as I approcahed where I wanted to go, the app tells me I've reached the max distance. (Which is another question: can I change max distance and altitude in the app while the aircraft is flying or do I have to land, shut down, adjust numbers, then take off again?).

I have updated firmaware and app version.

Thanks!!

2015-4-15
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

subscribing to this thread
2015-4-15
Use props
Mkell_CA_SF.BAY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 307431 ft
United States

I am currently at NAB and this is one thing I have asked. Currently it is not implemented. Neither DJI or 3DR have this feature implemented. Only way to tell how far distance is, is by actually flying your craft out to that distance. It is something I think could be useful and I think that's something we could see in the future...It just has to be written into the programming and app.

If you haven't looked at this thread: there is some helpful information in there. NAB 2015.
2015-4-15
Use props
bmcm2807
lvl.1

United States

Not sure if this would help, but to judge distance before a flight, I just use google maps on my iPad mini (there's a tool to make pretty precise measurements).
2015-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules