SPARK settings different while using OTG cable
2075 11 2017-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Senthil Kumar
lvl.1

Singapore

Using Galaxy s7 + OTG + RC

While on wiFi, i have control on all the GO APP settings. While on OTG, some settings are apperaing blank and am not able to set/change. Most importantly the battery warning is at 0% which iam unable to set to default 30% with OTG cable.

Is this a common issue with all OTG+android users ?!! all good souls please help!
2017-12-12
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Please read a bit across the forum. There are 20-30 discussions about this issue already. It is a problem with the current App version 4.1.18 only. If you want to use OTG go back to the previous App version 4.1.15. How to do it and where to find it is explained a multitude of times in the other threads.
2017-12-12
Use props
jcgoobee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 476119 ft
United States

First Officer Wachtberger is correct. I had the same issue with 4.1.18 (newest) and reverting back to 4.1.15 resolved the problem. Apparently, there's a software bug there. I also heard that OTG is no longer supported by DJI but some (admin level) mentioned that the DJI developer team is working on the OTG bug fix, so the OTG support scope is a bit of unclear to me, at least at this point.
2017-12-12
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

jcgoobee Posted at 2017-12-12 08:50
First Officer Wachtberger is correct. I had the same issue with 4.1.18 (newest) and reverting back to 4.1.15 resolved the problem. Apparently, there's a software bug there. I also heard that OTG is no longer supported by DJI but some (admin level) mentioned that the DJI developer team is working on the OTG bug fix, so the OTG support scope is a bit of unclear to me, at least at this point.

Just a minor clarification: OTG has worked perfectly from the outset with the Spark but was not officially supported by DJI because it wasn't sufficiently tested yet by them. At no point has there been a decision to no longer support it. It happened accidentally in the latest App version and will not only be fixed, but also officially supported by DJI in the near future.
2017-12-12
Use props
xfirf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 194911 ft
Germany

Actually this is also a bug on iOS too. So I do not think its releated to this version but to the whole app.
2017-12-12
Use props
jcgoobee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 476119 ft
United States

xfirf_ Posted at 2017-12-12 09:25
Actually this is also a bug on iOS too. So I do not think its releated to this version but to the whole app.

But the 4.1.15 that I was referring to, is for Android device. Knock on wood, I haven't got issues when using it on my iPad Mini 4.
2017-12-12
Use props
Eric04401
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4531 ft
United States

I'm also no longer able to see my battery life on the screen when connected with a ORG cable.  (Samsung S7 Edge)  I've searched for the way to go back to the previous version of the app but I keep finding this thread!  Could somebody please post a link?  That would be very helpful.  Thank you.
2017-12-12
Use props
TomJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69098 ft
United States

Eric04401 Posted at 2017-12-12 16:06
I'm also no longer able to see my battery life on the screen when connected with a ORG cable.  (Samsung S7 Edge)  I've searched for the way to go back to the previous version of the app but I keep finding this thread!  Could somebody please post a link?  That would be very helpful.  Thank you.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-108885-1-1.html

2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, Kumar. Please follow the advice above. OTG cable is not fully tested now and we do not recommend users use it now. Our engineers are working on it. Please wait patiently. Thanks for your understanding.
2017-12-12
Use props
Eric04401
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4531 ft
United States

Thank you for the link, Tomj.  

DJI Elektra - It would great to use WiFi and not use an OTG cable but the WiFi feed is very sluggish and often disconnects, making flying the Spark much more difficult.  My experience was very much improved when I began using an OTG cable instead of WiFi.  
2017-12-13
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Eric04401 Posted at 2017-12-13 11:47
Thank you for the link, Tomj.  

DJI Elektra - It would great to use WiFi and not use an OTG cable but the WiFi feed is very sluggish and often disconnects, making flying the Spark much more difficult.  My experience was very much improved when I began using an OTG cable instead of WiFi.

There must be a lot of interference around on 2.4ghz if it's effecting the feed of the RC to the phone. when in wi-fi mode, turn off bluetooth on the phone and don't use the bluetooth watch etc.

Probably need to fly it away from the neighbourhood
2017-12-13
Use props
fans8f24fed8
lvl.2
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-12 19:57
Hi, Kumar. Please follow the advice above. OTG cable is not fully tested now and we do not recommend users use it now. Our engineers are working on it. Please wait patiently. Thanks for your understanding.

DJI Elektra, thanks for popping in in these forums to give us an official word on the status of some of our concerns.
2017-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules