DJI SPARK stops recording videos during quickshot
4278 15 2017-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Senthil Kumar
lvl.1

Singapore

I have tried quickshots - dronie & rocket. When I click GO, video starts recording automatically. when the drone reaches its distance limit, it stops recording video. So when coming back to the original position , the video is not getting recorded.

i.e during rocket it records only till it goes top. then stops. while getting down the video is OFF automatically.

quite strange and unusual. all good souls please help!!

2017-12-12
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

They only record when flying out or up, that's the idea. The video doesn't record on the way back. That's why they are called Quikshot's
2017-12-12
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

They are 10-second videos. That’s also why helix aborts before it becomes a helix.
2017-12-12
Use props
Senthil Kumar
lvl.1

Singapore

Oops!... i saw  DJI videos in youtube dronies that cover end to end.. thats why i thought so. dont know how they were able to shoot such. many thanks!
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Can you provide the video for further check? BTW, what is the firmware of your drone? Please tell me the version of your app. Thanks for your help.
2017-12-12
Use props
Senthil Kumar
lvl.1

Fiji

heliman Posted at 2017-12-12 09:06
They are 10-second videos. That’s also why helix aborts before it becomes a helix.

howz this guy doing it then ?

2017-12-14
Use props
Senthil Kumar
lvl.1

Fiji

jksphoto Posted at 2017-12-12 08:55
They only record when flying out or up, that's the idea. The video doesn't record on the way back. That's why they are called Quikshot's

2017-12-14
Use props
Lyons90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164528 ft
Australia

Senthil Kumar Posted at 2017-12-14 13:47

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu19yMF4D-o

That is a screen capture of his phone, showing what his screen shows, not the video the spark is taking.
2017-12-14
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

What you are seeing is the screen recording from his App. Look at 3:11, the screen says "QuickShot Ended" and the recording button stops:

QuickShot.JPG
2017-12-14
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
United Kingdom

Senthil Kumar Posted at 2017-12-14 13:46
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu19yMF4D-o

I’m too late to reply.  But as above.  
2017-12-14
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Yes that is the way it works, unfortunately. The way it SHOULD work is that if you are not recording video when you start a quick shot,it should do as it does and stop at the end of the maneuver. But, if you are in record at the start of a quick shot, it should continue recording.  Maybe somebody at DJI will see this and fix it in future software.
2017-12-14
Use props
Senthil Kumar
lvl.1

Fiji

Lyons90 Posted at 2017-12-14 13:51
That is a screen capture of his phone, showing what his screen shows, not the video the spark is taking.

yeah!!!!!                 
2017-12-15
Use props
theglovebox
lvl.1

United Kingdom

LouisP Posted at 2017-12-14 15:28
Yes that is the way it works, unfortunately. The way it SHOULD work is that if you are not recording video when you start a quick shot,it should do as it does and stop at the end of the maneuver. But, if you are in record at the start of a quick shot, it should continue recording.  Maybe somebody at DJI will see this and fix it in future software.

I may have come to this thread a bit late. I am new to the Spark. I am encountering a similar issue. With the Rocket mode, it only records 10 seconds of flight, a couple of which are as it manoeuvres closer and then goes up. It says somewhere it will only climb at 2m/S, meaning the max height that will get recorded is 20m - why then can you set it to 40m. Am I missing something??
2017-12-28
Use props
Sam-Margera
New
Flight distance : 4114 ft
Belgium

I have another problem in quickshot mode : videos are not recording automatically on my Iphone 7 ; any error message ; drone's flying is ok during the mode, but any recording. Or, videos are recording correctly in manuel mode (active track or normal mode).

Need help
2018-4-23
Use props
p_kuzovkova
lvl.1
Belarus

Sam-Margera Posted at 2018-4-23 03:03
I have another problem in quickshot mode : videos are not recording automatically on my Iphone 7 ; any error message ; drone's flying is ok during the mode, but any recording. Or, videos are recording correctly in manuel mode (active track or normal mode).

Need help

Hey Sam, I have the same problem with Mavic Pro.
Has you discovered how to resolve it?
2018-6-16
Use props
djiuser_iXjy9UkF00ee
New

United States

One month and no answer. What’s the point of the forum? I have the same problem, brand new Spark with controller, using iPhone, no video records using any quickshot mode, shows percentage and all, but nothing saves to editor.
2018-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules