The laws in a few states.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ne ... -private-drone-use/
2015-4-15
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Just because they put a law on the books doesn't mean they'll actually do anything about it.  Hell, I've got 160 acres in rural Kentucky and I've had people ride 4 wheelers through my property at midnight, shoot guns close to the house and can't get the local Sheriff or County prosecutor to do anything, even when I've actually caught people trespassing.  

Hey, I know what I can do -- if I can figure out how to make my four Phantoms go into SWARM mode and then just leave one by the body...
2015-4-16
Use props
davidw1963
lvl.2

United States

One of the states says Owner can complain when drone is less then 400 ft.. How can that person tell if its below 400 ft? He has no way of measuring altitude.... I have one and I dont know how high mine flys unless I look at the monitor app showing the altitude..
2015-4-16
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

They're opening a can of worms I bet they're not ready for. What if a kid is flying a kite over my property I can go out and tell him you can't fly there but he keeps flying so I can call the sheriff and now I can and collect damages.  How do I know he doesn't have a camera on the kite.
2015-4-16
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

And if you fly over 400 feet you violate FAA guidelines
2015-4-16
Use props
davidw1963
lvl.2

United States

Capt. Bill Posted at 2015-4-17 00:22
And if you fly over 400 feet you violate FAA guidelines

True.. But the only person that can confirm that altitude is a Aircraft Controller using ground radar. And most cant pickup a drone the size of a Phantom. BUT 400ft is still legal, so a person can get away with flying over ones property, since its not "BELOW" 400 ft.... At that height, your not going to see any detail of people, etc. Much less "hear" the drone to look up to see it which will be a tiny dot in the sky.
2015-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules