864 8 2017-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks, please can someone look over this flight of mine that turned in to a wee adventure...

I have loads of sat connections but says GPS Position NoMatch, thats got to be jammin aint it?

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/0S4LXLC7V4YBWBXYH0LP/
2017-12-12
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

accoriding to your flight records. it seems to be fine.
2017-12-12
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Same story we see all too often.  Not beginning the flight with a full charge on battery  GPS no match meant probably nothing.    I have to ask..... Why so far and not turn back?
2017-12-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not being funny but is that a windup?  have you seen the back story to this? This is a different story,
This is not battery related, at the time of transmission disconnect it was at 49%.It was her onward, extra curricula journey of another 100m and constant hover instead of land all in 8 minutes
that supped the battery

Battery is of no concern to me  in this flight, as i said in my story, it was a touch and go, not even a new flight as
seen in the log, no different to if in the air i decided to go look at something different,  plus it took about 8 minutes
to find her hence the low battery at the end. I do not think i have ever ended a flight on less that 30%, this one
would have been no different.

My concern here is the fact that she went a further 100m on her own and directly after the gps mismatch, coincidentally
this happened directly after /during a box on the screen saying about accepting responsibility for the area im.
I ticked the box  and clicked ok cause  i didnt know what would happen if i said no, i managed to turn her around or so i
thought and it was at that point give or take when i got disconnected, btw aircraft disconnected, not just transmission it was
all very instant, no warning.

Not forgetting about the 2 blokes i saw in coming out from the military training ground at the time i found her
Could i have been jammed or just pure fantasy and the fact she decided to do another 100m on her lonesome
was just her trying to call off the engagement

2017-12-12
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I am not sure why you are getting that message but I would probably calibrate the compass.
2017-12-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

thanks, I did do a full calibration when i got home due to the fly away on take off after this event

I rarely do a compass calibration, since i was told that it was rarely needed unless the app tells me so
2017-12-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2017-12-12 21:40
Not being funny but is that a windup?  have you seen the back story to this? This is a different story,
This is not battery related, at the time of transmission disconnect it was at 49%.It was her onward, extra curricula journey of another 100m and constant hover instead of land all in 8 minutes
that supped the battery

First up ...
The GPSNoMatch messages are a common false alarm and mean nothing - ignore them.

Compass calibration?  I don't know why but some people seem to think calibrating the compass will cure any mystery.
There's no indication here of any compass issues that need correcting.
You should never need to calibrate your compass in normal flying circumstances.

Jamming?  I'd say there's at least a 99.9% chance that no jamming was involved in the incident.

You were flying, first in GPS mode and then Sport mode until 4:10 when you lost signal.
When signal is re-established again at 10:17 the Phantom is 330 feet further away and on the ground, having landed safely
Whatever happened during the missing 6 minutes was not recorded by the app so we have to guess a bit.
Normally on losing signal (Unless you have changed your Loss of Signal options), your Phantom would RTH.
You can check to see what it is set to by checking in the app when the Phantom is connected.
Assuming that you have not changed it from the default (RTH), whatever the screen message was, it would seem to hold the solution to the mystery.
If you play back the flight in the app flight records, does it show you what it said?

The additional distance is no great mystery.
First the Phantom would have travelled for another 3 secs after signal was lost and then applied the brakes.
But in Sport Mode at the speed you were flying, the Phantom will take a bit longer to pull up.
2017-12-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks Labroides, that all makes sense now, the 2 blokes must have just been a coincidence.

The lost connection was set to Landing, not sure how, when or why that would have happened, i have always had to set to RTH,
evidently user error, my hands are up, but memory fails me as to even why i would do that, i have not been in a situation that
would require "landing" on lost connection, im baffled there, my initial thought was the recent update changed it, but someone
said RTH is default so updates would not change it

Would have liked the jamming idea, added excitement to the story ;)
2017-12-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PS, when i got home and tried her, she was still wanting to rise with no input, so i did the IMU and compass, after this, she was fine other
that the max height being only 30m
2017-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules