949 12 2017-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chainmon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3268566 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just purchased 2 new batteries for my P3S.
do I need to do anything to them as far as a firmware upgrade before using them? Or should they work as is?

Thank you in advance
2017-12-12
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

They should work as is. The app will let you know if any upgrades are required
2017-12-12
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Are they from DJI?
2017-12-12
Use props
chainmon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3268566 ft
  • >>>
United States

They are DJI batteries, not a 3rd party battery and purchased from Best Buy
2017-12-12
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Good decision.
2017-12-12
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
United Arab Emirates

To use a general RC expression .....  PnF

Plug and Fly ......

no need to worry ....

Nigel
2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Chainmon, there will be warning in APP if the firmware are not matched. No worries. Happy flying!
2017-12-14
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Chaimon,if you keep the latest upgrade file on the SD card then the battery will leech the latest battery module out of the FW file and will be upgraded automatically less than a minute. No problem to use the new battery.
Keep flying
2017-12-14
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Peterx Posted at 2017-12-14 02:19
Chaimon,if you keep the latest upgrade file on the SD card then the battery will leech the latest battery module out of the FW file and will be upgraded automatically less than a minute. No problem to use the new battery.
Keep flying

Peter is right chainmon. Get a small capacity SD card and store the latest firmware on that. After you use it for upgrading just set it aside in case you ever need to reinstall. While you need an SD card in the unit to fly & record pics etc., that particular card doesn't need to have the bin file on it.
2017-12-14
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
United Arab Emirates

sky wombat Posted at 2017-12-14 02:31
Peter is right chainmon. Get a small capacity SD card and store the latest firmware on that. After you use it for upgrading just set it aside in case you ever need to reinstall. While you need an SD card in the unit to fly & record pics etc., that particular card doesn't need to have the bin file on it.

Why waste another card ? The BIN file is so small and it also records each check in its accompanying TXT file ... no problem to retain on the normal use card.

Nigel
2017-12-14
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Nigel is right,60 MB eats not much capacity of the card. You don´t need an extra card.
2017-12-14
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

solentlife Posted at 2017-12-14 02:51
Why waste another card ? The BIN file is so small and it also records each check in its accompanying TXT file ... no problem to retain on the normal use card.

Nigel

not a question of size it's a question of convenience. SD cards don't cost much so I find it easier to retain the system where I can lay my hands on it espc for the older Phantoms (DJI does have a habit of moving the older software from bookmarked page).  All in all personal choice.
2017-12-14
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
United Arab Emirates

sky wombat Posted at 2017-12-14 03:18
not a question of size it's a question of convenience. SD cards don't cost much so I find it easier to retain the system where I can lay my hands on it espc for the older Phantoms (DJI does have a habit of moving the older software from bookmarked page).  All in all personal choice.

My 'archive copies' are kept on my PC .....

If the SD card is not in the machine of choice - I tend to mislay them !! I have a lot of micro video cams from various aspects of model flight etc. Each has its own card. Plus the SS3 and P3P have their own cards always in ready to go.

Nigel
2017-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules