Sick of the DJI GO 4 clogging up and crashing/hanging
609 2 2017-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob8888
lvl.2
New Zealand

Fu*k I'm tired of having to delete the DJI go app every 10 or so flights.

I've talked about this before and it's still going on

App getting more and more mired with each flight until its crashing every time I take a photo, or hanging for a minute or so, or taking a minute to write 3AEB frames which normally take a few seconds (card is a good one and no where near full)

I've got video caching turned off and it's still happening.  

Only solution I've found is to delete app, download again and start again for the next 8-12 flights before it chokes again.

Mini IPad

Please DJI can you look at this. Seems to be a memory issue.
2017-12-12
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Rob,

Have you tried a tablet a year or so old with at least 2 GB of RAM?  It sounds like your iPad Mini is not up to the task and the DJI GO 4 app gets more complex with every update.  Have you tried to stop all background apps and put it in Airplane Mode to stop downloads?  For the iPad Mini to work, you will have to get it as dedicated to running the DJI GO 4 app as possible.  There can be no other operations in the background.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Rob, sorry for your difficulties, may I know which generation is your iPad mini? Please kindly note that the first generation isn't on the support list. So if you are using the first generation, it might be the compatible issue, you can try Cetacean mentioned on 2#, or you might need to try another mobile device, you can refer to the support list below. If you are not using the first generation, please try to update the iOS to 11.2, then remove the app and install it again. Please note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pics and videos before your reinstallation. See if it helps. devide support list.png
2017-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules