New Maverio BT-300 Drone Edition Feed Back..
12Next >
7911 73 2017-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46283 ft
United States

Hi, I just ordered the Epson Moverio BT-300 Drone Edition, and was wondering if anyone has had experience with one.
I have read some of the reviews, however it is always good to hear fellow DJI Pilots opinions.

I opted for the New Maverio BT-300 Drone Edition because they were made in collaboration with DJI and all the reviews
were very positive.  DJI has a traininig viedeo for the Maverio.  No to mention that in California the law  FAA Part 107  requires
the pilot to always keep the drone in (VLOS) visual line-of-sight at all times.
[size=14.6667px]

2017-12-12
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Let me know what you think dude. I have the DJI GOGGLES and I hardly use them because of their wight and my presciption glasses. Thx
2017-12-12
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-12-12 20:06
Let me know what you think dude. I have the DJI GOGGLES and I hardly use them because of their wight and my presciption glasses. Thx

Hi dronist, I received the Maverio BT-300 yesterday and opened the box when I got home.  The glasses  are less than 2.5 oz and are very light and comfortable to wear.  I also wear glasses and these are made to fit over your glasses.  They come with an extended nose bridge which allows the user to wear the Moverio over their glasses. They also come with a frame that you can have fitted with your prescription that clip right on to the Movario glasses so that you don't have to wear your regular ones.

I am planning of testing them this weekend and will let you know the outcome.  I also purchased a Epson Moverio BT-300 VR Enclosure made by Rochester Optical the manufacturer of the Moverio.  It gives you the same enclosed feeling you get from the DJI Goggles, check it out: https://www.ebay.com/i/302375491581?chn=ps

2017-12-13
Use props
iclubb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have had the Epson Moverio BT-300 for about a year now and find them to be very good. I first saw and tried them at Interdrone 2016 and placed an order for them after the show but didn't receive them until December 2016. I use them with the Mavic and Inspire 1 Raw. They are excellent and give a clear view of the screen whilst still able to have VLOS which is a prerequisite of the UK CAA  PFCO. There is no noticeable lag or delay. There is specific apps to use through the Epson Moverio Apps store which are DJI Go and DJI Go4. I thoroughly recommend them to use with DJI drones as they give very good control of your DJI drones.
2017-12-13
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Don't upgrade to the latest version of the DJI Go4 from the Moverio apps store, it has latency and pixelation issues
2017-12-13
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Silver Surfer Posted at 2017-12-13 09:31
Hi dronist, I received the Maverio BT-300 yesterday and opened the box when I got home.  The glasses  are less than 2.5 oz and are very light and comfortable to wear.  I also wear glasses and these are made to fit over your glasses.  They come with an extended nose bridge which allows the user to wear the Moverio over their glasses. They also come with a frame that you can have fitted with your prescription that clip right on to the Movario glasses so that you don't have to wear your regular ones.

I am planning of testing them this weekend and will let you know the outcome.  I also purchased a Epson Moverio BT-300 VR Enclosure made by Rochester Optical the manufacturer of the Moverio.  It gives you the same enclosed feeling you get from the DJI Goggles, check it out: https://www.ebay.com/i/302375491581?chn=ps

Thx dude... Please keep me posted. Have fun.
2017-12-13
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

iclubb Posted at 2017-12-13 11:56
I have had the Epson Moverio BT-300 for about a year now and find them to be very good. I first saw and tried them at Interdrone 2016 and placed an order for them after the show but didn't receive them until December 2016. I use them with the Mavic and Inspire 1 Raw. They are excellent and give a clear view of the screen whilst still able to have VLOS which is a prerequisite of the UK CAA  PFCO. There is no noticeable lag or delay. There is specific apps to use through the Epson Moverio Apps store which are DJI Go and DJI Go4. I thoroughly recommend them to use with DJI drones as they give very good control of your DJI drones.

Thx for the info!

I hacked the MP and am still on .700. Would I have to update to the newer version or I can still use .700?

Thx

2017-12-13
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

dronist Posted at 2017-12-13 16:08
Thx for the info!

I hacked the MP and am still on .700. Would I have to update to the newer version or I can still use .700?

Are you saying AC firmware version v01.03.0700
If that's the case, you are 5 releases behind at the moment, I wouldn't leave it too long as you could have a firmware update issue.
Another user who was 9 releases behind couldn't update the firmware properly as they weren't able to get the intermediate releases and the DJI beta didn't work
2017-12-13
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Silver Surfer Posted at 2017-12-13 09:31
Hi dronist, I received the Maverio BT-300 yesterday and opened the box when I got home.  The glasses  are less than 2.5 oz and are very light and comfortable to wear.  I also wear glasses and these are made to fit over your glasses.  They come with an extended nose bridge which allows the user to wear the Moverio over their glasses. They also come with a frame that you can have fitted with your prescription that clip right on to the Movario glasses so that you don't have to wear your regular ones.

Welcome Silver Surfer to our BT300 family.
You soon will be notice once you encounter problem with DJI Go and connection issue with your DJI drone, there will be no support at all from neither DJI nor Epson.  If you use BT300 to control Mavic Pro, don’t ever update to the latest 4.1.18.  It cause horrify video feed lag and ground your BT300 before you even try.
2017-12-13
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-12-13 13:16
Don't upgrade to the latest version of the DJI Go4 from the Moverio apps store, it has latency and pixelation issues

Hi Iannes, So what you're saying is not to upgrade to the latest version of the DJI GO4 from the Moverio app store.  Are you saying to upgrade it from the Google App Store or from where?

Please advice.  
2017-12-14
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
United States

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-12-13 18:12
Welcome Silver Surfer to our BT300 family.
You soon will be notice once you encounter problem with DJI Go and connection issue with your DJI drone, there will be no support at all from neither DJI nor Epson.  If you use BT300 to control Mavic Pro, don’t ever update to the latest 4.1.18.  It cause horrify video feed lag and ground your BT300 before you even try.

Hi MAVICDLNM, When did you get your Moverio? Which edition did you get?  I got the New BT-300 Drone Edition.  I'm wondering if they resolved the pixelation problem?  Thanks for the heads up.  I am looking forward to hearing from you.
2017-12-14
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Silver Surfer Posted at 2017-12-14 09:00
Hi Iannes, So what you're saying is not to upgrade to the latest version of the DJI GO4 from the Moverio app store.  Are you saying to upgrade it from the Google App Store or from where?

Please advice.

My advice doesn't really apply in your case, where you don't have the previous DJI Go4 version downloaded from the Moverio Apps store. For me the previous version worked perfectly, the current version has some interference type issues but that just might be my location.

Epson do some optimising of the DJI Go4 app to make it work better with the BT-300 e.g they have their own version.

So you have to download  DJI Go4 from the Moverio apps store and nowhere else.

Some side loaded apps , where you install the .apk file downloaded from sites like Apkpure.com e.g Netflix etc., work on the BT-300. As a guide most apps on the Amazon app store work as you don't need the google play store and google play services to authenticate.
You will just need to download them from Apkpure.com as opposed to Amazon, via the browser on the BT-300

Litchi will work as well, as an alternative when you have problems with DJI Go4, but you need to install exactly in this way.
I've installed this and it works  

Search for "How to install Litchi on DJI CrystalSky and make it Work!!" on Youtube for the process

You can reverse the process and return the BT-300 to the stock configuration by just doing a backup and factory restore from settings, so there is no risk
2017-12-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very tempted!
2017-12-14
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I bought my BT-300 glasses a few months ago but only did a couple of test flights with my P4 and Mavic. Very happy with the video quality in terms of its rock solid signal transmission and the awesome image quality. Apparently the Android version GO 4 app was a little behind so I'm planning to use it more only after the software issues are all sorted out. By the way, I fly RC helicopters which you fly 100% by visual line of sight, but yet I personally do not think it's possible to main visual line of sight of the drone once it is a decent distance away.  Passing the regulations is one thing, but I really doubt if anyone can actually see his/her drone through the projected FPV image, when it's a few hundred meters away...
2017-12-14
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-12-14 12:55
My advice doesn't really apply in your case, where you don't have the previous DJI Go4 version downloaded from the Moverio Apps store. For me the previous version worked perfectly, the current version has some interference type issues but that just might be my location.

Epson do some optimising of the DJI Go4 app to make it work better with the BT-300 e.g they have their own version.

Thanks Iannes for the update.  If my BT-300 Drone Edition does not come with the latest DJI Go 4 app, I will download it from the Moverio App Store.
Thanks again!
2017-12-14
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-12-13 17:13
Are you saying AC firmware version v01.03.0700
If that's the case, you are 5 releases behind at the moment, I wouldn't leave it too long as you could have a firmware update issue.
Another user who was 9 releases behind couldn't update the firmware properly as they weren't able to get the intermediate releases and the DJI beta didn't work

Hi lannes,

Thx dude. I don't really care about updating from .700 because as I said I hacked the MP and it is flying flawlessly with NO ISSUES whatsoever.

So if I have to upgrade to use the BT300 then I will pass on buying it.

Do you know of anyone who used the BT300 with .700?

Anyway Thx dude!

2017-12-14
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
United States

Just Do It !
2017-12-14
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 2017-12-14 14:22
I bought my BT-300 glasses a few months ago but only did a couple of test flights with my P4 and Mavic. Very happy with the video quality in terms of its rock solid signal transmission and the awesome image quality. Apparently the Android version GO 4 app was a little behind so I'm planning to use it more only after the software issues are all sorted out. By the way, I fly RC helicopters which you fly 100% by visual line of sight, but yet I personally do not think it's possible to main visual line of sight of the drone once it is a decent distance away.  Passing the regulations is one thing, but I really doubt if anyone can actually see his/her drone through the projected FPV image, when it's a few hundred meters away...

Hi Monkey007, I hope I get good results like you.  Did you have to down load the DJI Go 4 App or did it already come installed in the BT-300 ?
2017-12-14
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Silver Surfer Posted at 2017-12-14 17:51
Hi Monkey007, I hope I get good results like you.  Did you have to down load the DJI Go 4 App or did it already come installed in the BT-300 ?

There's no FPV version of the BT-300 here in Australia so I had to intall DJI GO4 from Epson's own Moverio app store. I believe the 4.18 is not approved by Epson yet so it's still the 4.15. I'm also missing out on the controller mounting brackets and  Rochester sunshades! I bought those mounting brackets from Shapeway USA for the Mavic remote, but personally I believe I've seen better designs  on the Internet  
2017-12-14
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Monkey007 Posted at 2017-12-14 18:04
There's no FPV version of the BT-300 here in Australia so I had to intall DJI GO4 from Epson's own Moverio app store. I believe the 4.18 is not approved by Epson yet so it's still the 4.15. I'm also missing out on the controller mounting brackets and  Rochester sunshades! I bought those mounting brackets from Shapeway USA for the Mavic remote, but personally I believe I've seen better designs  on the Internet

Sorry, just had a look at the Moverio App Store; there was an update released on 12/7, so most likely it's the 4.18
2017-12-14
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Monkey007 Posted at 2017-12-14 18:12
Sorry, just had a look at the Moverio App Store; there was an update released on 12/7, so most likely it's the 4.18

It doesn't say what version , but there are supposed to be some new features

https://moverio.epson.com/jsp/pc ... ommend&device=3

Including "Near Real-time HD Image Transmission" we can only hope.
2017-12-14
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

dronist Posted at 2017-12-14 14:46
Hi lannes,

Thx dude. I don't really care about updating from .700 because as I said I hacked the MP and it is flying flawlessly with NO ISSUES whatsoever.

I think there will be problems with .700, best not get the BT-300's until your willing to upgrade.

AC firmware upgrades seem to be going hand in hand with upgrades to the DJI Go4
2017-12-14
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Silver Surfer Posted at 2017-12-14 09:08
Hi MAVICDLNM, When did you get your Moverio? Which edition did you get?  I got the New BT-300 Drone Edition.  I'm wondering if they resolved the pixelation problem?  Thanks for the heads up.  I am looking for ward to hearing from you.

Hi Silver Surfer, I had my BT300 since March thats a normal version.  But there are no hardware different between normal and drone /FPV version, just some accessories extra.  The problem is not related (may be) to the hardware itself.  The lag and pixelation problem are due to DJI GO 4 and BT300 firmware.  Actually all issues were solved until the latest 4.1.18.  So no matter what don’t update to it.
2017-12-14
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

dronist Posted at 2017-12-14 14:46
Hi lannes,

I did use .700 with BT300 and thats the most stable combination so far.  But I got no choice need to update to the latest because I have to fly in China, they push force update or NO FLY.  
2017-12-14
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
United States

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-12-14 19:06
I did use .700 with BT300 and thats the most stable combination so far.  But I got no choice need to update to the latest because I have to fly in China, they push force update or NO FLY.

MAVICDLNM, you might want to try what Iammes did.  He was having issues with the latest 4.1.18 also and he got it working fine.  Check it out.

"Iannes
I completely factory reset and deleted all the other non drone apps on my BT-300 and the latency is no longer an issue.

One of the apps must have been causing a problem at start up.

Let me know how it turns out after you test fly it .
2017-12-15
Use props
fans62a36d25
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3488 ft
United States

Silver Surfer Posted at 2017-12-15 08:57
MAVICDLNM, you might want to try what Iammes did.  He was having issues with the latest 4.1.18 also and hegot it working fine.  Check it out.

"Iannes

This morning I did a factory reset and reinstalled DJI GO 4 4.1.18 from the Moverio App Store.  The BT-300 firmware version I am on is R1.4.0.  I still have the 10 second latency delay with heavy pixelation followed by the video freezing.  The reset did not help at all.  I am using a Mavic Pro.  Using an iPad I have no problems at all.
2017-12-15
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
United States

fans62a36d25 Posted at 2017-12-15 09:53
This morning I did a factory reset and reinstalled DJI GO 4 4.1.18 from the Moverio App Store.  The BT-300 firmware version I am on is R1.4.0.  I still have the 10 second latency delay with heavy pixelation followed by the video freezing.  The reset did not help at all.  I am using a Mavic Pro.  Using an iPad I have no problems at all.

fans62a36d25,  you might want to try what Iammes did.  He was having issues with the latest 4.1.18 also and he got it working fine.  Check it out.

"Iannes
I completely factory reset and deleted all the other non drone apps on my BT-300 and the latency is no longer an issue.

One of the apps must have been causing a problem at start up."

Let me know how it turns out after you test fly it .
2017-12-15
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
Canada

Monkey007 Posted at 2017-12-14 18:12
Sorry, just had a look at the Moverio App Store; there was an update released on 12/7, so most likely it's the 4.18

Thanks for the update Monkey700.
2017-12-15
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-12-14 18:54
I think there will be problems with .700, best not get the BT-300's until your willing to upgrade.

AC firmware upgrades seem to be going hand in hand with upgrades to the DJI Go4

Thx yup but I don't update GO4 either.

Am still on .700 and GO4 4.0.8 and no issues what so ever and am a happy

2017-12-15
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-12-14 19:06

All righty then... I'll take your word for it and get it this weekend.! Thx dude.  
2017-12-15
Use props
fans62a36d25
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3488 ft
United States

Silver Surfer Posted at 2017-12-15 11:06
fans62a36d25,  you might want to try what Iammes did.  He was having issues with the latest 4.1.18 also and he got it working fine.  Check it out.

"Iannes

Yes, I did exactly what he did but it did not help the problem at all.
2017-12-15
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Silver Surfer Posted at 2017-12-15 08:57
MAVICDLNM, you might want to try what Iammes did.  He was having issues with the latest 4.1.18 also and he got it working fine.  Check it out.

"Iannes

I had tried to a hard reset and only install DJI GO 4.1.18 from Moverio Market.  But after connected to my Mavic Platinum, it still has noticeable 1-2 seconds delay.  I will try to fly today outdoor.  But doubt thats anything better.
2017-12-15
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-12-15 17:39
I had tried to a hard reset and only install DJI GO 4.1.18 from Moverio Market.  But after connected to my Mavic Platinum, it still has noticeable 1-2 seconds delay.  I will try to fly today outdoor.  But doubt thats anything better.

The latency and pixelation is the result of the video recording, try lowering the quality and turning the transmission rate down to HD or Smooth.

Also stop the video cache to the BT-300

I've also found the pixelation disappears as the Mavic goes further away, so it must be some form of interference, maybe Wi-fi or bluetooth

2017-12-15
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Did some more testing, my experience is

On the Spark there is no perceived latency and pixelation at all, even when recording and strangely this is when using wi-fi to connect to the Spark controller
You would have thought the latency and pixelation over a wi-fi network would be bad but this is not the case, go figure that one out.

On the Mavic, their are no significant latency issues but pixelation kicks in on and off when recording video in C4k and 4k
I've notice there is no pixelation is you use 2.7k quality and below

I have stopped all forms of caching and have cleared the video cache from time to time which seems to remove the pixelation.

I am not sure why I'm not getting the latency issues, but it maybe because I am using the Titan whip antennas with a higher gain over stock.

Next test tomorrow with the P4P , so that we can narrow it down to the Mavic firmware as being the issue as so far there is no issue with the Spark.
2017-12-16
Use props
puddlejumper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 247927 ft
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-12-14 12:55

Where do you find these other apps? I want Litchi, and AR Simulator on my new BT 300.
2017-12-17
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Finalised my testing of the DJI Go4 1.4.18 app on the BT-300

On the P4P there is no lag or pixelation even when taking 4k video at 24fps

The Spark was no problem at all with no lag or pixelation at 1080p

It appears the problems lie solely with the Mavic firmware, where I still have some pixelation, although there is no perceivable lag

All of these tests were conducted with no caching and smooth transmission settings. all AC and RC firmware were the latest version.

I suspect the lag issue is related to signal strength as I am using 9dbi gain whip antenna which are a bit more focused than the stock version, which I believe is 3dbi
2017-12-17
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

lannes Posted at 2017-12-15 23:48
The latency and pixelation is the result of the video recording, try lowering the quality and turning the transmission rate down to HD or Smooth.

Also stop the video cache to the BT-300

lannes, as said in the other forum.  If there is anything to do with signal or interference, the same goes to apply when I control with Litchi.  But I fly 3km far with Litchi in BT300 and Mavic Platinum smoothly.  So it must be the apps itself.  Although I haven’t try to lowering transmission rate to smooth but I kind of doubt such will help.  I have BT300 since March, if there is any setting trick with it, I had already knew.
2017-12-17
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

puddlejumper Posted at 2017-12-17 17:43
Where do you find these other apps? I want Litchi, and AR Simulator on my new BT 300.

Google under BT300 with Litchi, you will find it.
2017-12-17
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-12-17 18:31
lannes, as said in the other forum.  If there is anything to do with signal or interference, the same goes to apply when I control with Litchi.  But I fly 3km far with Litchi in BT300 and Mavic Platinum smoothly.  So it must be the apps itself.  Although I haven’t try to lowering transmission rate to smooth but I kind of doubt such will help.  I have BT300 since March, if there is any setting trick with it, I had already knew.

I agree it's the App, it is just running inefficiently of on the BT-300

The BT-300 is however old tech, it's based on Intel Atom® x5-Z8300 Processor, released in 2015.
It's equivalent to a Samsung Galaxy S5, HTC One (m8) etc. from a phone perspective

All of these phones would struggle with DJI Go4 1.4.18 as well , so we can't expect too much from the BT-300
2017-12-17
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

lannes Posted at 2017-12-17 18:56
I agree it's the App, it is just running inefficiently of on the BT-300

The BT-300 is however old tech, it's based on Intel Atom® x5-Z8300 Processor, released in 2015.

But not with 3-5 second lag and BT300 work perfectly before 4.1.18.
2017-12-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules