881 10 2017-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ahab01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 377444 ft
Australia

I have been updating our drones.
Phantom 4's and using new iPad Minis with up to date iOS.

Fire up the drones and they request a firmware update, do all that and suddenly get weak transmission between remote and drone, green screen and red signals. Help!
2 in a row have done this, now afriad to do any more and none can fly.
2017-12-12
Use props
Ahab01
lvl.1
Australia

2017-12-12
Use props
Ahab01
lvl.1
Australia

2017-12-12
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, BTDT . The problem is the firmware on the transmitter doesn't get updated in the overall update procedure, only on the copter. For some unknown reason, you have to do an update of the transmitter firmware separately. I don't remember off the top of my head exactly where, but if you go into the Go app and look under the "general status" I believe it is. You should see a big red bang by it, if you go in there it'll say the firmware on the controller needs updated. You can download the FW and do the update from that screen.

LS
2017-12-12
Use props
Ahab01
lvl.1
Australia

luciens Posted at 2017-12-12 17:10
Yeah, BTDT . The problem is the firmware on the transmitter doesn't get updated in the overall update procedure, only on the copter. For some unknown reason, you have to do an update of the transmitter firmware separately. I don't remember off the top of my head exactly where, but if you go into the Go app and look under the "general status" I believe it is. You should see a big red bang by it, if you go in there it'll say the firmware on the controller needs updated. You can download the FW and do the update from that screen.

LS

Righto, I was wondering about the controller. Searching now
2017-12-12
Use props
Mjbcobra106
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107769 ft
United States

I am having the same exact problem and I am using the same exact set up
2017-12-12
Use props
Ahab01
lvl.1
Australia

Ahab01 Posted at 2017-12-12 17:27
Righto, I was wondering about the controller. Searching now

I can find a check for update in the General settings under About but it's not finding anything. Nothing under the "Overall status". Have no idea where else to look. Does anyone know of a procedure to force a controller update?
2017-12-12
Use props
Ahab01
lvl.1
Australia

Reading around other posts I have come up with a fix

Download DJI GO App. Turn on remote and connect APP. Do NOT turn on aircraft.

On front screen you have to play around a bit, open everything you can and eventually it will connect to the remote.

Press and hold the 3 lines in the top right of the screen and you will go to screen with "select firmware version"

Select and save Version 1.6.0 and download and then install.

Turn remote off and then on. Go into Camera.  Press red aircraft disconnected top left, check overall status and it will show Remote controller needs upgrade.

Download firmware. install and then turn off and on again.

Hopefully now you go through your normal startup procedures and use DJI GO 4 app and you're away!

2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Ahab01 Posted at 2017-12-12 20:14
Reading around other posts I have come up with a fix

Download DJI GO App. Turn on remote and connect APP. Do NOT turn on aircraft.

Hi, Ahab. Glad you find the solution. You can also try to use Android device to upgrade your RC. Please keep us updated, if you still have the problem.  
2017-12-13
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.3
Flight distance : 190745 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Ahab01, I guess you found my fix on a couple of post locations. For those still getting RC issues here is a way to roll back and force the update again, https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=121045
2017-12-13
Use props
Ahab01
lvl.1
Australia

skyguy17 Posted at 2017-12-13 14:02
Hi Ahab01, I guess you found my fix on a couple of post locations. For those still getting RC issues here is a way to roll back and force the update again, https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=121045

No, but i wish i had! Would of been much quicker.....
2017-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules