Firmware upgrade error
1294 8 2017-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Havnern
New
Thailand

I got firmware upgrade error, and the small lamp next to the mini-usb on the aircraft is red. Any ideas?

2017-12-12
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Havnern,

Try to refresh your firmware.  The red LED indicates the aircraft is not paired with the controller.  You may have to re-link the controller and aircraft when the firmware is updated.

Hope this helps!  Keep us posted on how things work out.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-12-12
Use props
Havnern
New
Thailand

Cetacean Posted at 2017-12-12 19:09
Aloha Havnern,

Try to refresh your firmware.  The red LED indicates the aircraft is not paired with the controller.  You may have to re-link the controller and aircraft when the firmware is updated.

The aircraft is connected to a PC when it has red light and the error message comes from the PC and the software DJI Assistant 2.
So, i dont know why this red light on the aircraft occurs?
2017-12-12
Use props
Ahab01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 377444 ft
Australia

Reading around other posts I have come up with a fix

Download DJI GO App. Turn on remote and connect APP. Do NOT turn on aircraft.

On front screen you have to play around a bit, open everything you can and eventually it will connect to the remote.

Press and hold the 3 lines in the top right of the screen and you will go to screen with "select firmware version"

Select and save Version 1.6.0 and download and then install.

Turn remote off and then on. Go into Camera.  Press red aircraft disconnected top left, check overall status and it will show Remote controller needs upgrade.

Download firmware. install and then turn off and on again.

Hopefully now you go through your normal startup procedures and use DJI GO 4 app and you're away!
2017-12-12
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Havnern Posted at 2017-12-12 19:25
The aircraft is connected to a PC when it has red light and the error message comes from the PC and the software DJI Assistant 2.
So, i dont know why this red light on the aircraft occurs?

Aloha Havnern,

What version of DJI Assistant 2 are you using?  If you are using the latest Assistant 2 software, then a refresh is pretty straight-forward.  Be sure you have a rock-solid Internet connection before you try the refresh.

It is normal to have to re-link the aircraft to the remote controller after firmware and app updates.  But, complete the refresh first so you no longer get the error message.  At this point do not worry about the red LED.  It may only be due to the remote controller not being on or there is no link.  Right now the refresh is the problem.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-12-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Havnern Posted at 2017-12-12 19:25
So, i dont know why this red light on the aircraft occurs?

Hi. As Cetacean states, the red light isn't important as it just indicates that there is no link with a controller (in fact, if you power up your controller you'll note that it Can't connect while the USB cable is plugged in anyway).

Back to the important issue - you say that there's a firmware upgrade error. What is it, and at what stage of the upgrade process?
2017-12-12
Use props
Havnern
New
Thailand

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-12-12 20:39
Hi. As Cetacean states, the red light isn't important as it just indicates that there is no link with a controller (in fact, if you power up your controller you'll note that it Can't connect while the USB cable is plugged in anyway).

Back to the important issue - you say that there's a firmware upgrade error. What is it, and at what stage of the upgrade process?

The error sais

It is downloading the upgrtade, but fails to upload it to the aircraft.
2017-12-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

So, to confirm:
You select the most recent firmware;
It says "Downloading..." and you see the % count up to 100%;
Then you get the error? Or alternatively it says "Transmitting..." and sticks on 0%?

If that's the case, I'm guessing that you have Windows 10 which has recently been updated to the Fall Creators Edition (1709), right? If I'm right, I suggest you try to update the firmware using the GO 4 app instead.
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, Havnern. Did you try to upgrade your drone with DJI Assistant 2 again? Please try to reboot the AC and PC and upgrade again. If you fail again, please provide the log for further analysis.
If you use Windows system, here is the path of log:
C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\DJI Assistant 2\upgrade_log.
Mac system:
~/Library/Application Support/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
2017-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules