Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to make panoramic, tiny planet, HDR and exposure bracketing
3776 5 2017-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pirate-Nurse201
lvl.1
United States

Hello everyone

I am brand new owner of a DJI mavic pro. I recently got into photograpy this year and also gained interest in drones and finally broke down and got a Mavic when it was on sale during Thanksgiving.

Anyway, I've only flown her a couple times. Made some sample videos and pictures. I love it so far. I can't believe the quality it produces. I have a Nikon mid-range DSLR and I'm always slightly tweaking my photos before posting them to social media but I havent felt the need to do that yet with my Mavic. I saw with the recent update, that a panoramic mode is now possible on the Mavic. I know it can also do HDR photos and take bracketed photos too.

I'm trying to figure out how exactly how to get those photos off the SD card and onto my iMac to share with my friends. I'm in West Virgina right now and we had our first snowfall this week. So I went out and snapped some photos at a nearby park to try out the new photo modes. I took a couple photos in each mode, and they show up in the preview mode on the DJI Go App. For example, I took some HDR photos, a 5 exposure bracket photo, some panos and a 360 which stitches into a tiny planet photo. When I'm previewing the tiny planet through the drone, it looks awesome ( not perfect but acceptable for my first time) but I can't save it to my phone. It shows up as giant panorama instead of the tiny planet. Also when I go on my SD card on my Mac, I get all 30 sometning photos instead of the stitched together photo that my Mavic makes.

Same thing with the bracket photo. Previewing it through the Mavic, it looks like a great photo. But when I check the SD card or save the photo to my phone, I get a folder with the 5 individual bracket photos instead of the 1 combined photo I see on my Mavic. Same thing for the panoramas, looks gret on the Mavic but when I save or go on the SD card I get the individual photos used to make the panoramic.

What are you guys doing to get the panos, tiny planets and bracket photos saved to your phone or computer? Seems kinda pointless for the DJI go app to stitch these photos together if you can't save them or use them in any way, unless I'm missing something.

Any tips would be great! I use Luminar for my Nikon photo editing, I know they don't support panoramics yet.
2017-12-12
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

The only way to get the photos that are created by the DJI editor is to upload them to SkyPixel or other social media within the app. Or you can take a screen shot and save that. Otherwise, you will need to stitch the photos yourself on a computer or other device.
2017-12-12
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-12-12 22:10
The only way to get the photos that are created by the DJI editor is to upload them to SkyPixel or other social media within the app. Or you can take a screen shot and save that. Otherwise, you will need to stitch the photos yourself on a computer or other device.

You can remove the micro SD card and plug it directly into you PC (Windows) vis USB Adapter, or you can use you phone as a storage device (IOS) using FunBox, Download Here this program will allow you to use an Apple phone/tablet directly to your PC or MAC, saves using I Tunes.

There are many stitching programs out there and plenty of You Tube tutorials to get you started making 360° Pano's, interactive & non-interactive I Use Microsoft ICE Download Here. And Photoshop CC for rendering and corrections.
2017-12-12
Use props
Jos A
Captain
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

You can use kolor autopano giga to do the job on a imac  http://www.kolor.com/2017/01/31/ ... ro-giga-4-4-beta-1/
2017-12-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Import the files to your Mac straight from the micro SD card and use DJI media maker to stitch them - the quality is amazing - from there you can upload the completed pano to social media. Stitching in the app is possible but the image quality is not as defined as doing it on your Mac.
2017-12-13
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

This information is just what I needed. Thanks guys
2017-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now