Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Spark Firmware Released (13/12/2017)
34358 213 2017-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pablodiaz.lp
lvl.2
Argentina

Arcicorsa Posted at 2017-12-13 08:38
Yes, all flight modes from Mavic. Spark knows everything like Mavic, just Dji forbids it in official App ..

Wooow !! Where is that hacked apk?

Cuting funcionality !!I dislike this behavior from DJI !!
2017-12-13
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

pablodiaz.lp Posted at 2017-12-13 08:59

Download here: PM please .. But this app is translated in Czech language.. You can too find app in English..
2017-12-13
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

pablodiaz.lp Posted at 2017-12-13 08:59

Let's put this right before a new hysteria breaks out here. The Spark and the Mavic have some components in common, why should DJI reinvent the wheel for each drone? But the two models are in different price categories and this can only work if the cheaper one does not have all the features of the more expensive one. Nothing has been "cut" in the Spark, it has only not been released (yet). Once a Mavic 2 will come out with new features, bit by bit we might see additional functions be released for the Spark.
2017-12-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-13 08:55
Strange, not on mine, have checked a few minutes ago. Which version number is it? And does it come with a new GO 4 version? There is no announcement for that either. The last one was on 8 November.

Is remote identification new I have never seen this before?
2017-12-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Todd in Chicago Posted at 2017-12-13 08:00
NEW FIRMWARE DETECTED ON MY CRYSTAL SKY!

Cheers...

Is that for Crystalsky or just new firmware for spark?
2017-12-13
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-13 09:33
Is remote identification new I have never seen this before?

What do you mean with "remote identification"?
2017-12-13
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

Sorry guys I did not get a chance to even check it out but I'm pretty sure it is not for the Crystal Sky and just for the aircraft sorry for the confusion.  Promote identification is a new feature which will allow Pilots to identify themselves for use with Aeroscope.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2017-12-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-13 09:36
What do you mean with "remote identification"?

Go into your app 3dots, first icon you will see remote identification, it says that people on the ground will be able to tell if someone is flying a drone in the area, it is a bit vague as usual with dji leave it up to us to figure, I just had a quick look earlier not near my spark at the moment.
2017-12-13
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
United States

Yep...remote identification will allow the pilot to allow certain aspects of their flight to be exposed to Aeroscope, this is based on my understanding is supposed to be of particular importance for those who are part 107 and fly commercially.

Todd in Chicago
2017-12-13
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-13 09:39
Go into your app 3dots, first icon you will see remote identification, it says that people on the ground will be able to tell if someone is flying a drone in the area, it is a bit vague as usual with dji leave it up to us to figure, I just had a quick look earlier not near my spark at the moment.

I have just checked and I don't have it. Do you see this on your CS or on your iOS device? Can you post a screenshot?
2017-12-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-13 09:56
I have just checked and I don't have it. Do you see this on your CS or on your iOS device? Can you post a screenshot?

iOS ............
2017-12-13
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Must be a difference between the iOS and Android versions. Oh wait, I have to check if it is present in the Android 4.1.18 version, will report back later.
2017-12-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I have just checked and I don't have it. Do you see this on your CS or on your iOS device? Can you post a screenshot?

Will post screenshot later.
2017-12-13
Use props
AmirG
lvl.1
United States

My bad luck. Just got my Spark yesterday and needs the FW update before I can do anything.
However on iOS 11.2 I can't seem to update the FW. WiFi drops all the time and update fails.
Already spent 2-3 hours working on it but no luck to get to update the FW. Tried, restarting, removing Go 4 app and reinstalling to no luck.
Anybody else has the same issue?
I haven't yet received my Remote Controller.
2017-12-13
Use props
djiuser_Ratz27a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

AmirG Posted at 2017-12-13 10:45
My bad luck. Just got my Spark yesterday and needs the FW update before I can do anything.
However on iOS 11.2 I can't seem to update the FW. WiFi drops all the time and update fails.
Already spent 2-3 hours working on it but no luck to get to update the FW. Tried, restarting, removing Go 4 app and reinstalling to no luck.

If you are using Windows 10, download DJI Assistant 2. Connect the micro USB between your computer and the aircraft (it will detect the hardware), open the program and enter your DJI user and password and click on the "Spark" icon on the left. .. It will only alert you about updating the firmware. For me, I was able to do the upgrade in this way.
Good luck
2017-12-13
Use props
djiuser_Ratz27a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

AmirG Posted at 2017-12-13 10:45
However on iOS 11.2 I can't seem to update the FW. WiFi drops all the time and update fails.
Already spent 2-3 hours working on it but no luck to get to update the FW. Tried, restarting, removing Go 4 app and reinstalling to no luck.

For me is ok, look this 2nd. video of this topic.

2017-12-13
Use props
Neeon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 453701 ft
Fiji

Hope the otg issue is sorted out on this update.
2017-12-13
Use props
Brambleman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20627 ft
United States

I wouldn't be surprised if the Remote Identification is a USA based feature. I have it as well and I am in Seattle, WA.
2017-12-13
Use props
Eric04401
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4531 ft
United States

Upgraded the firmware but I still can't see battery percentage when using OTG cable.  I hope the new version of the app is a lot better because the DJI app on Android is awful.  I won't invest in a more expensive drone when the app is so sluggish and frequently freezes.  
2017-12-13
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Eric04401 Posted at 2017-12-13 11:35
Upgraded the firmware but I still can't see battery percentage when using OTG cable.  I hope the new version of the app is a lot better because the DJI app on Android is awful.  I won't invest in a more expensive drone when the app is so sluggish and frequently freezes.

This is not a Firmware issue and never has been. It is linked to DJI GO 4 and version 4.1.18 of it. We have to wait for the new version to become available to see if the issue has been fixed. Personally I am very optimistic that this will be the case.
2017-12-13
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Brambleman Posted at 2017-12-13 11:06
I wouldn't be surprised if the Remote Identification is a USA based feature. I have it as well and I am in Seattle, WA.

No, hallmark007 is in Ireland and if this is a new feature, it makes sense everywhere.
2017-12-13
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

djiuser_Ratz27a Posted at 2017-12-13 10:56
If you are using Windows 10, download DJI Assistant 2. Connect the micro USB between your computer and the aircraft (it will detect the hardware), open the program and enter your DJI user and password and click on the "Spark" icon on the left. .. It will only alert you about updating the firmware. For me, I was able to do the upgrade in this way.
Good luck

There is also a DJI Assistant for Mac available for download on the DJI website.
2017-12-13
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-13 10:06
Will post screenshot later.

So I have now checked on Android version 4.1.18 as well (with and without OTG). On Android the feature is so far not available, but maybe with the new App Version. Is the iOS 4.1.22 available already and have you installed it? If yes, that might be the answer then. A Screenshot will be very interesting, also from other things you might discover. Thank you!
2017-12-13
Use props
LeeWireless
lvl.4
United States

Thanks DJI.  Super easy to update Spark using DJI Assistant 2.  Took just a few minutes.  No issues noted.  
2017-12-13
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

I started update with 70% battery. When the update slowly had reached 99%, it aborted, saying that the battery was down to 50%.
The upgrade instructions say  “Make sure the battery has more than 50% power”.
It had, so the instruction is bogus.
2017-12-13
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

heliman Posted at 2017-12-13 13:09
I started update with 70% battery. When the update slowly had reached 99%, it aborted, saying that the battery was down to 50%.
The upgrade instructions say  “Make sure the battery has more than 50% power”.
It had, so the instruction is bogus.

That is strange indeed, 50% should be largely sufficient for this update.
2017-12-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-13 12:47
So I have now checked on Android version 4.1.18 as well (with and without OTG). On Android the feature is so far not available, but maybe with the new App Version. Is the iOS 4.1.22 available already and have you installed it? If yes, that might be the answer then. A Screenshot will be very interesting, also from other things you might discover. Thank you!

Hi Watchberger, iOS not out yet will have to upload tomorrow won’t see my spark until then .
2017-12-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Arcicorsa Posted at 2017-12-13 08:19
I was now testing a new FW with hacked app 4.1.14 and it all works including all Mavic flight modes and even WayPoints.. Now we need 4.1.22 app ... Dji can you tell when will it be on your site?

You could always buy a Mavic all your problems solved.
2017-12-13
Use props
LOMELI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 887031 ft
Spain

Well, I'm from Mexico, visiting Spain. Updated my Spark this morning.

When updating I was using WiFi with my OTG, unfortunately when the OTG was connected I could not update, the link between Controller and Spark broke. When I disconnected the OTG and did regular WiFi connection (the FW was already downloaded on my phone) I could update without issues.

Remote ID seems to be new. You can optinally put your name and reason/description of flight. I'm guessing that if someone is "watching" your flight they can ID who it is and what you're doing.

Flying inside a city in Spain is quite limited, so I took out the drone for a small (very low) flight in a park and saw no changes at all while flying on WiFi. I did not bring my OTG to the park, so I still need to try that. I'm flying out of here tomorrow, if I get a chance I will test out my OTG and see if there are any changes. I believe that an update on the APP would help a lot, specially for all of those OTG lovers like me.

2017-12-13
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-13 14:30

I do not know what you're reacting to. I do not get anything wrong in this reply. I just constant that the new FW works properly with the patched app and the Mavic flight modes are available.

I do not know why I should buy Mavic .. I just want Spark to work as it is written in Dji specifications, if you reacting for my posts in other threads. Nothing more..
2017-12-13
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-13 14:27
Hi Watchberger, iOS not out yet will have to upload tomorrow won’t see my spark until then .

Great, thanks! Now there is also LOMELI here who can see Remote ID too. I am really curious!
2017-12-13
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

LOMELI Posted at 2017-12-13 14:50
Well, I'm from Mexico, visiting Spain. Updated my Spark this morning.

When updating I was using WiFi with my OTG, unfortunately when the OTG was connected I could not update, the link between Controller and Spark broke. When I disconnected the OTG and did regular WiFi connection (the FW was already downloaded on my phone) I could update without issues.

Hi, are you on iOS or on Android? After firmware update today I have searched on my Android devices and definitely cannot find the Remote ID feature. And yes, firmware update via OTG does not work (yet), only via WiFi or DJI Assistant.
2017-12-13
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
United States

Yes...I updated my Spark firmware no problem, but haven't tried a flight yet.

I use both an Android phone and a Crystal Sky and I do not see the remote identification option.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2017-12-13
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
United States

Folks....

Here is some of the info I talked about:  https://www.dji.com/newsroom/new ... ns-for-drone-pilots

And an excerpt:

AeroScope System Protects Privacy With “License Plate,” Allows Self-Identification

DJI is introducing new features to the DJI AeroScope remote identification system that functions as an “electronic license plate” for drones. The new features allow drone pilots to voluntarily identify their flight operations to authorities while still protecting their privacy.

AeroScope is a system that remotely identifies and tracks airborne drones, allowing law enforcement and aviation safety officials to respond to safety and security concerns about drones. DJI drones locally broadcast their location, speed, heading and serial numbers to AeroScope receivers used by authorities at sensitive locations or in response to complaints.  However, they do not broadcast personally identifiable information.

Recent updates to the DJI GO 4 app and DJI drone firmware, made available first for the DJI Mavic Pro last week, will allow pilots to choose whether or not to broadcast additional information about their flight operations, if they believe it will be helpful to ease any concerns about their flights. Professional pilots and pilots who fly near sensitive locations may choose to do this routinely.

Once updated, the DJI GO 4 app will display a “remote identification” menu in the main controller settings. This menu gives pilots the option to broadcast their “UUID,” a unique user identification code tied to each pilot’s DJI GO account, and “Identification & Flight Information,” if a pilot chooses to enter information into them. The default setting for both options is to not broadcast them, and these settings can be changed at any time.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2017-12-13
Use props
djiuser_mxp7X0b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5272 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-13 14:30

I'm sure spending a grand could sort out many a problem!
2017-12-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_mxp7X0b Posted at 2017-12-13 16:57
I'm sure spending a grand could sort out many a problem!

Sort what out?
2017-12-13
Use props
Spark GTR
New
United States

I just updated and now my OTG cable no longer works (it just keeps connecting and disconnecting continuously), I start d a thread about it
2017-12-13
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Doesn’t look like any new features come with this firmware except update fix?!  And the new version 4.1.22 was not even available yet.  Come on DJI, how hard can it be to launch everything in the same time?
2017-12-13
Use props
djiuser_NtrZrvK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 447096 ft
United States

Hello pilots! I have question about using the Samsung s7. When recording I can see like slight twitching in the Video after flying. I'm viewing it on my computer from the SD card. I start to lose the image after flying a distance of a 1000 feet.
2017-12-13
Use props
tvon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43373 ft
United States

Was anyone seeing a RC update too? I connected the Spark directly to my PC and got the firmware update.  On my android, i connected to the WiFi of the RC and had it check, said no update.  Of course i'm still on .15 of the app.  
2017-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules