Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dont use Android phone when using Spark (No OTG)
5783 28 2017-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sadssandiford13
United Kingdom

Hi, I had a problem with flying in a nfz!

got an answer from DJI

Dear Brent,

Thank you for contacting DJI.
This is because android device can't use wifi and internet at the same time.
Do you have any friends have iphone device?
It won't have this problem. Thank you.

Best regards,
Flysafe Team丨安全飞行团队
Enjoy Flying, Safely
More safe flying tips at http://flysafe.dji.com/

DJI really need to get OTG support sorted, especially for android phones!!!!!!!!!
2017-12-13
Use props
heliman
First Officer
Denmark

Android needs to be fixed. DJI can’t do that.
2017-12-13
Use props
FireSauce
lvl.1

United States

heliman Posted at 2017-12-13 08:32

That’s kind of an ignorant answer when it was an update to dji go, not android, that caused it to stop working.  

But, to everyone who is suffering with android devices, I say just get off the soapbox and buy a used iPad mini! you can use it for a lot of other things besides flying a spark! Less than 100 bucks.  Not that bad.
2017-12-13
Use props
Boah99
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13819 ft
Jamaica

FireSauce Posted at 2017-12-13 08:57
That’s kind of an ignorant answer when it was an update to dji go, not android, that caused it to stop working.  

But, to everyone who is suffering with android devices, I say just get off the soapbox and buy a used iPad mini!  you can use it for a lot of other things besides flying a spark! Less than 100 bucks.  Not that bad.

Why should I blhave to buy another device to use my spark. Especially when it was sold to me with android support working?
2017-12-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Boah99 Posted at 2017-12-13 09:16
Why should I blhave to buy another device to use my spark. Especially when it was sold to me with android support working?

Yes it was but it didn’t support otg, Android needs to get sorted I agree.
2017-12-13
Use props
Manoel Regis
New
Flight distance : 254072 ft
  • >>>
United States

it is possible, and only activate the download booster function.
settings / connections / more connection settings / download booster
You can use a cable, connected from your cellphone to the control, so you can use the internet.

2017-12-13
Use props
Paul Lee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 120623 ft
United Kingdom

You had a problem flying in a NFZ?? A No Fly Zone? Why were you flying in a NFZ??
2017-12-13
Use props
sadssandiford13
United Kingdom

Paul Lee Posted at 2017-12-13 10:38
You had a problem flying in a NFZ?? A No Fly Zone? Why were you flying in a NFZ??

Every NFZ has a safety arear around it where you can get authority to fly in it!!

search for DJI safefly zone and you will see most NFZ have yellow and green areas!
2017-12-13
Use props
sadssandiford13
United Kingdom

Manoel Regis Posted at 2017-12-13 10:21
it is possible, and only activate the download booster function.
settings / connections / more connection settings / download booster
You can use a cable, connected from your cellphone to the control, so you can use the internet.

If you read the forum, the latest Go 4 update 4.1.18, took away the ability to connect the app to rc by cable!
2017-12-13
Use props
tvon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43373 ft
United States

Wow this is insane they are saying you can't use an Android, yet this $500+ product is marketed as such. DJI needs to get their act together here.  

I'm still on .15 using an OTG cable and already had a very scary disconnect. Thankfully the RTH worked and I got my AC back safely. I always fly in airplane mode on my android now, because I do think some sort of phone interference did it (i was near nothing that would of caused the issue).  Lots of issues with DJI support recently!!
2017-12-13
Use props
akositric
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17274 ft
Philippines

Funny right, most users suggest iOS to enjoy the Spark. On the other hand, Crystal Sky runs on a scaled down Android and works well. hmmmm
2017-12-13
Use props
sSkyPilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Hmmm... Thanks for all the good info.
2017-12-13
Use props
web_parrot
Captain
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

akositric Posted at 2017-12-13 15:16
Funny right, most users suggest iOS to enjoy the Spark. On the other hand, Crystal Sky runs on a scaled down Android and works well. hmmmm

:-)  Yeah, but I don't think you could use a Crystalsky with the Spark RC.... the images show a standard USB cable .... maybe you'd have to use an OTG adapter ( wink wink )

Anyhow, the 'store' doesn't show it compatible with Spark.
2017-12-13
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

With 4.1.15 working, but 4.1.18 not, I kind of see that not as a faulty android.
2017-12-13
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

FireSauce Posted at 2017-12-13 08:57

But, to everyone who is suffering with android devices, I say just get off the soapbox and buy a used iPad mini!  you can use it for a lot of other things besides flying a spark! Less than 100 bucks.  Not that bad.

Does it have offline maps, yet?
2017-12-13
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

web_parrot Posted at 2017-12-13 16:24
:-)  Yeah, but I don't think you could use a Crystalsky with the Spark RC.... the images show a standard USB cable .... maybe you'd have to use an OTG adapter ( wink wink )

Till now DJI is offering CS with wifi for Spark, methinks
2017-12-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

web_parrot Posted at 2017-12-13 16:24

Yes it does.
2017-12-13
Use props
web_parrot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-12-13 16:45
Till now DJI is offering CS with wifi for Spark, methinks

Ahhhh.  Thx.  I was going by the info on their "Store" specs ( list of compatible devices for CS ).  Good to know before dropping $$$.  Do you have a link to where that is specified?
2017-12-13
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

web_parrot Posted at 2017-12-13 20:44
Ahhhh.  Thx.  I was going by the info on their "Store" specs ( list of compatible devices for CS ).  Good to know before dropping $$$.  Do you have a link to where that is specified?

'A USB OTG cable is required when connecting to a Spark remote controller.

A function allowing users to connect Spark's remote controller to CrystalSky monitors and other mobile devices with a USB OTG cable is coming soon.'

https://store.dji.com/product/cr ... ?from=compatibility

Maybe ask Watchberger!
2017-12-13
Use props
web_parrot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-12-13 20:52
'A USB OTG cable is required when connecting to a Spark remote controller.

A function allowing users to connect Spark's remote controller to CrystalSky monitors and other mobile devices with a USB OTG cable is coming soon.'

Big :-) !!
Coincident... when I looked in the store (earlier today) I spotted the red "Out of Stock" and stopped reading.... Thanks for keeping me honest ...
2017-12-13
Use props
heliman
First Officer
Denmark

akositric Posted at 2017-12-13 15:16
Funny right, most users suggest iOS to enjoy the Spark. On the other hand, Crystal Sky runs on a scaled down Android and works well. hmmmm

Crystalsky is a different animal. DJI has control over both the hardware, the operating system and which other apps it runs. They may even have cut the power line from the usb connector so the cs and the rc don’t try to charge each other when using a cable.
Generic android phones are vendor depending moving targets out of DJI control.
2017-12-14
Use props
sadssandiford13
United Kingdom

heliman Posted at 2017-12-14 00:46
Crystalsky is a different animal. DJI has control over both the hardware, the operating system and which other apps it runs. They may even have cut the power line from the usb connector so the cs and the rc don’t try to charge each other when using a cable.
Generic android phones are vendor depending moving targets out of DJI control.

Can we keep on topic, this isn't about discussing CrytsalSky, its about without OTG, Spark cant have Internet when it flies, so no online maps or NFZ authorization!!!!!
2017-12-14
Use props
Rjrolyn
lvl.3
United States

So Dji are just FANBOYS of Iphones and not support Android, WOW So Android users are being forced to buy Iphones, Dji time to take your Chopstixx off your asses cause theres 2 areas in the world that use Androids and use Iphones. Hate 2 see Dji fall hard for non consumer support.
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Brent, could you please provide me the details of your problem with the NFZ and your ticket number so I can look into it?
2017-12-17
Use props
Whosin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56109 ft
Canada

Sorry, what does this mean? Can't use android phone to view? If so, I need to return unbox spark that just received today?
2017-12-17
Use props
MIIonSPARK
lvl.1
Poland

Hey, it's not true I use Android phone just, tun on flight mode, than wi-fi , connect to Spark and everything will be OK
2017-12-17
Use props
Nijam219
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5443 ft
Germany

my iphone 5s is also no network, when connected with wifi.
why ?
2017-12-17
Use props
the womble
Flight distance : 186424 ft
New Zealand

Have a DJI SPARK and have been using an  andriod phone (OnePlus3T) for 3 months. I used a  cable with a mini USB one  ends and a USB plug the other and a  adapter .
Have update the 'phone' to a DJI CRYSTALSKY 5.5 and use the cable supplied with the DJI mounting bracket. Have use a small USB/Mini USB adaptor. NO PROBLEMS
. Hopefully this pics shows the little adapter
2017-12-18
Use props
fans4287815f
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14196 ft

sadssandiford13 Posted at 2017-12-13 10:48
If you read the forum, the latest Go 4 update 4.1.18, took away the ability to connect the app to rc by cable!

Really? OMIGOD. Why?
2019-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules