Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Disabling GEO fencing
5164 8 2017-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FastLife1K
lvl.1
United States

Hello all,

I know, touchy subject. Why would you need to disable it?! Well I work for a very large airport here in teh U.S. and we are looking at ways to use UAVs at the airprot for various work activities including aerial vdieos and photos of the runways and wildlife mitigation. Now before anybody starts saying it aint possible, it is. We have already done some work using them in the past but are looking at new manufactureres and DJI seems promising except for their 1.5 mile restriciton at airfields. I already emailed them two weeks ago and have yet to recieve any reply. So Is there a way to get around the GEO restrictions placed on us by the compnay's firmware? I also work daily with AirMap and have recieved some good information from them on this front.
-Thanks!
2017-12-13
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

This aint possible unless you go to teh dark side compnay's and not DJI....seriously if you want to sneak around and do things around airports with a drone, i would build my own or a kit etc. with FPV goggles and not a DJI device....am i reading your post correctly?
2017-12-13
Use props
FastLife1K
lvl.1
United States

rolling56 Posted at 2017-12-13 10:10
This aint possible unless you go to teh dark side compnay's and not DJI....seriously if you want to sneak around and do things around airports with a drone, i would build my own or a kit etc. with FPV goggles and not a DJI device....am i reading your post correctly?

Not exactly. I am not sneaking around at all. i work at the airport and have full access to any part of the airport I choose. This includes shooting shotguns, rifles and handguns anywhere on airport property. I am just looking at ways to use a drone and it seems DJI doesn't work well with us even though we have full authority.

Looks like building our own will have to happen.
2017-12-13
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

FastLife1K Posted at 2017-12-13 10:36
Not exactly. I am not sneaking around at all. i work at the airport and have full access to any part of the airport I choose. This includes shooting shotguns, rifles and handguns anywhere on airport property. I am just looking at ways to use a drone and it seems DJI doesn't work well with us even though we have full authority.

Looks like building our own will have to happen.

From what i have read here i don't think they will give an inch/mm. Someone might know different so hang on for others to think about it.
You could get a DJI Mavic? that had not been updated to the newest firmware and just keep ignoring the updates all the time. You cannot flash back once the newest has been flashed.
2017-12-13
Use props
Flycaster
Captain
United States

More than likely, you will have to "downrev" your AC firmware, and your DJIgo4  App.
You want .700 or lower on the AC ( I find .400 perfect for myself). No NFZ, no gimbal resets, and no distance restrrictions.
If you search for "Digdat0" on youtube, you will find instructions to down rev to any level of firmware DJI had out for the Mavic (even sweet .400) for the AC and the DJI go4 app.
2017-12-13
Use props
FastLife1K
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for the responses!
2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi sir, may I know which email address did you send email to? Is it flysafe@dji.com? Could you please provide me with your ticket number so I can look into it? Thank you in advance.
2017-12-17
Use props
FastLife1K
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-17 18:51
Hi sir, may I know which email address did you send email to? Is it flysafe@dji.com? Could you please provide me with your ticket number so I can look into it? Thank you in advance.

Yes i Sent it to that number and never received a reply so no ticket number.
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

FastLife1K Posted at 2017-12-18 17:27
Yes i Sent it to that number and never received a reply so no ticket number.

Could you please check the spam?  An auto-reply email with a ticket number should be sent to you once we received your email. You can also provide  me with your email address via PM, then I can check it on our system.
2017-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules