Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Goggles RE + Spark = No Flight Data ???
1598 6 2017-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DocQuicksand
First Officer
Flight distance : 1048652 ft
  • >>>
United States

I recieved the Goggles the other day, connected it to the Mavic through Occusync and it works flawlessly. I understand that Goggles sync to the Spark differently (through an OTG connection from RC to Goggles), but when I make that connection, the DJI Go App (running on my iPhone 7) disconnects completely. Not a big deal except that when the DJI Go app disconnects, no flight data is being recorded. I actually lost 13 minutes of flight time when flying with the Goggles because of this (not cool).

Is this normal? I would expect that all systems should be talking, either through the OTG connection or via the established WiFi connection, and that flight data should be recorded regardless. Am I missing some setting on one of the devices being used, or is there a bug / limitation?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

DocQuicksand
2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Did you try to change OTG cable? Please note that the flight records were saved in goggles and you can connect it with DJI Assistant 2 to export the flight data. And it can not be added into the flight records of app. And our engineers are working on that. Thanks for understanding.
2017-12-14
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

It would be greatly appreciated if we could connect our birds to the Assistant & have the onboard records exported to our online flight records.  I have requested this ability several times.
2017-12-14
Use props
DocQuicksand
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-14 03:49
It would be greatly appreciated if we could connect our birds to the Assistant & have the onboard records exported to our online flight records.  I have requested this ability several times.

So I am assuming that you have the same issue? I don't have the issue with my Mavic...
2017-12-14
Use props
DocQuicksand
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-14 01:54
Hi, sir. Did you try to change OTG cable? Please note that the flight records were saved in goggles and you can connect it with DJI Assistant 2 to export the flight data. And it can not be added into the flight records of app. And our engineers are working on that. Thanks for understanding.

It is a brand new OTG cable, haven't had any issue using it. Don't believe that it is a OTG issue, just don't understand why when we connect the OTG cable, it shuts down the WiFi connection between the phone and RC...
2017-12-14
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

DocQuicksand Posted at 2017-12-14 05:57
So I am assuming that you have the same issue? I don't have the issue with my Mavic...

No it's that most of my flights are long programmed Litchi missions so, because they run under Litchi, they don't get synced or recorded to my flight logs.  They are still logged by the bird's onboard flight recorder & it would be great to be able to use the Assistant to sync them.
2017-12-14
Use props
DocQuicksand
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-14 07:34
No it's that most of my flights are long programmed Litchi missions so, because they run under Litchi, they don't get synced or recorded to my flight logs.  They are still logged by the bird's onboard flight recorder & it would be great to be able to use the Assistant to sync them.

Downloaded and started running Litchi last week. What an awesome tool! I will post some flight missions soon...
2017-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules