Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Replacement Mavic Poor Performance
1026 11 2017-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tgarber
lvl.1
United States

I crashed my Mavic Pro three days after I bought it. Fortunately, I purchased the Care Refresh. Awesome. I received my replacement 2 days ago. Took it out for first flight. Not awesome. Noticeably poor performance. Gimble will not level after auto configure. A bit of a shaky flight. Anybody receive a replacement Mavic Pro and it be a noticeably lesser product?
2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Sir, please try to calibrate the IMU and then do gimbal calibration immediately to check whether the issue remains. If no helps, please kindly offer a short video for better assistance, thanks!
2017-12-14
Use props
Tgarber
lvl.1
United States

I calibrated the IMU first, as you said. It helped a little bit, but I still have to adjust the roll on the gimble to make it level.
2017-12-14
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Tgarber Posted at 2017-12-14 15:14
I calibrated the IMU first, as you said. It helped a little bit, but I still have to adjust the roll on the gimble to make it level.

Sorry to hear that you crashed but it's hard to know for certain if what you're experiencing is abnormal just from the description. Any chance that you could post a video from the flight? Due to changes in the Mavic's attitude it's not unusual to have to make small adjustments to keep the the gimbal perfectly level during flight, so you may or may not have a defective aircraft.

To answer the question from your original post, yes, sometimes people get back replacements that aren't 100% up to par, but it seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

2017-12-14
Use props
Tgarber
lvl.1
United States

Here's a link to a screen recording of my gimbal calibration. It's about 1min 48sec long. You'll see how off it is after the calibration. The reason for so many adjustment clicks is because I was adjusting in the wrong direction.  I think it ultimately was as .2 of the measurement units to get to level. It's a necessary evil.... but, I didn't have to do this with my brand new Mavic Pro... just the replacement.

Gimbal Calibration Vid
2017-12-14
Use props
Tgarber
lvl.1
United States

Tgarber Posted at 2017-12-14 16:06
Here's a link to a screen recording of my gimbal calibration. It's about 1min 48sec long. You'll see how off it is after the calibration. The reason for so many adjustment clicks is because I was adjusting in the wrong direction.  I think it ultimately was as .2 of the measurement units to get to level. It's a necessary evil.... but, I didn't have to do this with my brand new Mavic Pro... just the replacement.

Gimbal Calibration Vid

On a sidenote:
The drone flew well today. Really good picture quality. When it's descending, the drone shakes a bit. It doesn't affect the video, though... a testament to the gimbal's stability, because this sucker was shakin' on the way down! I don't recall my brand new Mavic Pro doing that. I may not have noticed it, though.
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Tgarber Posted at 2017-12-14 16:17
On a sidenote:
The drone flew well today. Really good picture quality. When it's descending, the drone shakes a bit. It doesn't affect the video, though... a testament to the gimbal's stability, because this sucker was shakin' on the way down! I don't recall my brand new Mavic Pro doing that. I may not have noticed it, though.

Hi sir, the drone shakes only when descending, right? May it be that there is a wind? Please try to calibrate the IMU (as I saw your video it is the gimbal calibration), and do more test to see will it happens again when you are convenience. Thank you.
2017-12-14
Use props
Tgarber
lvl.1
United States

"Hi sir, the drone shakes only when descending, right? May it be that there is a wind? Please try to calibrate the IMU (as I saw your video it is the gimbal calibration), and do more test to see will it happens again when you are convenience. Thank you."

Yeah.... as stated above, I have done that a couple of times already. It's not a big deal. Just my OCD coming through. It would just be nice to not have to adjust the gimbal every time it's turned on. But, seriously... not a big deal.

Regarding the shines on descent, there was no wind this morning, but it still shook a little. I am wondering if the motors are matched perfectly or not. Anyway.... very new to a high quality drone. This ain't no mall drone! Absolutely love the Mavic Pro!

2017-12-15
Use props
Tgarber
lvl.1
United States

Tgarber Posted at 2017-12-15 08:43
"Hi sir, the drone shakes only when descending, right? May it be that there is a wind? Please try to calibrate the IMU (as I saw your video it is the gimbal calibration), and do more test to see will it happens again when you are convenience. Thank you."

Yeah.... as stated above, I have done that a couple of times already. It's not a big deal. Just my OCD coming through. It would just be nice to not have to adjust the gimbal every time it's turned on. But, seriously... not a big deal.

That should have read "Regarding the shakiness"
2017-12-15
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

Tgarber Posted at 2017-12-15 08:46
That should have read "Regarding the shakiness"

All multimotor aircraft shake if you descend vertically at speed, due to aerodynamics. If you want to keep your descent smooth, decrease altitude slowly, or add some forward or backward (left/right) movement too.
2017-12-15
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Send it in for "repairs"
2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Tgarber Posted at 2017-12-15 08:43
"Hi sir, the drone shakes only when descending, right? May it be that there is a wind? Please try to calibrate the IMU (as I saw your video it is the gimbal calibration), and do more test to see will it happens again when you are convenience. Thank you."

Yeah.... as stated above, I have done that a couple of times already. It's not a big deal. Just my OCD coming through. It would just be nice to not have to adjust the gimbal every time it's turned on. But, seriously... not a big deal.

Thank you for your update, please check the props and make sure they are all well, also, please kindly test a flight in the good light condition, calibrate the compass and IMU first, avoid the strong wind. If the shaking still exists, would you mind providing me with a video of this case? I would like to check it first. Thank you so much.
2017-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules