01/18/2017 hitted the tree
1155 17 2017-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jay-Yang
lvl.2
Flight distance : 783323 ft
United States

https://www.skypixel.com/videos/463d0871-3ce6-440b-b5c9-471ea34bc446?utm_source=url&utm_medium=copied&utm_campaign=share
2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Jay, sorry to watch the crash video. Is there any damage of the drone? If you need further assistance, please contact the support from here: https://www.dji.com/support
2017-12-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ouch! In future keep your finger over the red pause button on the RC when using an intelligent flight mode such as active track - the OA is good but never 100% on any drone - especially tree branches in low light. If you press the pause button the drone will stop and hover in an instant allowing you to take manual control of the drone to avoid what happened here. .
2017-12-14
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

Well, that didn't stand a chance....... lol

Didn't look like much damage was done, hope it still flies.
2017-12-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nooooo.
That is a pity.!
2017-12-14
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 2017-12-14 01:26
Ouch! In future keep your finger over the red pause button on the RC when using an intelligent flight mode such as active track - the OA is good but never 100% on any drone - especially tree branches in low light. If you press the pause button the drone will stop and hover in an instant allowing you to take manual control of the drone to avoid what happened here. .

Great tip! Thank you!
2017-12-14
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

What that deliberate? Sensors seemed to have work but pilot kept pushing his luck.
2017-12-14
Use props
ny300z
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2603478 ft
United States

looked like you were manually flying it......directly into a tree.
2017-12-14
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Here is another tip, when I fly close in where there are many obstacles, and are filming a subject I always fly by VLOS, I will position the camera angle to close to where I want it and then fly, not constantly looking at the display while recording and adjusting the camera gimbal to the +30°-90° angle as required, this just requires a quick glimpse of the video feed, but more of watching exactly where the AC is, the Mavic has a pretty good field of view. That being said most video's can be corrected in post edit, this is also why I prefer Litchi as my operating app as it offers a much more robust "verbal warning system" while flying.

Flying FPV can become disorienting as far as distance to object(s) & altitude. I've been flying FPV race quads for years and have learned the hard & expensive way (although no where near as expensive as DJI products) sorry for your crash, hope you retrieved the drone and all is well.
2017-12-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That’s also a very good tip
2017-12-14
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2017-12-14 07:51
Here is another tip, when I fly close in where there are many obstacles, and are filming a subject I always fly by VLOS, I will position the camera angle to close to where I want it and then fly, not constantly looking at the display while recording and adjusting the camera gimbal to the +30°-90° angle as required, this just requires a quick glimpse of the video feed, but more of watching exactly where the AC is, the Mavic has a pretty good field of view. That being said most video's can be corrected in post edit, this is also why I prefer Litchi as my operating app as it offers a much more robust "verbal warning system" while flying.

Flying FPV can become disorienting as far as distance to object(s) & altitude. I've been flying FPV race quads for years and have learned the hard & expensive way (although no where near as expensive as DJI products) sorry for your crash, hope you retrieved the drone and all is well.

Another good tips, thanks!

When I'm flying around (more) obstacles, I do find that I'm watching the aircraft more that I am the phone/app. For me, it gives a much wider field of view than you can get looking at the app. I might glance down to frame the shot, but then it's eyes back on the aircraft.
2017-12-14
Use props
Jay-Yang
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-14 01:24
Hey Jay, sorry to watch the crash video. Is there any damage of the drone? If you need further assistance, please contact the support from here: https://www.dji.com/support

This is in 01/17/2017
2017-12-14
Use props
Rancher
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56824 ft
United States

I take it that was a "follow" mode? Sorry that happened, but good lesson as it did not appear to hit it that hard, but then again...what do I know? right? heh

Hope all is well with it.

For those that have done similar things, how much damage and how hard to fix.. i.e. also cost?;)

Russ
2017-12-14
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Rancher Posted at 2017-12-14 13:26
I take it that was a "follow" mode? Sorry that happened, but good lesson as it did not appear to hit it that hard, but then again...what do I know? right? heh

Hope all is well with it.

Deleted Wrong Thread
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, so the drone is all working well now, right? Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. BTW, please pay attention to the flight environment, avoid any accidents if possible.
2017-12-14
Use props
Jay-Yang
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-14 23:29
Hi, so the drone is all working well now, right? Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. BTW, please pay attention to the flight environment, avoid any accidents if possible.

now is working good, thank you
2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Jay-Yang Posted at 2017-12-15 18:13
now is working good, thank you

Great. And hope you will always share your beautiful videos with us. Great day!
2017-12-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ouch!!!!!!!!!
2021-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now