Black screen in display - camera not working
22114 8 2017-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Safar.naama
New
India

Hi Support,

I got my DJI Mavic Pro about a week ago from the US, my friend got it to India for me.

The issue that I've been facing since Day 1 is that there is a blank screen on the display of my app. Initially I thought it might be because of a system update which was pending, but even after downloading the latest firmware, there's nothing that I can see on the display. The constant error it keeps showing is "Gimbal Motor Overloaded- Remove the gimbal clamp". While I've tried watching dozens of videos on YouTube trying to recalibrate the gimbal, the gimbal calibration keeps failing incessantly and doesn't move past 5%.

I've hardly taken it up in the air for a couple of minutes, and the aircraft was not involved in any physical damage from my end.  For your reference, I'm attaching a screenshot of my display.
I ordered the Mavic Pro from Amazon and there are a couple of videos and pictures already there in the library, I don't know if I should send it back to Amazon or if it's a software issue that could be fixed. It would be great if somebody could help me here.
Thanks!

My display at all times

My display at all times
2017-12-14
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

When you received the Mavic Pro initially and took it out of the box, was the gimbal clamp properly inserted?
Can I assume that you are removing the gimbal clamp before turning the Mavic on.
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi sir, just to verify, have you removed the gimbal clamp? If yes, please try to reset the camera settings, it is on the icon below the red recording button. If it doesn't help, could you please also provide me with a screenshot of the firmware info, here is the route: power on the drone, RC, app and enter device---upper right icon---general----about. Make sure the firmware is the latest version v01.04.0100.
If steps above doesn't help, we will recommend sending the drone back to DJI repair center or Amazon to help. Sorry for the inconvenience.

2017-12-14
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

when you say that there are a couple of videos and photos in the library, what do you mean. Has this Mavic been flown before you got it. Also need more information about what device you are using and what version of software and firmware you are running. It is impossible to help you with out more information.
2017-12-15
Use props
Safar.naama
New
India

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-12-14 22:06
When you received the Mavic Pro initially and took it out of the box, was the gimbal clamp properly inserted?
Can I assume that you are removing the gimbal clamp before turning the Mavic on.

The gimbal clamp was removed when I first took it out of the box, however, I found the gimbal clamp inside the box later.
And of course, I haven't used the gimbal clamp ever since.

I can't seem to understand why there's no video on my screen, I've tried resetting the settings to default and updating all the devices, but it's still not working.
2017-12-15
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Safar.naama Posted at 2017-12-15 01:28
The gimbal clamp was removed when I first took it out of the box, however, I found the gimbal clamp inside the box later.

That gimbal clamp is very important, especially in transportation as it stops the gimbal from being thrown around. When you are not using the Mavic, you should put the gimbal clamp in place to protect the gimbal.
Can you have a really good look at the gimbal, make sure it is under the tabs front and back, also gently move it around to see if it has free movement. Get a torch and inspect the ribbon to make sure there is no damage.
When you turn the Mavic on, without the gimbal clamp on, does the gimbal go through its initialisation correctly. The gimbal moves from side to side and up and down and then should point directly towards the front.
2017-12-15
Use props
Bbstanfield
lvl.1
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-12-15 21:21
That gimbal clamp is very important, especially in transportation as it stops the gimbal from being thrown around. When you are not using the Mavic, you should put the gimbal clamp in place to protect the gimbal.
Can you have a really good look at the gimbal, make sure it is under the tabs front and back, also gently move it around to see if it has free movement. Get a torch and inspect the ribbon to make sure there is no damage.
When you turn the Mavic on, without the gimbal clamp on, does the gimbal go through its initialisation correctly. The gimbal moves from side to side and up and down and then should point directly towards the front.

Hi, I just received a Mavic Pro for Christmas. It took a bit to figure out the system and it's not intuitive at all. You can't just open the box and go flying. The last issue I had mimics yours. Everything seemed to work but I had no video on my iPhone. The solution is stupid simple, but you have to know about it in the first place.

First, go into your iPhone settings. (If you don't have an iPhone I suspect you'll find similar functions.)
Second, find the DJI software application icon for the software you originally downloaded.
Third, select the > or open the application data window. That will show you the specific application settings.
Fourth, scroll down and find CAMERA.
Fifth, turn off/deselect CAMERA.

The camera they're referring to is the iPhone camera, not the Mavic camera. They're fighting each other and therefore neither work when the iPhone is connected to the controller. if you put the iPhone in the controller clamps, at least on mine, it covers the camera anyway so you'll see nothing. When it's activated in the DJI software by default, the iPhone cameras, (front and rear), appear to be disabled while installed in the controller. Remove it from the controller and the built in cameras work just fine. That gives you no clue as to what's happening as it reverts in the background.

I hope this helps as I've seen several posts with people having issues that probably stem back to the application settings and not the DJI application itself when in operation. This is buried and part of the iPhone, not part of the Mavic per se.
2017-12-27
Use props
Chad Paxton
New

United Kingdom

Safar.naama Posted at 2017-12-15 01:28

Ino this sounds really silly, but have you tried to put the camera settings back to automatic?
2021-10-27
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Almost 4 years ago! Surely resolved by now?
2021-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules