5864 5 2017-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
N.Pilz
New
Flight distance : 21913 ft
Finland

Hi,

Just got new phantom 4 and this software for phones is a CRUEL joke..

Have  managed to get in to connect my phantom now 3 times.. tried several  times.. And funniest in that pice of peep ap is that it says that rc is  connected.. Even tho my quadcopter is off and battery unplugged, same  for remote and no usb cables connected.. still that stupid software says  that rc is connected but cant open video link.

What i have read  in allover the net. most ppl suggest to unplug replug turn off turn on  everything and again and again and again.. change setting delete app..  clear caches reinstall try other usb cables. turn off mobile data turn  of wlan turn on them etc. and still its NOT WORKING.

Tried with 3 dif android phone and 2 tablets..

those 3 times that i have got it connected i have used Honor 9.

But in reallity. this all seems to be a big joke for 900€ quadcopter...
2017-12-14
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Seems like this is a common problem lately.
2017-12-14
Use props
djiuser_1fDkbMO
New
United States

Yeah, the app is pretty buggy.
They usually fix it within a day or two.
But it does feel like a hidden camera prank show.
2017-12-14
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Well, it's a new twist to hear that the RC shows the link light as connected when the craft is powered off. So you're saying that the LED is green (linked), not red (not linked)?

I'd be thinking hardware fault, but I suggest you try to re-install the controller firmware (craft powered off, controller on, start app, press the three lines at top right of the Device screen for ~5 secs, select firmware level, let it update). Then do a reset and re-link as per the following.

Reset the RC:

* Turn on the controller, the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter (top right button nearest antenna) on the controller and hold for about 2 seconds or so until it beeps (D-DDD), then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

Re-link the RC:

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button (top left button) on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
* Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller, and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen or toothpick to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then remove and wait for craft to link.
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Pilz, could you upload a compete video of your main issue and the troubleshooting you have tried? We'd like to look into the exact status.
2017-12-14
Use props
fansa203192f
New

Until recently I had no problems, but since the appearance of the new firmware virtually nothing is working any more:
1. Update of drone (Phantom 4) to V02.00.0700 (or even V02.00.0106) with DJI Assistant 2 (2.0.2) not possible. I tried many times to update, could download mostly only to somewhat 99%, but sometimes even get the notice "transferring", but finally always ALWAYS an error message, that transferring failed. Clicking on the "upload error log", it says: you need a new app to open javascript. Actually I do not know what this mean. I use Windows 10 and made sure that Internet Explorer can execute scripting.
For information: Installed firmware version seem to be V01.02.0602
2.   Update of RC. When I connect DJI Assistant 2 with the RC via USB, now device can be found. Therefore I do not know the version of the RC Firmware. But I recall, that it was updated over the android smartphone (DJI Go 4.0 APP -app version 4.3.0), which I use as monitor.
3. I cannot connect the drone and the RC, although they are linked (green light on the RC).

The system (Drone, RC) seem to be completely messed up. I tried to unlink drone and RC (to relink freshly), but that was also not successfull.
What can I do? I live in Tokyo and could send the drone and RC for maintenance. Would this be an option? If yes, what is the address?

2018-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules