Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Thinking about the Z3
1338 12 2017-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CreativeSky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the Inspire 1 V1, if I want to add the Z3 camera, what else do I need to do besides purchase the camera?
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Sir, no other accessories need to be purchased, Z3 is compatible with vibration absorbing board of Ispire 1 V1.0.
Thanks for your interest.
2017-12-14
Use props
HKIC-DRONE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 245768 ft
Denmark

You should probably take a moment to read some of the posts regarding problems making the Z3 work with I1.
A lot of users experience lag and downlink issues, and DJI are in complete denial about it!
2017-12-15
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Its your money but in my honest opinion the z3 is horribly overpriced and never really worked very good with the inspire 1. Would just stick with the x3, its a good camera....
2017-12-15
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

i picked up a slightly used Z3 for the same price as a new X3 and havent had any of the issues, so might be hit or miss? but the zoom function is pretty cool. also i would upgrade the vibration board to the bigger X5 one if your Inspire has the small X3 vibration board. only reason i say to switch is the X5 board will have less vibration over the X3 one. but you need to be sure what ever case your using can accommodate the larger X5 board as it sticks out from the body
2017-12-15
Use props
CreativeSky
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2017-12-15 06:10
i picked up a slightly used Z3 for the same price as a new X3 and havent had any of the issues, so might be hit or miss? but the zoom function is pretty cool. also i would upgrade the vibration board to the bigger X5 one if your Inspire has the small X3 vibration board. only reason i say to switch is the X5 board will have less vibration over the X3 one. but you need to be sure what ever case your using can accommodate the larger X5 board as it sticks out from the body

TruGreen, thank you for your feedback Most helpful. So as far as quality is concerned, do you see an improvement or is the only advantage the zoom? I did not ice it was still only recording at 60Mb/s. The Phantom 4 Pro is better at 100 Mb/s. I can see the difference, especially in grading.
2017-12-15
Use props
CreativeSky
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-12-15 04:32
Its your money but in my honest opinion the z3 is horribly overpriced and never really worked very good with the inspire 1. Would just stick with the x3, its a good camera....

R&L, thank you for your feedback. Yes, I did see a few posts on that as well. I am really wanting the X5 but I feel the weight will significantly reduce my air time and the image quality vs weight/air time trade off may not be worth it.

If you or anyone else in here has any experience on the X3 to X5 upgrade I would like to hear it. I do this professionally so I am looking to up my game but not if it is not significant difference. hate to think I have to go to the inspire 2 to see a big difference but then again, there are a few more advantages to that upgrade.

Many thanks,
Houston
2017-12-15
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

CreativeSky Posted at 2017-12-15 21:33
TruGreen, thank you for your feedback Most helpful. So as far as quality is concerned, do you see an improvement or is the only advantage the zoom? I did not ice it was still only recording at 60Mb/s. The Phantom 4 Pro is better at 100 Mb/s. I can see the difference, especially in grading.

really just the zoom, the Z3 is slightly larger than the X3 so small weight difference but not as much as the X5. i wouldnt mind getting a X5 but cant justify the price as i only do this as a hobby
2017-12-15
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

CreativeSky Posted at 2017-12-15 21:41
R&L, thank you for your feedback. Yes, I did see a few posts on that as well. I am really wanting the X5 but I feel the weight will significantly reduce my air time and the image quality vs weight/air time trade off may not be worth it.

If you or anyone else in here has any experience on the X3 to X5 upgrade I would like to hear it. I do this professionally so I am looking to up my game but not if it is not significant difference. hate to think I have to go to the inspire 2 to see a big difference but then again, there are a few more advantages to that upgrade.

I had the original inspire v1, I bought the x5 upgrade kit with the x5 mount and the landing gear risers. The kit is very easy to install, I also owned the inspire 1 Pro with the x5 camera and used the x5 camera on both inspire versions with great results. The inspire v1 did a great job carrying the heavier x5. With the x3 camera on both versions I would get  around 18 minutes flight time, with the x5 camera on both version I would get around 13 minutes flight time.my recommendation to you is to buy the x5 upgrade kit and the x5 camera for your inspire v1 ... you can look on eBay for a used x5, I’ve seen them go for around the same price as the z3.....
2017-12-16
Use props
CreativeSky
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-12-16 05:42
I had the original inspire v1, I bought the x5 upgrade kit with the x5 mount and the landing gear risers. The kit is very easy to install, I also owned the inspire 1 Pro with the x5 camera and used the x5 camera on both inspire versions with great results. The inspire v1 did a great job carrying the heavier x5. With the x3 camera on both versions I would get  around 18 minutes flight time, with the x5 camera on both version I would get around 13 minutes flight time.my recommendation to you is to buy the x5 upgrade kit and the x5 camera for your inspire v1 ... you can look on eBay for a used x5, I’ve seen them go for around the same price as the z3.....

R&L,

Thanks for the feedback on the X5. I will probably spring for one in the... well, Spring. I have the Phantom 4 Pro that I just purchased recently and am amazed at how good the quality is as compared to the X3 on my inspire. I am also VERY excited about how long I can keep the P4P in the air. It seems crazy long as compared to my inspire. Guess each have their purposes. Just need to figure out what that is for me.
2017-12-16
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Personally, I thought the Z3 was an excellent camera. I had one when I had an Inspire 1 and miss it bad.

I hope DJI makes a zoom for the X5S.
Here is a video I shot with the Z3 from a stationary hover from about 100 yards away. The bird did not move.
The zoom was very smooth.

2017-12-18
Use props
fans8ef2fb77
New

United Kingdom

Does anybody know if the issues regarding the z3 have been patched yet?
Looking at a second hand one at a reasonable price but worried about all the posts from 2016 where people were getting major lag, dropouts and control issues.
Thanks
Jack
2019-4-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans8ef2fb77 Posted at 4-25 03:44
Does anybody know if the issues regarding the z3 have been patched yet?
Looking at a second hand one at a reasonable price but worried about all the posts from 2016 where people were getting major lag, dropouts and control issues.
Thanks

There have been countless FW updates over the years - I have not read any Z3 issues in a long time.
2019-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules