Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Initial set up - Where do i begin!?
1433 5 2017-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MKPSG12
First Officer
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

Ok so i've been waiting 3 weeks for my Spark which has finally arrived, in that time i've watched every official/unofficial/Youtube video imaginable, i've read all of the manuals back to front and read them again.

So my story so far;

I've managed to register the drone, despite the QR code not working (this seems common).
I've calibrated the compass and IMU.

PROBLEM 1
I've tried to download DJI asistant 2 on my PC and it hasn't installed properly, whenever i try to open it i get the error message;

"The procdure entry point K32GetModuleBaseNameA could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

So that doesn't work. Can you download it on an Iphone or Android tablet?

PROBLEM 2
I've connect the Spark to my PC via the USB cable and the drivers for that didn't install correctly either so my computer can't 'see' my Spark as a drive

Also what happens if you don't have a PC??

PROBLEM 3
Gesture control doesn't work at all. The front lights are showing solid rear and the rear ones are blinking fast yellow. When i double click the power button to enter gesture mode the front lights blink red once then go back to solid red.

PROBLEM 4
Although I bought the Fly More Combo my RC wasn't linked to the AC. I have since linked it using the DJI video but it just won't connect to the AC. There is no video feed from the camera at all on my phone or any other info from the AC.

PROBLEM 5
Despite the above i did manage to get the AC to take off (indoors with prop guards on) using my mobile only (Iphone 6 running latest software). This controlled it fine but obviously less than ideal. However i've just tried to do the same and now there is the error on the display saying 'CANNOT TAKE OFF', when i tap it, it now says the batteries fireware needs to be updated?! How do you do that?

To say i'm frustrated is an understatement.

Any help for any of the above would be very much appreciated!

2017-12-14
Use props
MKPSG12
First Officer
United Kingdom

OK i seems to have resolved #5 with numerous turn-offs and turn-ons (IT classic), so managed to get the Update required screens for each battery and have done each one. This also seems to have resolved #4, weird.

I don't know if i've resolved #3 properly as i managed to get it to work in Gesture Mode by selecting it from the RC, but can't get the drone to do it automatically or to hand launch.

Don't know what i'm going to do about #1 & #2, if i need to get a flight log is there a way to do it without being able to connect to a PC?
2017-12-14
Use props
Brambleman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20627 ft
United States

Howdy! I had the exact same thing happen to me with gesture mode. I tried several things like improving the amount of light in the room at the same time, so I cannot say for sure that this resolved it. But when I turned off "Beginner Mode" (under the ... Main Controller Settings menu) while the app via phone is connected to the Spark, I was then able to do palm launch without the phone connected. Also make sure that "Enable Advanced Gesture Control" (under the ... Visual Navigation Settings menu) is turned on.
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, firstly, DJI Assistant 2 is only available in PC, instead of tablet. What's the PC's operating system? You can try to delete the all related files and reinstall to check again.
Secondly, make sure you have powered on the aircraft when connected with PC.
Thirdly, please Enable Advanced Gesture Control in APP, then check again.
Finally, glad to know you have figured out the 4th and 5th questions. I'd suggest to test the performance in the outdoor with good GPS signal to verify.
2017-12-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi welcome to the beginning.
If you’ve got to problem 3 then 1&2 must be sorted.i have never used PC to download firmware on any of my drones it works just fine on using the app.

Gesture control can be tricky at first, but persevere, you need good light preferably wear bright clothes it’s something akin to a knack getting started and when you find the best way that works for you you will be up and running.

Updating firmware on batteries, you just need to start up Aircraft go into app it will prompt you it needs firmware so follow prompt app is all that’s needed, when finished repeat for all other batteries..

Just looking at you questions again you seem to have most solved.

One thing is you said you calibrated compass an IMU, why? It clearly tells you in your manual NOT to calibrate , most crashes here start with the opening line, I just calibrated my compass etc etc.

I wish you luck with your new craft and if you need help there are plenty of guys/gals around here who will help you.

2017-12-17
Use props
MKPSG12
First Officer
United Kingdom

Thanks all for taking the time to respond.

Unfortunately #1 and #2 are still a problem*, and i think #2 is caused by #1. My PC (well laptop) is pretty old and runs on Windows XP, i'm not sure if thats supports the DJI stuff or not? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling 4 times now and it just never works. Hopefully i'll not need DJI Assistant until i get a new laptop!

*I downloaded all of the updates onto my phone and then transferred them across to the various components

The weather has been pretty miserable since i got the Spark so haven't had much of a chance to fly it but this week looks a lot more promising, fingers crossed i'll get Gesture Control working properly this week
2017-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules