1533 18 2017-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skyris
First Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Another early thread for this but thought it would be good if we all put down what we want in the next camera and hopfully the engineers listen...

1. Full frame sensor would be great, looks like dji have already made space for it in the x7 and 3 of the lenses are full frame capable.

2. Portrait mode, I am hoping dji listen to some of the still shooters out there, we need a great still shooting machine from the air, portrait mode would be great for panoramics.. I am guessing that the ff sensor will go straight in the x7 gimbal so the portrait mode might not happen.

3. wider lenses or zoom if possible. 24mm is a good wide but some clients ask for 16mm to get that wide dramatic architecture shot.

please add more, I will I just wanted to get this ball rolling.....
2017-12-14
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Can be used on a handheld-device (Osmo) and not tied to the drone directly.

Portrait would be nice and no reason the gimbal couldn't turn 90 degrees.

A flash sync for those who want ground-based studio flash lighting.

A Tint control that adjusts for Manual White Balance to get rid of the magenta tint and not fly with color correction filters and gels.

Allow for lenses that are not chipped to the camera, i.e. full manual lenses as with the Laowa 7.5mm on the X5S.

Maybe accept the Sony lens mount system for their mirrorless so a broader range of lenses would work, and cheaper too.  Current DJI mount is too limited and a locked system.

System is too expensive being tied together as a component system where nothing is usable if one item goes down.  Lens used on another manufacturer's body if drone fails, etc.
2017-12-14
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-12-14 15:26
Can be used on a handheld-device (Osmo) and not tied to the drone directly.

Portrait would be nice and no reason the gimbal couldn't turn 90 degrees.

I think Dji are at the point now where you will only be able to uses the DL mount, 3 of the new lenses are full frame ready and they will pump out more and prob even more $$'s when build faster lenses.
I think they have realised that the drones are going to get to a point where no one will need to upgrade,  but camera systems will always need upgrading.
Phantom 5 sounds like it's at a point where it will be using dl lenses (smaller ones obviously)

I would be happy with 16mm, 24mm and 30mm equivalent lenses... would be great if the new full frame would have this OLPF filter removed so the images would be crisp before sharpening...
2017-12-14
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1303780 ft
Germany

"and hopfully the engineers listen..." -> the engineers or... the managers!
2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, guys. Thanks for all the feedback and suggestion. It will be forwarded to our engineers. More suggestion is recommended.
2017-12-17
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

How about a 20mp version of the Z3 for the X5S.
The Z3 was great and both of the zoom lenses suggested for the X5S SUCK!!!!
2017-12-18
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-12-18 19:04
How about a 20mp version of the Z3 for the X5S.
The Z3 was great and both of the zoom lenses suggested for the X5S SUCK!!!!

I agree both zooms werent great
2017-12-18
Use props
Alex Dawson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1787395 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi, great suggestions guys!

I would like to se better FPS in the lower resolution modes. At least 240 FPS in HD or full HD would be a very appreciated feature.
Tint is a great thing for manual white balance
Portrait mode is missing for stills and video for instagram stories etc.
Wider vocals would be appreciated.
Maybe a slightly brighter lens around 35-50mm for evening/night shots.
X7/X5s Cosmo like product.
Rec-2020 BT.2020

kind regards // Alex

2017-12-25
Use props
Zane Isaac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8712549 ft
  • >>>
United States

What are you guys failed to realize about portrait mode is how it is achieved on the Mavic they actually turn the camera in the gimbal. If you simply turn one axis then two of the motors are lined up on the same axis there by you lose one axis of stabilization in portrait mode
2017-12-26
Use props
Zane Isaac
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I think adding a mechanical portrait mode is a needless expense when you could simply take three or four pictures in vertical  line
2017-12-26
Use props
Zane Isaac
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Here’s a fun one if we are adding needless expense...  A zoom lens is too obvious,  what about a mechanical tilt shift lens.  That would be very interesting.
2017-12-26
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

Zane Isaac Posted at 2017-12-26 11:33
Here’s a fun one if we are adding needless expense...  A zoom lens is too obvious,  what about a mechanical tilt shift lens.  That would be very interesting.

Someone made one.  Found it:  Tilt shift lens for X5 camera.
2017-12-26
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

Zane Isaac Posted at 2017-12-26 11:26
I think adding a mechanical portrait mode is a needless expense when you could simply take three or four pictures in vertical  line

Portrait works better when taking panoramics where you get some additional height to the photo from the sensor being vertical while panning.
2017-12-26
Use props
DarKSpirit
lvl.2
Australia

I'm really hoping for some kind of handheld rig for the x5s/x7 cameras which will allow the use of crystalsky monitor, cinessd + dji focus. Really wanting to have a handheld option as holding the inspire 2 as a ground based gimbal really isn't the best option. (I already own the ronin 2, but a lightweight option which uses the DL lenses would be very welcomed)
2017-12-28
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

We need more control over the bracketing
2017-12-28
Use props
ro-copter.de
lvl.2
Flight distance : 220633 ft
  • >>>
Germany

4k 60fps without increased crop factor.
2018-2-1
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

ro-copter.de Posted at 2018-2-1 01:34
4k 60fps without increased crop factor.

That would be good.
2018-2-1
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
United States

Sounds like you all really need to consider moving up to the M600 and a Ronin.
2018-2-1
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I have a S900 with HD Air MR Infinity Gimbal along with Sony A7R2.. It's a good setup but it is impossible to use in the city, to large and noisy. I think what everyone is asking here is completely fine, we need to talk to DJI and let them know our opinions and requests as aerial photographers.
Full frame will be next which will make almost all large drones obsolete.  
2018-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules