Multiple Update Failures...Inspire2/X5S and Crystal Sky
1543 13 2017-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
raven4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

I've attempted to update the firmware for my Inspire2/X5s and Cendence/Crystalsky, with failures on both firmwares.First, I get an update notice for the Crystal sky V02.04.06.00. When I attempt to download the firmware update, it consistently fails at 30% of the d/l with the error message "Update Package Broken".

Second, I have attempted to update the Inspire/X5s with the latest aircraft firmware 01.01.0300. I attempted to update via an iPad Mini4 running GO4. After a successful download, the firmware update consistently fails at 77%, it appears to be the camera firmware that fails at 18%. I've attempted to re-download and re-install multiple times, with the same failure.

What's up with this DJI??

2017-12-14
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 914711 ft
United States

I get the same error at 30% when trying to update my CS    Did a full factory reset and still same issue.   
2017-12-14
Use props
fans4d330e5f
lvl.1
United States

You all got farther than I did  Mine failed at 27%
2017-12-14
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to hear this news, I am sure you need a strong interest connection to pull this FW update off.  I wonder if you use Assistant 2 software directly..... would this be better?  I have not updated yet.

Rich
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, Raven, we sincerely apologize for the trouble that has been caused during firmware updating.
For Inspire 2, could you please help us to export the log in DJI Assistant 2 for further analysis?
The log is stored in:
For Assistant 2( Windows ): C:/Users/XXXXXXXX/AppData/Romaing/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
For Assisstant 2(MAC):~/Library/Application Support/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
Thank you so much for the cooperation.

As for CrystalSky, we have forwarded the issue to our engineers to look into, I will keep you updated if there is any feedback, thank you.
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MadFrenchie Posted at 2017-12-14 17:42
I get the same error at 30% when trying to update my CS    Did a full factory reset and still same issue.    [view_image]

Hello Sir, we have transferred the issue to our engineers for attention, we are so sorry for the inconvenience caused, I will keep you updated soon. Thanks for the patience.
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MadFrenchie Posted at 2017-12-14 17:42
I get the same error at 30% when trying to update my CS    Did a full factory reset and still same issue.    [view_image]

Hi Sir, we sincerely apologize for the trouble and inconvenience that have been caused, there was a server glitch and we have get it fixed now, please try to update again.
Please let me know if there is any further problem, thank you.
2017-12-15
Use props
raven4
Second Officer
United States

Hi Mindy, thanx for your reply. After the install failure, DJI Assistant2(yes, I tried that, too) asked if I wanted to forward a failure log to DJI. I followed up with "yes", and Assistant 2 confirmed that the log was sent to DJI.
I have retried to update my Crystalsky and was successful. That issue is resolved, thank you.
2017-12-15
Use props
raven4
Second Officer
United States

raven4 Posted at 2017-12-15 04:58
Hi Mindy, thanx for your reply. After the install failure, DJI Assistant2(yes, I tried that, too) asked if I wanted to forward a failure log to DJI. I followed up with "yes", and Assistant 2 confirmed that the log was sent to DJI.
I have retried to update my Crystalsky and was successful. That issue is resolved, thank you.

I tried to upload the log you requested, however, it would not upload. I have put the file in DROPBOX. You may retrieve it from this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9u15f ... 31_upgrade.log?dl=0

2017-12-15
Use props
Papaxiclas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5455981 ft
Portugal

I am in the same situation!!
2017-12-15
Use props
raven4
Second Officer
United States

YAY!!!  I was, finally, able to successfully update my a/c firmware. There are a number of steps I changed to be successful...
1-Make sure R/C is turned on and connected.
2-Connect iPad Mini4 to A/C
3-Make sure all legacy(previous) display devices with GO4 App are powered OFF...cellphone, other iPads, CrystalSky, etc.
4-Start Firmware update.

I think, the significant difference is that I left the R/C turned on and connected to the Inspire 2 during the update process.
2017-12-15
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having issues myself with the exact same gear as you have only I don't get a fail notice, I receive notice that I need to upgrade after I already did. I am going to try and sort things out to narrow down the culprit. Crystal Sky or the Cendence. I am leaning toward the Crystal Sky at this point.
2017-12-16
Use props
raven4
Second Officer
United States

"...Crystal Sky or the Cendence. I am leaning toward the Crystal Sky at this point"

I hear ya.
2017-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

raven4 Posted at 2017-12-15 14:49
YAY!!!  I was, finally, able to successfully update my a/c firmware. There are a number of steps I changed to be successful...
1-Make sure R/C is turned on and connected.
2-Connect iPad Mini4 to A/C

Wow, Raven, you are amazing to figure it out by yourself. Thanks for sharing this to us, I guess it's a good point to help other customers who have the same problem, thank you again.
2017-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules