Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
So about these stress cracks
729 5 2017-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rhino9872
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5912037 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’ve done a little research and all I can find about these is I need to send it to dji and maybe I’ll get it repaired for free or maybe they'll keep it for ransom until I pay the fee for them looking at it.   I just want to know if I can use some type of super glue for plastic or if this is something that has to be fixed properly.

I understand that fixing it properly is better but I don’t want to send it off and I really don’t want to pay someone to fix it. So does anybody know or anybody
had any luck glueing it?
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Rhino, when and where did you purchase the drone? If it is still in warranty period, I'd suggest to send it in for fully diagnosis and repair: https://www.dji.com/support
2017-12-14
Use props
sSkyPilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Hmmm... I had the seem issue. I sent it back... Fast service... like 2 weeks.... She was only months old. The new AC and RC I got back is stronger than I hoped for. About the super glue... don't do it... send it in. The glue could seep places and freeze the motor, or connection. The 3d party guards arn't the answer either....  Just slow down your flying... no fast accelleration or decellerations. Cheers.
2017-12-14
Use props
Rhino9872
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5912037 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the advice sky pilot!

Susan, I would like to send it in but if for some crazy reason they think it’s my fault then they will charge me a fee for looking at it right?
I’m not really in any position to spend money on it.  
I bought it at Best Buy in February 2017.
2017-12-14
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Cracks are common, because of  bad, brittle plastic.  IT's not your fault.
2017-12-15
Use props
rubyduby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 228776 ft
United States

These are a perfect fix!!! Bought new shell reinforced inside mounts with epoxy for stronger shell then purchased these corner mounts to prevent cracks and so far no cracks !
2598B81D-6E28-416E-B5A8-74FAEF305FFD.png
2018-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules