Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic vs P3A
848 4 2017-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft
United States

I have a P3A and love it.  I have flown 185 flights in 1.5 years using mostly the Litchi App.  I have crashed twice – both “user error” and both resulted in no permanent damage.  I am so impressed with this flying camera.

COSTCO now has the Mavic on sale for $900!  If I were to get one, would it be an upgrade or a parallel move? Can the Mavic run on Litchi?  

Any thoughts would be appreciated.  

2017-12-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Complete upgrade in tech, camera and design! That said, the P3A is a very capable quad. And yes, you can operate the Mavic using litchi. DJI have a sale and you can buy the fly more combo on their on line store for not much more the Costco seem to be charging for the basic bundle - check it out!
2017-12-14
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-14 16:41
The P3A is still an excellent bird, especially for Litchi missions.  I would consider the Mavic a nice upgrade.  More portable, same or better battery life, 4K camera vs 2.7K, obstacle avoidance,  much better RC range with OccuSync,  option to use the DJI Goggles, more flight modes, much more portable.  If you get one keep the P3A so you always have a backup bird on hand.  The Mavic works great with Litchi Too!

https://youtu.be/x16lXV71mvI

That is an amazing video!  you are one talented and gutsy flyer.  To be so low and near buildings!  It appeard that you always were going almost the same speed.  Near the end, that chimney was SO CLOSE.  I am still a total chicken, always flying way high.  Thanks for your comments and sharing that video.  
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Bob, I agree with 3# and would suggest to consider Mavic as the next upgrade. Currently, the Mavic has participated in Winter Holiday Sale, please visit here: https://store.dji.com/event/wint ... ji_store_top_banner
2017-12-14
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
United States

That was mesmerizing!  Thank you for sharing it. Flying so close and low have you ever goofed up and bashed into something?  Your work is just amazing.  
2017-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules