First attempt at a Sunset Panorama with the Spark
1318 11 2017-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cannabenoid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97274 ft
United States

Hello all! First post on the forum, and first attempt at an quick-edit panorama. I am on a Mac, so stiched the photos with Hugin, but am wondering if there's a better option? Edited in Photoshop CC to remove a few abberations caused by wind and added image correction layers.

What are your preferred settings for sunset shots (Still or video)?

Sunset 180 Panorama - Broomfield, CO - Cannabenoid

Sunset 180 Panorama - Broomfield, CO - Cannabenoid
2017-12-14
Use props
Chirpz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20256 ft
United States

It is hard to get a nice balance in lighting on a sunset.  I have been experimenting increasing the exposure setting .7 to 1 stop.  Also, why not just use the built in photo stitching ability of the DJI 4 go app.
2017-12-14
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use a combination of Adobe Lightroom to merge HDR shots and Autogiga pano for smooth stitching and blending.
Get the spark in place and lock the exposure for the sky (press and hold on the sky) let it get the shots. Dont move the spark, just point the camera straight down and lock exposure for the ground then hit the shutter button and let it grab another pano, then if you really want you could grab another with an exposure inbetween the two. Get these into lightroom and HDR Merge the shots. Export the merged HDR shots and stitch in autopano.
2017-12-15
Use props
cannabenoid
lvl.2
United States

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-12-15 07:33
I use a combination of Adobe Lightroom to merge HDR shots and Autogiga pano for smooth stitching and blending.
Get the spark in place and lock the exposure for the sky (press and hold on the sky) let it get the shots. Dont move the spark, just point the camera straight down and lock exposure for the ground then hit the shutter button and let it grab another pano, then if you really want you could grab another with an exposure inbetween the two. Get these into lightroom and HDR Merge the shots. Export the merged HDR shots and stitch in autopano.

Thank you for the thorough explanation. I haven't tried exposure bracketing with a pano yet o the spark. Didn't know if it would be stable enough to accomplish that. As @chirpz mentioned, I'm not stitching using the DJI Go 4 app either. Something in me says trust software for it's main purposes, aka DJI to fly the Drone, and Photoshop (or similar photo-targeted software) to edit. Is there a reason you don't edit in the DJI Go app?
2017-12-15
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cannabenoid Posted at 2017-12-15 07:40
Thank you for the thorough explanation. I haven't tried exposure bracketing with a pano yet o the spark. Didn't know if it would be stable enough to accomplish that. As @chirpz mentioned, I'm not stitching using the DJI Go 4 app either. Something in me says trust software for it's main purposes, aka DJI to fly the Drone, and Photoshop (or similar photo-targeted software) to edit. Is there a reason you don't edit in the DJI Go app?

it sure is ;)

I have done some quick ones in the DJI go app, save the full pano and open it in Theta+ (free) export as a little planet. All on my phone. Im trying to figure a mobile way of doing a HDR variant.
2017-12-15
Use props
cannabenoid
lvl.2
United States

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-12-15 07:46
it sure is ;)
https://forum22.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/201712/11/091124qnggbbq2ndrs5sg6.jpg[/img]
I have done some quick ones in the DJI go app, save the full pano and open it in Theta+ (free) export as a little planet. All on my phone. Im trying to figure a mobile way of doing a HDR variant.

Gorgeous shot. Must try.
2017-12-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks nice
2017-12-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

it sure is ;)
https://forum22.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/201712/11/091124qnggbbq2ndrs5sg6.jpg[/img]
I have done some quick ones in the DJI go app, save the full pano and open it in Theta+ (free) export as a little planet. All on my phone. Im trying to figure a mobile way of doing a HDR variant.

That is really great!
2017-12-15
Use props
Brambleman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20627 ft
United States

Wow, that little planet is stunning. I actually like the over exposed horizon, it almost gives the planet a fiery "atmosphere"
2017-12-15
Use props
Rickyber
lvl.4
Flight distance : 403488 ft
United States

it sure is ;)

Very cool !!!! Keep up the creativity.
2017-12-15
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brambleman Posted at 2017-12-15 15:16
Wow, that little planet is stunning. I actually like the over exposed horizon, it almost gives the planet a fiery "atmosphere"

Thanks guys, that's what the skyline looked like.
2017-12-16
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool, Thanks for sharing!
2019-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules