Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
TroublesShooting Section must be added to the Support Page
1379 7 2017-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
web_parrot
Captain
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

By now there should be something sponsored by DJI in the Support Section of their Web pages.  [ this has also been posted on the MavicPilots Forum ]

As a new owner I spent hours reading the manual, dozens of hours on both the DJI Forum and MavicPilots.com, and similar amounts of time searching out and watching credible videos  (As a retiree I have the luxury of that kind of time, but I’m sure not everyone wants to go through all that just to enjoy a hobby BEFORE starting the hobby!)

Anyhow, I found it extremely frustrating wading through the endless (and many times pointless comments and questions).  I acknowledge that this is a complex device/machine/hobby/toy.

There is a lot of very VERY credible information, most of it provided by customers  ( DJI likes “users” but we’re really customers, first).  So much could be resolved if DJI would invest in a well designed hierarchical Trouble Shooting database.

I’ll use Sony cameras as an good example of how it could work.  (I’m sure you’ve all seen similar approaches).  When you enter the trouble shooting section you respond to a dropdown menu hierarchy.  What Camera, What Model, What Firmware (with prompts how to find it), date of purchase, ….

So many of the followup up questions I see could be handled the same way, narrowing the issue…getting to the issue specifics.  

Using a hierarchy such as this…

Serial Numbers (gives model, month, and year of manufacture)
Date of Purchase,
AC Firmware,
RC Firmware,
phone/tablet/screen model,
Operating System,
DJI Go Version,
Area of concern  ( Flight, SetUP, Repair, Warranty Process )
Chat option

Finally an option to detail a written description for Case review

With that hierarchy and the thousands of questions already resolved ( or pending ) a focused set of FAQ or problem pointers could be resolved.  

At a minimum  DJI should include a section where Forum members could list the key components in their profiles as a way of cutting down on the number of followup clarifications in the threads.  Simply including Firm/Software versions, interface devices, operating system and Go 4 versions would be a real starter.
2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Parrot, you have a good idea for it, I really appreciate your suggestion. In fact, DJI has its own troubleshoot and product support on the official website, we will list the common issues that our users might encounter, users can take the very first step for troubleshooting the issue, there are also some official tutorials below the FAQ list. Other than this, online support link is also on the bottom of the page. If there is a need, please visit here: https://www.dji.com/support/product/mavic
The hierarchy that you posted is also a good idea, will forward it to the designated team. Thank you for bringing us the attention.
2017-12-15
Use props
web_parrot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-15 20:34
Hi Parrot, you have a good idea for it, I really appreciate your suggestion. In fact, DJI has its own troubleshoot and product support on the official website, we will list the common issues that our users might encounter, users can take the very first step for troubleshooting the issue, there are also some official tutorials below the FAQ list. Other than this, online support link is also on the bottom of the page. If there is a need, please visit here: https://www.dji.com/support/product/mavic
The hierarchy that you posted is also a good idea, will forward it to the designated team. Thank you for bringing us the attention.

Hi Thor,
Thanks for the reply.  I felt this was the best way to "submit" a suggestion.
FWIW, I have read through the FAQ section of support and found that many of the answers were restatements of items in the manuals.  While there's nothing wrong with that (very common on support sites) I think that broadening the knowledge base is very possible, given the maturity of your products.  If you wander around the Apple website, for instance, you can get WAY deep into some very techincal issues that will never show up in a manual.  And the company does a great job (separate from the user community) in answering questions.  Your aircraft are very complex devices and the customers deserve thoughful "official" replys without having to wade through some of the guessing that takes place in a forum.  ( not that some guessing doesn't have it's place! )
Anyhow, thanks for passing along my suggestions.
s2
2017-12-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

web_parrot Posted at 2017-12-16 13:43
Hi Thor,
Thanks for the reply.  I felt this was the best way to "submit" a suggestion.
FWIW, I have read through the FAQ section of support and found that many of the answers were restatements of items in the manuals.  While there's nothing wrong with that (very common on support sites) I think that broadening the knowledge base is very possible, given the maturity of your products.  If you wander around the Apple website, for instance, you can get WAY deep into some very techincal issues that will never show up in a manual.  And the company does a great job (separate from the user community) in answering questions.  Your aircraft are very complex devices and the customers deserve thoughful "official" replys without having to wade through some of the guessing that takes place in a forum.  ( not that some guessing doesn't have it's place! )

We appreciate your valued feedback. Hopefully, there will be a better support troubleshoot system on the website in the future. Thank you again for your suggestion.
2017-12-17
Use props
web_parrot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-17 21:16
We appreciate your valued feedback. Hopefully, there will be a better support troubleshoot system on the website in the future. Thank you again for your suggestion.

I hope I never have to troubleshoot :-)
(gotta keep that positive ATTItude!)
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

web_parrot Posted at 2017-12-18 05:54
I hope I never have to troubleshoot :-)
(gotta keep that positive ATTItude!)

Haha, I hope so. Wish you all perfect flights and happy time. Of course, they are on the base of safety, so take good care of the drone, pay attention to the control and environment. Have a nice day!
2017-12-18
Use props
Easy Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 41414 ft
United States

nicely done - thanks for sharing.
2018-11-2
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Easy Ed Posted at 11-2 17:03
nicely done - thanks for sharing.

Your welcome :-)
It's been nearly a year since I took the time to post the idea(s) and none have been address (that I could find!).  Your comment will (hopefully) cause this to rise to the top of the list!
2018-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules