Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Loss of Functionality with latest Cendence Update
1807 14 2017-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
raven4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

I just successfully updated my Cendence firmware to v02.04.06.00. With the prior firmware, I was able to select GIMBAL YAW CENTER and center both the yaw and the elevation of the gimbal. With this latest update, it defaults to only centering the yaw(azimuth) but not the elevation. Is there a way to select both yaw and elevation centering with this firmware?
2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Raven, to be precise, Gimbal Yaw Center could only center the Yaw axis, I guess it is not possible to center the pitch axis, but I will transfer your request anyway, thank you for understanding.
2017-12-17
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi, I have a few issues as well with my Cendence.
- Lost the YAW functionality. The gimbal does not respond to the dial anymore. I can still manually rotate it on the screen, but the Cendence stopped working.
- The manual focus dial stops working after a few tenth of a second.
- The display shows m/s for speed, despite having chosen km/h
- The Inspire2 slowed down in P mode substantially (Looks like 1/2 speed compared to before)
- The Cendence came with a mulfuntioning Patch Antenna which was sent in to be replaced. Unfortunately has not come back yet.

Since it seems that the remote has lots and lots of issues, should I just send the entire unit in for repair / substitution?
Any suggestions on the reduced speed of the Inspire? Is it due to the Cendence?

Thanks!
2017-12-17
Use props
fans37898345
lvl.2
United States

Elektrica Posted at 2017-12-17 14:49
Hi, I have a few issues as well with my Cendence.
- Lost the YAW functionality. The gimbal does not respond to the dial anymore. I can still manually rotate it on the screen, but the Cendence stopped working.
- The manual focus dial stops working after a few tenth of a second.

Could the Pitch/Roll gain/expo slider on the right side back have that effect on top speed possibly? Unfortunately, I haven't been able to spend more than a couple flights so far because there has been some issue or another each time.
2018-1-3
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

fans37898345 Posted at 2018-1-3 13:10
Could the Pitch/Roll gain/expo slider on the right side back have that effect on top speed possibly? Unfortunately, I haven't been able to spend more than a couple flights so far because there has been some issue or another each time.

Possibly, I am sending it back anyway, as the patch antenna is not working and I think it might be the can bus
2018-1-3
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Elektrica Posted at 2018-1-3 13:32
Possibly, I am sending it back anyway, as the patch antenna is not working and I think it might be the can bus

I'm interested to know if the patch antenna worked before the firmware update?
2018-1-4
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2018-1-4 02:00

Never tried it before
2018-1-4
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have not applied the Cendence Patch as of yet.  But I can say that I wasn't overly impressed with the patch antenna.
2018-1-9
Use props
fans37898345
lvl.2
United States

I have determined that my patch antenna does not work well either.  My initial flight was short due to other problems but I noticed loss of signal at close distances.  My second flight confirmed complete loss of signal within 1000 ft. For my 3rd flight, I disconnected the patch antenna and installed the included standards and no issues at 2500 ft.  
2018-1-11
Use props
fansf082fb8d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10764058 ft
  • >>>
South Korea

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2018-1-4 02:00

Yeah... I have sent my I2 5.5km with Cendence + patch antenna before firmware update, but after firmware update, it sucks... less than 1~1.5km, continuously video disconnected.
2018-1-18
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansf082fb8d Posted at 2018-1-18 22:41
Yeah... I have sent my I2 5.5km with Cendence + patch antenna before firmware update, but after firmware update, it sucks... less than 1~1.5km, continuously video disconnected.

Are you having these problems without the patch antenna connected?
2018-1-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans37898345 Posted at 2018-1-11 00:40
I have determined that my patch antenna does not work well either.  My initial flight was short due to other problems but I noticed loss of signal at close distances.  My second flight confirmed complete loss of signal within 1000 ft. For my 3rd flight, I disconnected the patch antenna and installed the included standards and no issues at 2500 ft.

We sincerely apologize for the trouble caused, we recommended removing the Patch Antenna and send it back to DJI for testing and repair.
If you do not have time to send it in, the new firmware will be released very soon, you can try to update when it is released to see if the issue persists, we are so sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-1-19
Use props
fansf082fb8d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10764058 ft
  • >>>
South Korea

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2018-1-18 22:45
Are you having these problems without the patch antenna connected?

nope, I can fly my I2 about 4.5km(the highest altitude of 230m) with orignal rabbit ears antenna right now. Only patch antemma makes me trouble.
2018-1-19
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansf082fb8d Posted at 2018-1-19 06:29
nope, I can fly my I2 about 4.5km(the highest altitude of 230m) with orignal rabbit ears antenna right now. Only patch antemma makes me trouble.

Thank you for getting back to me on this!
2018-1-20
Use props
cockpitmada
lvl.3
Flight distance : 299898 ft
  • >>>
Madagascar

hi everybody,
please, could someone tell me what is the Cendence latest firmware version ?
mine is v02.00.0045 (bought from dji web with free patch antenna)
i'm unable to make firmware update, via dji 4 go (CrystalSky, iOS on iPad pro) as there is no red bar at the top of the screen that reads “Update Firmware”.
unable as well via dji assistant when plugging via micro USB as stated on the user manual.
thanks in advance for your help.
2018-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules