DJI OR AMAZON
9860 21 2015-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stac57
lvl.2

Canada

Going to put my order in for my phantom 3, but not sure if there is a plus side from ordering from DJI, or stick to what I know and order from Amazon?
any suggestions?

2015-4-16
Use props
Dmurph24
lvl.2
Flight distance : 567293 ft
United States

Amazon is excellent with customer service. Go with them. I always buy quads from them. Actually, I just returned my used Phantom 2 Vision + (2 weeks old) for a full refund after the Phantom 3 came out.
2015-4-16
Use props
stac57
lvl.2

Canada

Dmurph24 Posted at 2015-4-17 03:37
Amazon is excellent with customer service. Go with them. I always buy quads from them. Actually, I j ...

That's great thanks
2015-4-16
Use props
aelwyn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74409 ft
United States

I preordered from Amazon. I just wish they'd update their shipping estimate. LOL
2015-4-16
Use props
kpresley84
lvl.2
United States

Amazon, they won't give you any hassles...
2015-4-16
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

What if I order from DJI ON Amazon? Make any difference?
2015-4-16
Use props
Nick Padova
New

United States

Dmurph24 Posted at 2015-4-17 03:37
Amazon is excellent with customer service. Go with them. I always buy quads from them. Actually, I j ...

Wow, and against DJI's one week return policy this is insane. I can't believe I actually just read this, because I bought it from DJI directly so that I could have the best warranty, but now I regret it. Oh well, you live and learn from stuff like this!
2015-4-16
Use props
Dmurph24
lvl.2
United States

Michael M Posted at 2015-4-17 05:50
What if I order from DJI ON Amazon? Make any difference?

It does actually make a difference. If you look at the "seller" of the item it is their return policy that matters. However, if you buy from amazon as the seller their return policy is 1 month.
2015-4-17
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you order from Amazon, make sure the Phantom is being sold by a DJI dealer. For example, UAV-Outlet is a reputable DJI dealer in the US:

Phantom 3 Advanced:
http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phanto ... Id=3L4QQCGQZSWSBAIU

Phantom 3 Pro:
http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phanto ... Id=TJKR54XXHIIAWI7F

Here are some benefits of buying on Amazon:

- Awesome customer service
- Easy returns (if needed)
- They offer financing that can spread out the total cost over 12 months

Also, when you buy from a DJI dealer, you'll have someone to go to after the sale if you need help. DJI will of course be there to help you too, but DJI dealers are often easier to contact since they don't have as many customers as DJI.
2015-4-17
Use props
Dmurph24
lvl.2
United States

mike@singerscre Posted at 2015-4-17 20:11
If you order from Amazon, make sure the Phantom is being sold by a DJI dealer. For example, UAV-Outl ...

Keep in mind that returns are as easy as the sellers policy.
2015-4-17
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dmurph24, correct.

Right now, no Phantom orders are being fulfilled by Amazon. So, you'll be receiving them directly from the DJI dealer. That's a plus currently though because it means you'll get your Phantom sooner -- since it does not have to be shipped to Amazon's warehouse first. After Phantoms start getting stocked in Amazon's warehouse, then it's a no-brainer to buy one that is fulfilled by Amazon.
2015-4-17
Use props
skifiend
New

United States

I am debating if Amazon's superior customer service and 30-day return window outweighs the additional $80 in sales tax I have to pay to them.
2015-4-17
Use props
Dmurph24
lvl.2
United States

skifiend Posted at 2015-4-17 23:01
I am debating if Amazon's superior customer service and 30-day return window outweighs the additiona ...

No sales tax where I live with Amazon!
2015-4-17
Use props
capkodak
lvl.1

United States

Definitely Amazon. I cancelled my pre-order with DJI to switch to Amazon. DJI has horrible customer service and they don't care. Also, i was able to finance it for 12 months through amazon store card and they gave me $30 off the purchase of trying the card and prime 2 day shipping. Just for peace of mind, I also got the 3-Year Camera/Camcorder Accident Protection Plan. 100% replacement. Customer service is so nice on Amazon, the guy put me on priority for one day shipping for free. So DEFINITELY AMAZON!!!
2015-4-17
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Canada

Wow so that's depressing. Amazon.com has the p3 advanced but they dont ship to canada. Amazon.ca has squat.  Guess I have to order from dji unless anyone bas suggestions....

On amazon, accidentle drops and spills protection, what exactly does it cover? Drone crashes or just the camera?
2015-4-17
Use props
capkodak
lvl.1

United States

Michael M Posted at 2015-4-18 00:12
Wow so that's depressing. Amazon.com has the p3 advanced but they dont ship to canada. Amazon.ca has ...

Read for yourself @ Michael M

A review from a customer who actually used the service.

Most Helpful Customer Reviews
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful

Great deal - covered my DJI phantom vision 2+
By cma on July 31, 2014
awesome!
When the offer to buy the crash protection for a quad copter showed up a check out, I kind of chuckled...... 3 year crash protection for $70. I figured it would be worth a shot. So, I bought this a the same time that I bought the DJI Phantom vision 2+ with integrated camera.
Two weeks later, I crashed the Phantom (not my fault of course) and broke the camera in two pieces and tore the ribbon cable between the camera and the gimbal.

I filed a claim with Smart Guard and after about 2 weeks I received a check for the full purchase amount (over $1,300.00).
The whole process was easy and pleasant. I kept expecting them to try to throw road blocks in my way, but that never happened.
__
I liked it so much, I bought a NEW plan when I bought my replacement Phantom V2+
2015-4-17
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Canada

capkodak Posted at 2015-4-18 00:24

Holy crap!! Im so going for Amazon but i live in frikin canada! Why cant they ship to canada !? (Crying)
2015-4-17
Use props
stac57
lvl.2

Canada

Michael M Posted at 2015-4-18 00:12
Wow so that's depressing. Amazon.com has the p3 advanced but they dont ship to canada. Amazon.ca has ...

amazon,ca has them
http://www.amazon.ca/DJI-CP-PT-0 ... keywords=pahantom+3

I leave in Canada, but next to the border so I just have it shipped to a location in the USA and driver over and get it
2015-4-17
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Canada

stac57 Posted at 2015-4-18 03:26
amazon,ca has them
http://www.amazon.ca/DJI-CP-PT-000160-Phantom-3-Professional/dp/B00VSIT5UE/ref= ...

Thats the proffesional version and its more expensive. Im looking for the advanced. Its also doesnt offer drop and spill protection. And if you live nezrt to the border and ship to us then everytime tou have an issue or you want to file a claim you will have to ship it from the border
2015-4-17
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

capkodak Posted at 2015-4-18 00:24

I just called Smart Guard (The company who offers the warranty on Amazon during checkout). I was told that they stopped offering the warranty for drones on September 21st of 2014. If you purchase the warranty during checkout and you damage your drone, all they will do is refund you the cost of the warranty that you paid for.

They said that they have tried to get Amazon to stop showing their warranty on checkout, but apparently Amazon says they don't have a way of doing that. That is why you still see it even though it is useless.

So based on that, the benefits of going with Amazon are:
Better customer service
30 day return policy (As opposed to 7 day from DJI)
Financing (interest free) if using the Amazon store card.

There may be more, but those are the only ones I know...
2015-4-17
Use props
randywgreen
lvl.2

United States

I bought my Phantom 2 Vision+ on Amazon and it was sold by DDM Racing and fulfilled by Amazon.  I had it over 3 weeks and then heard about the Phantom 3.  I was able to return the P2 to Amazon for a full refund.
2015-4-22
Use props
Muleshoe2
lvl.2

United States

Wow, this is good but distressing info. I ordered from DJI, but as a first-time quad owner, I am not going to be able to become a good enough pilot in one week to test all the systems.

With my time schedule, I'll be doing well to get "decent" in a month. I'd hate to get into my second or third week and discover there's some glitch in a system and have DJI say "tough shit."

Can a first-time quad owner (who does have R/C plane experience) run through everything in a week?

How much hassle is it to cancel an order with DJI? I hate to postpone delivery, but I might be glad I did.
2015-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules