Does low temperature effect flying your drone?
2188 7 2017-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nick Gregory
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174 ft

United Kingdom

I've had my drone out and it seems to lose connection on short range, hieght and distance and also drops out from the DJI app on my ipad mini.
Would the low temp effect this?
2017-12-15
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I don't think temp has any effect on your transmission signal. I have flown in some pretty cold weather as have many others.
2017-12-15
Use props
jwt-873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

I've flown as low as -35C (-31F) with no change in range, performance or flight times.
2017-12-15
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

As said cold weather will not adversely affect the drones transmission, it maybe the FW, or something as simple as your settings.
Maybe some more information would be helpful, like is it doing this after a update, or the area you are flying in (eg; geo), maybe cable between iPad & controller,also are all the other applications on your iPad closed before using the DJI app, is the aircraft flying normally (other than heights/distance), how long have you had the aircraft etc
2017-12-15
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

jwt-873 Posted at 2017-12-15 17:02
I've flown as low as -35C (-31F) with no change in range, performance or flight times.

Wow that's pretty cold temps (with gloves I assume? - glad it held up.
2017-12-15
Use props
fansb2edd25e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 736775 ft
United States

There's a "fix" for the type of issue you've described.   I use a Ipad air 2 and the app was crashing all of the time.   Whether it was because of recent  DJI app updates  as well as IOS updates,  I don't know.   IOS 11.2 seems to have resolved the drop out/crash issues for me anyway.  I know my app crashes weren't  temperature dependent.
2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, Nick. Please note that the Operating Temperature Range is from 0 to 40°C. And I would recommend you warm up the battery to about 20 degrees Celsius.
2017-12-15
Use props
Nick Gee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174 ft

United Kingdom

I have now deleted and reinstalled the app, it appears to be ok and doesn't crash anymore.
When looking into the issue, I read that because it had a firmware update, the app tended to do what it was doing.

I'll be going out for a fly later on today and will let you know if the issues have been fully resolved.
Many thanks for the support.
Nick
2017-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules