Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How high can this drone fly?
36785 393 2017-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

A CW Posted at 2017-12-31 09:38
I prefer to fly it to my Phantom 4 Pro TBH. It’s so quiet and portable.

Nature wants to make photos and videos about wildlife, but the P4 is very loud and scary. Which drone is the nicest? There is a quieter drone, or an impossible mission?
2017-12-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Mavic Platinum is the quietest drone on the market - can’t hear it 200ft away! Anyway, Happy New Year. Xxx
2017-12-31
Use props
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

A CW Posted at 2017-12-31 10:26
The Mavic Platinum is the quietist drone on the market - can’t hear it 200ft away! Anyway, Happy New Year. Xxx

HNY! Boldog új évet kívánok! BÚÉK!
2017-12-31
Use props
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

The Mavic Platinum is the quietist drone on the market - can’t hear it 200ft away! Anyway, Happy New Year. Xxx

I need one of them, then in the New Year...
BÚÉK!
dji-mavic-platinum.jpg
2017-12-31
Use props
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-12-21 23:46
Lucky I live in an area where passenger aircraft are forbidden to fly so I can fly from 3000m to 4000m altitude all the time.  No jets over my drones.
Took this photo a few days ago. Sorry haven't got it off my sd card.  Around 3200m altitude.

HNY!!!!!
2017-12-31
Use props
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-16 09:50
Unless you hack it 500m (1640')

HNY!!!!
2017-12-31
Use props
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

Koviand Posted at 2017-12-16 09:53
Thanks!!!!!

HNY!!!
2017-12-31
Use props
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-16 23:19
Nice video! Thanks for sharing! The flying altitude must follow the local regulations. The highest is 500 meters if there is no restrictions.

HNY!!
2017-12-31
Use props
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

KedDK Posted at 2017-12-22 06:43
And if DJI keep forcing limitations at same pace, soon all the remaining enthusiasts are back in the DIY business and does that make it safer in any way?

Having used a lot of time in hacker spaces where people build their own octocopters capable of flying around with a DSLR i really regret i took the easy way and used a fortune on a P4P.

HNY!!!
2017-12-31
Use props
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

PeteHB Posted at 2017-12-31 01:14
I am a little confused about the conflict between max hight above take off point and the max hight above ground level. For example take off point is 100M above sea level then the max hight a DJI drone can fly above this is 500M ie 600M total but if the ground rises slowly to say 1000M not unusual then the drone should be capable of flying up the slope but maintaining the restricted hight AGL but is stopped by the 500M above take of level restriction. There is a conflict here that should be easy to resolve by software when following terrain hight as in Google Maps. I was going to buy and use Litchi to do a way point rout flying up the side of a small mountain following the AGL as it increased then realised that the drone would be stupidly restricted by the max hight above take off point.
Am I correct in my assumptions?

HNY!
2017-12-31
Use props
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

DroneLeg Posted at 2017-12-22 12:10
Pictures of 20 meters from Hungary.

[view_image]

BÚÉK!
2017-12-31
Use props
PeteHB
Second Officer

France

You are definitely trying to get your points count up

HNY
2017-12-31
Use props
DroneLeg
lvl.4

Hungary

horcsab1967dron Posted at 2017-12-31 08:49
The drone is in action, now buy it! 899 $

Thanks! What is your opinion of the following drone:  Yuneec Typhoon H Drone

2017-12-31
Use props
DroneLeg
lvl.4

Hungary

horcsab1967dron Posted at 2017-12-31 00:38
Dji Mavic Pro?

Hovering Time: 27 min

The DJI Mavic Pro is too small for me, it is very bad in the wind, but I have to work with the dron in wind.
2017-12-31
Use props
DroneLeg
lvl.4

Hungary

The Mavic Platinum is the quietist drone on the market - can’t hear it 200ft away! Anyway, Happy New Year. Xxx

Which drones fly well in the wind? Thank you for your help.
2017-12-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DroneLeg Posted at 2017-12-31 17:17
Which drones fly well in the wind? Thank you for your help.

The Inspire is great for that. Basically, the more powerful the motors, the larger the prop blades and the larger the drone the more stable it will be. The Mavic is a great drone but does not handle wind speeds >10MPH very well unlike the larger drones. It is very nimble though in lighter winds.  
2018-1-1
Use props
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

DroneLeg Posted at 2017-12-31 17:14
The DJI Mavic Pro is too small for me, it is very bad in the wind, but I have to work with the dron in wind.

I do not think you are right, the little drones fly better off in the wind. See video:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wl5-2GpKs_8
2018-1-1
Use props
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

DroneLeg Posted at 2017-12-31 17:10

[view_image]

I do not know the ,I have not fly with this, I can not give advice. A CW knows him well, he knows everything.
2018-1-1
Use props
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

[view_image]

If you’re planning to go on flights that reach or exceed 1 mile, then the Typhoon H is not the ideal drone for you. Yes, you can add some directional antennas to the controller, but they will only get you to around 10,000 feet. That’s much farther than the stock antennas will do, but the Phantom 3 Pro and Phantom 4 will easily do 15,000 feet with no modifications at all. I’ve personally reached over 20,000 feet with the Phantom 4 in good conditions, and at those distances you’ll run out of battery before running out of range. You might never need to go 3 or 4 miles with your drone, but having that extra power means that you can also fly through and around structures and maintain a better signal.
2018-1-1
Use props
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

[view_image]

I think the Typhoon H is great! Did I mention it has six rotors and a 360° gimbal? It’s great! I love the idea behind it, I like the design for the most part and it’s the closest that a drone has ever gotten to replacing my Phantom. That’s the only problem with it. It just doesn’t meet the high standards that DJI keeps raising. When I look back at my experience with using the Typhoon H and I compare it to the Phantom 4, it just feels less polished. It’s almost like Yuneec focused more on features that they knew the general public would consider great without taking the time to really understand what features are necessary to create great shots and improve the user experience.

DJI didn’t get their great drone and app over night. It took 4 years of iteration for the Phantom to be where it is today. Every year the Phantom drones “and the DJI app” have a completely new design. If Yuneec can redesign their user interface, remove the fisheye lens, give me a log color profile and increase the control range, they just might have me sold, but until then I’ll stick to the Phantom 4.
2018-1-1
Use props
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

[view_image]

The earlier sayings, not my own thoughts, I 'm just trying to help, but you can browse the web yourself...
https://myfirstdrone.com/blog/phantom-4-vs-typhoon-h-which-drone-should-a-filmmaker-buy
2018-1-1
Use props
Koviand
lvl.4

Hungary

A CW Posted at 2017-12-31 03:47
The drones altitude is displayed using a barometer against the home point from where the drone took off. The downward vision positioning system has a range of 13M - any altitude above that and the drone can not see the ground. It will adjust its altitude using the terrain follow intelligent flight mode but only when flying under 13M on a gradient of less than 20 degrees. Always ensure you set the RTH altitude above any obstacles in your environment.

How many meters of precision return home, at automatic return? How many square meters of free space are needed for Phantom 4?
2018-1-1
Use props
Koviand
lvl.4

Hungary

PeteHB Posted at 2017-12-31 03:51
The drone has GPS capability and GPS has the ability to determine hight so it should be perfectly feasible for a drone to track a mapped hight and reference that to its GPS determined hight, within reasonable parameters.

How many meters of precision return home, at automatic return? How many square meters of free space are needed for Phantom 4?
2018-1-1
Use props
PeteHB
Second Officer

France

Koviand Posted at 2018-1-1 06:10

Not sure I understand what you are asking but with a GPS and or barometric pressure log stored for the flight and therefore the flight path and log a return to home could be on exactly the same flight path as the outward journey. As for space the phantom series occupies way less than 1SqM but I don't think you are asking that.
2018-1-1
Use props
Koviand
lvl.4

Hungary

PeteHB Posted at 2018-1-1 06:24
Not sure I understand what you are asking but with a GPS and or barometric pressure log stored for the flight and therefore the flight path and log a return to home could be on exactly the same flight path as the outward journey. As for space the phantom series occupies way less than 1SqM but I don't think you are asking that.

Thanks for the perfect answer.
Between the take-off and the landing point, how many meters is there in case of automatic return (Does GPS have inaccuracies exist)?
My next question. How high will it come back to the dron autopilot? Does the dron detect obstacles (tree, hill, buildings, towers, etc.) at the return?
2018-1-1
Use props
PeteHB
Second Officer

France

2nd question first! if the drone has obstacle avoidance ie P4 and others then I think it should avoid most if not all obstacles if it is a P3 variety then it won't.

The drone should return very close to it's landing point in theory cms but in practice it varies and can be as much as 2 M but my limited experience with my old P3Pro was mainly within 1M.
2018-1-1
Use props
Koviand
lvl.4

Hungary

PeteHB Posted at 2018-1-1 08:33
2nd question first! if the drone has obstacle avoidance ie P4 and others then I think it should avoid most if not all obstacles if it is a P3 variety then it won't.

The drone should return very close to it's landing point in theory cms but in practice it varies and can be as much as 2 M but my limited experience with my old P3Pro was mainly within 1M.

Thank you for your answers.
2018-1-1
Use props
PeteHB
Second Officer

France

Koviand Posted at 2018-1-1 08:56
Thank you for your answers.

No problem hope they were right and helped you.
2018-1-1
Use props
DroneLeg
lvl.4

Hungary

horcsab1967dron Posted at 2018-1-1 05:19
The earlier sayings, not my own thoughts, I 'm just trying to help, but you can browse the web yourself...
https://myfirstdrone.com/blog/phantom-4-vs-typhoon-h-which-drone-should-a-filmmaker-buy

Thank you!!!!
2018-1-1
Use props
DroneLeg
lvl.4

Hungary

PeteHB Posted at 2018-1-1 08:33

I read that, you have P3 Pro.  How strong wind can P3Pro fly without problems? What are your experiences?
2018-1-1
Use props
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

Koviand Posted at 2018-1-1 06:09

A CW is on vacation, so now I answer for him: Phantom4 should be provided with 2 square meters of landing an landing. We look forward to your further responses.
2018-1-1
Use props
PeteHB
Second Officer

France

DroneLeg Posted at 2018-1-1 10:59
I read that, you have P3 Pro.  How strong wind can P3Pro fly without problems? What are your experiences?

Yes I had a P3Pro I suppose the maximum wind I flew it would be in the 5 to 8 M/sec but I rarely flew when there was much if any wind as my interest is in the photographic side of things and the less wind the better.
2018-1-2
Use props
DroneLeg
lvl.4

Hungary

PeteHB Posted at 2018-1-2 00:40
Yes I had a P3Pro I suppose the maximum wind I flew it would be in the 5 to 8 M/sec but I rarely flew when there was much if any wind as my interest is in the photographic side of things and the less wind the better.

Thanks! Unfortunately, in many cases, I can not wait for the silent time. I must also make high-altitude pictures of farmland in windy weather. I want a drone that can be controlled in a wind ...
2018-1-2
Use props
PeteHB
Second Officer

France

DroneLeg Posted at 2018-1-2 03:26
Thanks! Unfortunately, in many cases, I can not wait for the silent time. I must also make high-altitude pictures of farmland in windy weather. I want a drone that can be controlled in a wind ...

I guess that the P3 and P4 drones can actually be flown ( slowly) in wind speeds up to 15 M/sec but take off and landing might be tricky. When you think that the drones can fly at speeds above 15 M/sec there should be no reason why they can't operate in that level of wing, how stable they are particularly if the wind is not constant would be a different matter.
2018-1-2
Use props
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

Number 1 rule is dont fly in winds faster then your top speed otherwise its not coming back. Also on windy days dont take off downwind too far as you may not make it back into a strong wind before running out of juice. Best to fly into the wind and come back down wind but I dont fly gos mode much in stronger winds as it is speed limited somewhat.

Fastest winds ive flown would be around 55kmh and this was very gusty so quite sketchy. My setups top speed with no wind is around 22m/s or 80kmh 50mph.

With a bit of wind I have got speed to to 33m/s or 119kmh 74mph going by my osd. The same day winds were gusting to about 40kmh and coming back into it I was barely going over 10m/s and going full speed into strong winds I was also losing altitude.

Unless you really want to have an adrenaline rush and are very competant flying in atti and manual mode best to not fly in winds much above 10m/s or 36kmh 22mph. Manual mode in very strong gusty winds is very sketchy too lol so above 35kmh I tend to fly mostly atti mode but the gps does a pretty good job hovering in faster winds.
2018-1-2
Use props
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

Number 1 rule is dont fly in winds faster then your top speed otherwise its not coming back. Also on windy days dont take off downwind too far as you may not make it back into a strong wind before running out of juice. Best to fly into the wind and come back down wind but I dont fly gos mode much in stronger winds as it is speed limited somewhat.

Fastest winds ive flown would be around 55kmh and this was very gusty so quite sketchy. My setups top speed with no wind is around 22m/s or 80kmh 50mph.

With a bit of wind I have got speed to to 33m/s or 119kmh 74mph going by my osd. The same day winds were gusting to about 40kmh and coming back into it I was barely going over 10m/s and going full speed into strong winds I was also losing altitude.

Unless you really want to have an adrenaline rush and are very competant flying in atti and manual mode best to not fly in winds much above 10m/s or 36kmh 22mph. Manual mode in very strong gusty winds is very sketchy too lol so above 35kmh I tend to fly mostly atti mode but the gps does a pretty good job hovering in faster winds.
2018-1-2
Use props
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

DJI Spark vs. Mavic Pro vs. Phantom4 Pro High Wind Hover Test
2018-1-2
Use props
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kGHxHDXGtBY
2018-1-2
Use props
DroneLeg
lvl.4

Hungary

The answer is perfect, but the video does not blow the wind! Thanks!
2018-1-2
Use props
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

DroneLeg Posted at 2018-1-2 12:00
The answer is perfect, but the video does not blow the wind! Thanks!

The wind is blowing here ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2JTN2yXTluM
2018-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules