Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How high can this drone fly?
36790 393 2017-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneLeg
lvl.4

Hungary

horcsab1967dron Posted at 2018-1-11 11:56
I do not know what this is. Some map editor. I never used it.

As I've almost completed my one month free trial with seven days left, I tried to upload a 3-D map. I got a notice that stated there was a 500 photo Max. I was only trying to upload 380 photos for a 3-D map. It wouldn't let me do it. My question is, am I doing something wrong? Will the paid version let me upload more data then I'm trying to upload now? I need to know what my capabilities are going to be If I get started with the paid version of drone deploy.
Any information I can get on the minimum and maximum amount of photos or data that can be uploaded for a 3-D map would be appreciated.
2018-1-22
Use props
DroneLeg
lvl.4

Hungary

2018-1-22
Use props
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

DroneLeg Posted at 2018-1-22 09:28
As I've almost completed my one month free trial with seven days left, I tried to upload a 3-D map. I got a notice that stated there was a 500 photo Max. I was only trying to upload 380 photos for a 3-D map. It wouldn't let me do it. My question is, am I doing something wrong? Will the paid version let me upload more data then I'm trying to upload now? I need to know what my capabilities are going to be If I get started with the paid version of drone deploy.
Any information I can get on the minimum and maximum amount of photos or data that can be uploaded for a 3-D map would be appreciated.

Here you can find the answer:
https://www.dronedeploy.com/pricing.html
2018-1-23
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

This one didn't fly very high at all.

https://www.facebook.com/ATDrones/videos/1526977567409253/
2018-1-23
Use props
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

blackcrusader Posted at 2018-1-23 02:08
This one didn't fly very high at all.

Uuuuups! Mavic can swim?
2018-1-23
Use props
DroneLeg
lvl.4

Hungary

horcsab1967dron Posted at 2018-1-23 00:41
Here you can find the answer:
https://www.dronedeploy.com/pricing.html

Thank you very much!
2018-1-23
Use props
DroneLeg
lvl.4

Hungary

blackcrusader Posted at 2018-1-23 02:08
This one didn't fly very high at all.

Wow.   Why is the guy pulling his leg?
2018-1-23
Use props
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

DroneLeg Posted at 2018-1-23 09:16
Thank you very much!

What do you job? What do you use for drone and software?
2018-1-24
Use props
Koviand
lvl.4

Hungary

In another forum I got the perfect answer, I thought I shared with you.
2018-1-25
Use props
Koviand
lvl.4

Hungary

You need to be more specific about what you mean. I live at about 4200 feet elevation and like others in the USA we are generally required to remain below 400AGL, or 400 feet above ground level. So, if the place I'm flying is at, say, 4500 feet elevation I'd be required to stay below 400 feet of that elevation or 4900MSL (4900 feet above mean sea level). There are additional problems with compliance of this rule as the ground is not always flat where you fly so it may be the case that flying in one direction would require flying higher than 400 feet above your starting elevation if the direction you fly is uphill.  The DJI Go app or Go 4 app determines that height based on the takeoff location and the elevation as reported in the Go app is in feet or meters above ground level referenced from the takeoff location -- it does not display the elevation in MSL, only AGL. When you download the flight data the app actually records elevation data derived from the GPS system in MSL units as well as AGL units.  The elevation information displayed on the Go app actually comes from a barometric sensor on-board the drone and not from the GPS as GPS isn't precise enough in elevation to use it for close to the ground flying.  The absolute maximum elevation you can fly with a Phantom class drone is probably about 16,000-20,000 feet or 5000-6000m. Higher up the air is thinner and there comes a point where the drone can not get enough lift.  I'm not sure where you're from but most countries have very similar rules -- check with your state ot national aeronautics board to be sure.  Lastly, while watching the video you posted you took off within trees and then climbed up quite a bit -- you really need to be able to see if aircraft or helicopters are near so flying within trees is not a great idea as that limits you line of sight.   Brian
2018-1-25
Use props
Koviand
lvl.4

Hungary

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-12-24 04:32
This picture is taken from my DJI Phantom 3 Standard.

I live in a valley below an area where I took off.

You need to be more specific about what you mean. I live at about 4200 feet elevation and like others in the USA we are generally required to remain below 400AGL, or 400 feet above ground level. So, if the place I'm flying is at, say, 4500 feet elevation I'd be required to stay below 400 feet of that elevation or 4900MSL (4900 feet above mean sea level). There are additional problems with compliance of this rule as the ground is not always flat where you fly so it may be the case that flying in one direction would require flying higher than 400 feet above your starting elevation if the direction you fly is uphill.

The DJI Go app or Go 4 app determines that height based on the takeoff location and the elevation as reported in the Go app is in feet or meters above ground level referenced from the takeoff location -- it does not display the elevation in MSL, only AGL. When you download the flight data the app actually records elevation data derived from the GPS system in MSL units as well as AGL units.

The elevation information displayed on the Go app actually comes from a barometric sensor on-board the drone and not from the GPS as GPS isn't precise enough in elevation to use it for close to the ground flying.

The absolute maximum elevation you can fly with a Phantom class drone is probably about 16,000-20,000 feet or 5000-6000m. Higher up the air is thinner and there comes a point where the drone can not get enough lift.

I'm not sure where you're from but most countries have very similar rules -- check with your state ot national aeronautics board to be sure.

Lastly, while watching the video you posted you took off within trees and then climbed up quite a bit -- you really need to be able to see if aircraft or helicopters are near so flying within trees is not a great idea as that limits you line of sight.

Brian
2018-1-25
Use props
Koviand
lvl.4

Hungary

A CW Posted at 2018-1-16 02:00
Any crime is possible, it’s just best not to tempt going to prison by increasing the risk of colliding with a manned aircraft just to take a video...

You need to be more specific about what you mean. I live at about 4200 feet elevation and like others in the USA we are generally required to remain below 400AGL, or 400 feet above ground level. So, if the place I'm flying is at, say, 4500 feet elevation I'd be required to stay below 400 feet of that elevation or 4900MSL (4900 feet above mean sea level). There are additional problems with compliance of this rule as the ground is not always flat where you fly so it may be the case that flying in one direction would require flying higher than 400 feet above your starting elevation if the direction you fly is uphill.

The DJI Go app or Go 4 app determines that height based on the takeoff location and the elevation as reported in the Go app is in feet or meters above ground level referenced from the takeoff location -- it does not display the elevation in MSL, only AGL. When you download the flight data the app actually records elevation data derived from the GPS system in MSL units as well as AGL units.

The elevation information displayed on the Go app actually comes from a barometric sensor on-board the drone and not from the GPS as GPS isn't precise enough in elevation to use it for close to the ground flying.

The absolute maximum elevation you can fly with a Phantom class drone is probably about 16,000-20,000 feet or 5000-6000m. Higher up the air is thinner and there comes a point where the drone can not get enough lift.

I'm not sure where you're from but most countries have very similar rules -- check with your state ot national aeronautics board to be sure.

Lastly, while watching the video you posted you took off within trees and then climbed up quite a bit -- you really need to be able to see if aircraft or helicopters are near so flying within trees is not a great idea as that limits you line of sight.

Brian
2018-1-25
Use props
Koviand
lvl.4

Hungary

horcsab1967dron Posted at 2018-1-16 01:02
Is it possible? 2500 m?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I5izg2cueP4

Brian
2018-1-25
Use props
Koviand
lvl.4

Hungary

Bashy Posted at 2017-12-24 22:43
I think here in the UK we cannot fly like this, we have to imaging there is an invisible string thats 120m (400ft ish) long and it must always touch the ground, so we cannot take off from Ben Nevis (1500m ish i think) and fly away from the Ben because the ground obviously drops away and thus gives us a higher than the  120m height, not allowed, well, this is according to the Drone Police on an fb group, most admins are licensed and like to drum home the rules and regs of the ANO, a whole other argument, dont get me started lol

Nice shots btw

Brian
2018-1-25
Use props
Koviand
lvl.4

Hungary

eman_vg Posted at 2018-1-20 17:08
Legally 400 feet in US. Its capabilities... until you lose signal which would be a few miles, but by then it would get hit by a jet plane. LOL

Brian
2018-1-25
Use props
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

Koviand Posted at 2018-1-25 10:37

The answer is very detailed. Now you know everything. Bye bye.
2018-1-26
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Taiwan

Koviand Posted at 2018-1-25 10:29
You need to be more specific about what you mean. I live at about 4200 feet elevation and like others in the USA we are generally required to remain below 400AGL, or 400 feet above ground level. So, if the place I'm flying is at, say, 4500 feet elevation I'd be required to stay below 400 feet of that elevation or 4900MSL (4900 feet above mean sea level). There are additional problems with compliance of this rule as the ground is not always flat where you fly so it may be the case that flying in one direction would require flying higher than 400 feet above your starting elevation if the direction you fly is uphill.  The DJI Go app or Go 4 app determines that height based on the takeoff location and the elevation as reported in the Go app is in feet or meters above ground level referenced from the takeoff location -- it does not display the elevation in MSL, only AGL. When you download the flight data the app actually records elevation data derived from the GPS system in MSL units as well as AGL units.  The elevation information displayed on the Go app actually comes from a barometric sensor on-board the drone and not from the GPS as GPS isn't precise enough in elevation to use it for close to the ground flying.  The absolute maximum elevation you can fly with a Phantom class drone is probably about 16,000-20,000 feet or 5000-6000m. Higher up the air is thinner and there comes a point where the drone can not get enough lift.  I'm not sure where you're from but most countries have very similar rules -- check with your state ot national aeronautics board to be sure.  Lastly, while watching the video you posted you took off within trees and then climbed up quite a bit -- you really need to be able to see if aircraft or helicopters are near so flying within trees is not a great idea as that limits you line of sight.   Brian

There is no legal 400ft requirement for those operating under sec 336 as stated by the FAA in an email to me January 2018. You are clearly mistake about Sec 336.
There is no requirement to stay 400 AGL.  

Most countries have different rules and there are rules in Taiwan. I only fly legally where I live.  What aircraft or helicopters are you referring to? I fly in an area where passenger aircraft are not allowed and there are no private aircraft allowed in Taiwan. There is no VLOS requirement nor is there a max height limit where I fly but there is a 60m agl in Taipei City.  The laws in Taiwan are not the similar to other countries and it is wrong of you to assume they are.

So you don't need to worry about me flying into aircraft which would be nowhere near where I fly.   

TAIWAN FLIGHT PATHS.png
2018-1-26
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Taiwan

The 400ft rule is not a law and does not apply to Sec 336 operators. I emailed the FAA and asked as I plan on visiting the USA and also wanted to know if tourists need to register their drones with the FAA

On 16-Jan-18 11:19 PM, UAShelp@faa.gov wrote:
>
> Sir,
>
>
> If you are a foreign national and you are not eligible to register your sUAS in the United States there are two ways for you to operate. If you want to operate your UAS exclusively in accordance with the Special Rule for Model Aircraft, you may complete the process provided in the web-based registration portal for section 336 aircraft. The agency will consider the certificate that is issued to be a recognition of ownership rather than a certificate of U.S. aircraft registration. These conditions are consistent with and impose no greater burden than the requirements imposed on U.S. citizens conducting model aircraft operations in the U.S. There is no legal requirement to fly under 400ft for those operating under Section 336.
>
> Alternatively, if you want to operate your UAS for commercial purposes, you must register your UAS in the country in which you are eligible to register and obtain operating authority from the Department of Transportation.
> For more information and guidance regarding authorities for non-U.S. citizens, please contact the Department's Foreign Air Carrier Licensing Division.
> SEC. 336. SPECIAL RULE FOR MODEL AIRCRAFT.
> (a) IN GENERAL.—Notwithstanding any other provision of law relating to the incorporation of unmanned aircraft systems into Federal Aviation Administration plans and policies, including this subtitle, the Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration may not promulgate any rule or regulation regarding a model aircraft, or an aircraft being developed as a model aircraft, if—
> (a) The aircraft is flown strictly for hobby or recreational use;
> (b) The aircraft is operated in accordance with a community-based set of safety guidelines and within the programming of a nationwide community-based organization;
> (c) The aircraft is limited to not more than 55 pounds unless otherwise certified through a design, construction, inspection, flight test, and operational safety program administered by a community-based organization;
> (d) The aircraft is operated in a manner that does not interfere with and gives way to any manned aircraft; and (e) When flown within 5 miles of an airport, the operator of the aircraft provides the airport operator and the airport air traffic control tower (when an air traffic facility is located at the airport) with prior notice of the operation.
>
>
>
> Thank you for contacting the FAA's Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Support Center.
>
>
>
>
> Please follow up with any further inquiries at UASHelp@faa.gov. Additional information is also available at https://www.faa.gov/uas/.
>
> We appreciate your feedback. Please select: UAS Safety and Integration Division AUS-400.
>
> From:
> Sent: Sunday, January 7, 2018 1:07:23 PM
> To: 9-NATL-UAS-Help (FAA);
> Subject: Drone registration for tourists visiting the USA and max legal height.
>
> Hi there
>
> I see that new regulations will require registration of drones. If I
> visit the USA will I as a tourist need to register my drone. Also as a
> hobby flier is the law for max height 400 feet or is this still a guideline?
>
> Please see the attached reply to another enquirer but it the answer
> stating that it is not a legal requirement I would like to check.
>
> Regards
2018-1-26
Use props
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

blackcrusader Posted at 2018-1-26 05:09
The 400ft rule is not a law and does not apply to Sec 336 operators. I emailed the FAA and asked as I plan on visiting the USA and also wanted to know if tourists need to register their drones with the FAA

On 16-Jan-18 11:19 PM, UAShelp@faa.gov wrote:

Drone record Mount Everest 8000 m!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7d5P4jYLWew
2018-1-29
Use props
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

Koviand Posted at 2018-1-25 10:37

Russian drone soars over Everest!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4S62kuJYbs
2018-1-29
Use props
Sky Flyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4280584 ft
United States

395ft in my neck of the woods, if you know what i mean!
2018-1-29
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Taiwan

Sky Flyer Posted at 2018-1-29 13:42

Not really.  Who knows where your neck of the woods is or what flight rules apply to where you fly your done.?
2018-1-29
Use props
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

Sky Flyer Posted at 2018-1-29 13:42

I do not know what you mean!
2018-1-29
Use props
Sky Flyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4280584 ft
United States

Technically it is 400 feet, but I have set my drone to 120 meters, which gives me 393 feet.  I have to keep below that height where i fly.
2018-1-30
Use props
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

Sky Flyer Posted at 2018-1-30 11:42
Technically it is 400 feet, but I have set my drone to 120 meters, which gives me 393 feet.  I have to keep below that height where i fly.

Everything is now all right.
2018-2-1
Use props
Koviand
lvl.4

Hungary

Thank you for the many answers!
2018-2-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Koviand Posted at 2018-2-3 10:27
Thank you for the many answers!

No problem - glad you now know the rules.
2018-2-3
Use props
guardcim23
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685374 ft
United States

CAN WE FINALLY PUT THIS TO BED.???
2018-2-3
Use props
DroneLeg
lvl.4

Hungary

guardcim23 Posted at 2018-2-3 15:24
CAN WE FINALLY PUT THIS TO BED.???

I can not understand your question.
2018-2-4
Use props
guardcim23
lvl.4
United States

DroneLeg Posted at 2018-2-4 12:27
I can not understand your question.

8 pages of post for how high can a drone fly.
Don’t you think we beat this topic to death?
2018-2-4
Use props
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

guardcim23 Posted at 2018-2-4 21:02

Because it is the most popular drone forum in the world.
2018-2-5
Use props
Koviand
lvl.4

Hungary

guardcim23 Posted at 2018-2-4 21:02

It is really very interesting, I was surprised by the many answers.
2018-2-9
Use props
DroneLeg
lvl.4

Hungary

horcsab1967dron Posted at 2018-1-24 06:25
What do you job? What do you use for drone and software?

It can be used in agriculture and nursery, harvest estimates, damage survey: water-ice and animal damages, measuring the spread of a specific parasite or pathogen.
2018-2-18
Use props
guardcim23
lvl.4
United States

Just a question. How low can a drone fly?
2018-2-19
Use props
sidtx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

I think this community should challenge Elon Musk to set a drone altitude record.

Perhaps launched from a Falcon heavy?

Sid
2018-2-19
Use props
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

sidtx Posted at 2018-2-19 15:24
I think this community should challenge Elon Musk to set a drone altitude record.

Perhaps launched from a Falcon heavy?

I hope Falcon Heavy is a successful business. Elon Musk is a genius.
2018-2-20
Use props
horcsab1967dron
lvl.4

Hungary

guardcim23 Posted at 2018-2-19 11:18

-100 mm???
2018-2-22
Use props
Koviand
lvl.4

Hungary

This is a stupid question.
2018-2-26
Use props
Koviand
lvl.4

Hungary

500 m!!!!
2018-2-27
Use props
sidtx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

Here's one that went below sea level (actually it went below the water level of wherever it was at) and lived to fly again.

So,  the question of how low can a drone go has a possible answer!!!

Sid
2018-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules