Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How high can this drone fly?
36788 393 2017-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>

Icer Posted at 2018-3-28 04:24
10 KM altitude record.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7NmRVDOOfQ

Great - that is exactly what we need.
Finally drones can reach cruising altitude of airliners - and people go for it!
WTF!
2018-5-21
Use props
djiuser_y4zfW4w3Ynvj
lvl.3

Hungary

2300 m! Reckord!
2018-6-2
Use props
djiuser_y4zfW4w3Ynvj
lvl.3

Hungary

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9XWvI8gU-vI

65000ft
2018-6-9
Use props
DroneLeg
lvl.4

Hungary

djiuser_y4zfW4w3Ynvj Posted at 2018-6-9 22:16
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9XWvI8gU-vI

65000ft

Very nice video!!!
2018-6-28
Use props
Koviand
lvl.4

Hungary

Thanks!!!!!
2018-7-7
Use props
Koviand
lvl.4

Hungary

Koviand Posted at 2018-7-7 02:39
Thanks!!!!!

You're welcome!
2018-7-26
Use props
Koviand
lvl.4

Hungary

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TfA79gb7zMU
2018-8-5
Use props
Deepelnok
lvl.3

Hungary

Eric13 Posted at 2018-5-21 09:52
WTF!

Findings by the Department for Transport (DfT), British Airline Pilots’ Association (BALPA) and the Military Aviation Authority (MAA) published today in a summary report, reveal drones weighing 400 grams could damage the windscreens of helicopters in particular. However, airliner windscreens were found to be much more resistant. It would take a heavier drone of around 2 kilograms to critically damage an airliner windscreen, and only if the airliner is flying at a high speed; not during take-off and landing.
2018-8-20
Use props
Koviand
lvl.4

Hungary

10550 Neu reckord?
2018-9-30
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Sorry but I find this thread offensive to those responsible owners who respect the reasons there are limits. DJI has built in to the P3 series and others a 500m height limit - for good reason. To lessen the likelihood of Govt agencies imposing even worse limits on us.

Having a thread like this is advertising the fact that users can be irresponsible and need outside limitations imposed. Its same as the street kid who thinks driving at 100mph down a 30mph street is good.

I am surprised actually that DJI have not stopped or deleted this thread already.

Nigel
2018-9-30
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Eric13 Posted at 2018-5-21 09:52
WTF!

I am surprised that DJI Mods allow this thread to continue ....

I am no 'do-gooder' or want to spoil any fun ... but this thread is just so irresponsible ... I have flown long distances ... I have pushed the height limits with models ... but having seen the light and realised my actions were wrong ... I no longer push so far or so high.

Nigel
2018-9-30
Use props
Deepelnok
lvl.3

Hungary

solentlife Posted at 2018-9-30 03:31
I am surprised that DJI Mods allow this thread to continue ....

I am no 'do-gooder' or want to spoil any fun ... but this thread is just so irresponsible ... I have flown long distances ... I have pushed the height limits with models ... but having seen the light and realised my actions were wrong ... I no longer push so far or so high.

We just talk, we do not have to take the comments seriously, lots of idiots ... Although it's not normal to be nervous ...
2018-9-30
Use props
Deepelnok
lvl.3

Hungary

solentlife Posted at 2018-9-30 03:25
Sorry but I find this thread offensive to those responsible owners who respect the reasons there are limits. DJI has built in to the P3 series and others a 500m height limit - for good reason. To lessen the likelihood of Govt agencies imposing even worse limits on us.

Having a thread like this is advertising the fact that users can be irresponsible and need outside limitations imposed. Its same as the street kid who thinks driving at 100mph down a 30mph street is good.

Recent drone observations at the Helsinki Airport area indicate that some drone pilots have not paid attention to the safety regulations. Aviation is founded on the principle of safety, and we expect that the drone pilots will also adapt a similar mindset. Piloting drones is possible in several areas, but regulations should be observed in all areas where piloting is prohibited. This ensures the safety of Finnish aviation.
The number of remotely controlled aircraft is increasing constantly, and in light of recent events, it seems that the irresponsible and dangerous piloting of these devices is also increasing, which is deeply worrying. Airliners are certified to endure individual bird strikes, but studies show that drones that collide with an aircraft’s structures, engines, windscreens or rotors can cause significantly more damage than a bird of similar weight. Unmanned aircraft are here to stay and they have numerous excellent purposes designed for them, but they must not disturb air traffic or compromise the safety of airliners and rescue helicopters.
Finnish regulations are flexible and provide drone pilots with good circumstances while protecting traditional manned aviation operations efficiently. However, even the best possible regulations are not sufficient if the pilots do not understand their responsibilities and violate the restrictions based on safety matters.
2018-9-30
Use props
Aussierob78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 740476 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'll admit when I had my first drone, a P2, I significantly exceeded my countries legal flight altitude limit. It was, at the time, due to me misunderstanding the regulations of the airspace and area I was visiting, and a lack of easy to obtain documentation. These days, I think it's much harder to accidentally exceed the limits. Even in the boxes we have info on height and distance restrictions, and what apps we can use to find out NFZ etc.

The hardest rule I find these days is the VLOS rule
2018-9-30
Use props
DroneLeg
lvl.4

Hungary

Deepelnok Posted at 9-30 06:57
Recent drone observations at the Helsinki Airport area indicate that some drone pilots have not paid attention to the safety regulations. Aviation is founded on the principle of safety, and we expect that the drone pilots will also adapt a similar mindset. Piloting drones is possible in several areas, but regulations should be observed in all areas where piloting is prohibited. This ensures the safety of Finnish aviation.
The number of remotely controlled aircraft is increasing constantly, and in light of recent events, it seems that the irresponsible and dangerous piloting of these devices is also increasing, which is deeply worrying. Airliners are certified to endure individual bird strikes, but studies show that drones that collide with an aircraft’s structures, engines, windscreens or rotors can cause significantly more damage than a bird of similar weight. Unmanned aircraft are here to stay and they have numerous excellent purposes designed for them, but they must not disturb air traffic or compromise the safety of airliners and rescue helicopters.
Finnish regulations are flexible and provide drone pilots with good circumstances while protecting traditional manned aviation operations efficiently. However, even the best possible regulations are not sufficient if the pilots do not understand their responsibilities and violate the restrictions based on safety matters.

Would all drone be banned? Idiot!
hqdefault.jpg
2018-11-3
Use props
Celipio Varea
lvl.1

Chile

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-16 09:50
Unless you hack it 500m (1640')

Is that possible ?? please help me doing it
2018-11-15
Use props
Deepelnok
lvl.3

Hungary

Celipio Varea Posted at 11-15 15:24

DJI drones are very powerfull machines, however there are some that want to increase the capabilities of their drones. Almost all of DJI’s drones come with limitations on speed, altitude, acceleration, etc, but there is a new service that you can use to unlock the full potential of your DJI drone.

Now without further delay, I’d like to introduce you to No Limit Dronez (NLD). NLD has created a piece of software called the NLD MOD Client, which allows you to access a variety of settings on your drone including the following:

Remove Altitude Limit
Force FCC Mode
Speed Boost
Modify Flight Controller
Mavic flight modes on Spark
Spark WiFi channel selection
Offline Mode
Unlock Grounded Bird
Firmware Flashing
And more!
2018-11-17
Use props
Endru
lvl.2

Hungary

DroneLeg Posted at 11-3 04:37
Would all drone be banned? Idiot!

cool
2018-11-20
Use props
DroneLeg
lvl.4

Hungary

Deepelnok Posted at 9-30 06:57
Recent drone observations at the Helsinki Airport area indicate that some drone pilots have not paid attention to the safety regulations. Aviation is founded on the principle of safety, and we expect that the drone pilots will also adapt a similar mindset. Piloting drones is possible in several areas, but regulations should be observed in all areas where piloting is prohibited. This ensures the safety of Finnish aviation.
Finnish regulations are flexible and provide drone pilots with good circumstances while protecting traditional manned aviation operations efficiently. However, even the best possible regulations are not sufficient if the pilots do not understand their responsibilities and violate the restrictions based on safety matters.

If an aircraft wing struck a drone, it would probably cause damage but no danger to the plane. But a drone being ingested by an engine could be much riskier. While bird strikes are relatively frequent, and passenger aircraft are perfectly capable of flying with one engine out of action, there are concerns that a metallic object containing lithium batteries could cause an uncontained failure, with debris impacting on the airframe. Pilots are also worried about a drone striking an aircraft windscreen, or a helicopter rotor.
2018-11-24
Use props
Koviand
lvl.4

Hungary

Celipio Varea Posted at 11-15 15:24

I want to know how it is possible. Thanks!
2018-12-4
Use props
rudyasho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547320 ft
Indonesia

nice flight
2018-12-7
Use props
Endru
lvl.2

Hungary

Icer Posted at 3-28 04:24
10 KM altitude record.

Dutch drone world record 34KM high by DJI Phantom 2.

2018-12-12
Use props
Endru
lvl.2

Hungary

Icer Posted at 3-28 04:24
10 KM altitude record.

Drone Reaches 33,00ft Which Is As High As Most Planes.

2018-12-12
Use props
Deepelnok
lvl.3

Hungary

Endru Posted at 12-12 00:36
Drone Reaches 33,00ft Which Is As High As Most Planes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smUEvnTYxi0

Irresponsible and dangerous! Thank you for sharing!
2018-12-19
Use props
DroneLeg
lvl.4

Hungary

Deepelnok Posted at 12-19 00:46
Irresponsible and dangerous! Thank you for sharing!

I agree with you.
2018-12-22
Use props
Koviand
lvl.4

Hungary

Merry Christmas! Thank you for your comments.
2018-12-24
Use props
djiuser_y4zfW4w3Ynvj
lvl.3

Hungary

Depends on the drone, as we’ll get into below. The record for the highest drone flight ever was a DJI Phantom 2 that was taken up to 11,000 feet. Please note that flying that high is illegal – without a waiver, you can only fly up to 400 feet in the US and 500 feet in Europe. Much higher than that, and the drone can seriously hurt or even kill someone if it falls – not to mention the fact that it may collide with an aircraft.
2018-12-26
Use props
AMZPOW
First Officer

United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-12-22 00:42
Here's the golden hour sunset. Best times are often sunrise and sunsets.

great shot !
2018-12-26
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_y4zfW4w3Ynvj Posted at 12-26 01:11
Depends on the drone, as we’ll get into below. The record for the highest drone flight ever was a DJI Phantom 2 that was taken up to 11,000 feet. Please note that flying that high is illegal – without a waiver, you can only fly up to 400 feet in the US and 500 feet in Europe. Much higher than that, and the drone can seriously hurt or even kill someone if it falls – not to mention the fact that it may collide with an aircraft.

In the U.K you could now face prosecution if you fly above 400 feet AGL (Above Ground Level).

This came into affect at end of July this year, as mentioned in the Drone Code

Edit:- I've just notice my link was incorrect, now points to drone code for UK.
2018-12-27
Use props
Deepelnok
lvl.3

Hungary

Aardvark Posted at 12-27 03:53
In the U.K you could now face prosecution if you fly above 400 feet AGL (Above Ground Level).

Thanks Aardvark!

In Australia, if you want to fly your drone for fun, you don’t need CASA’s approval – as long as you follow the authority’s simple safety rules. Recreational drone operators must comply with CASA’s rules (known as its standard operating conditions).

You must only fly your drone within visual line of sight – that is, where you are able to see the drone with your own eyes, rather than with the help of binoculars or a telescope, for example. What’s more, you can only fly in visual meteorological conditions, which generally means no night flights.

In most Australian cities, you can only fly your drone up to a maximum altitude of 120 metres – most of this airspace is considered controlled airspace. To fly a recreational drone any higher, you must seek approval from CASA and adhere to any associated conditions.

During flight, you must keep your drone at least 30 metres from anyone who is not directly associated with its operation. The drone must also not be flown over populated areas (that is, areas that are sufficiently crowded that the drone would pose an unreasonable risk to the life, safety or property of someone present). This includes crowded beaches or parks, or sports ovals where a game is in progress.

2018-12-27
Use props
djiuser_y4zfW4w3Ynvj
lvl.3

Hungary

Aardvark Posted at 12-27 03:53

Perfect! Thanks! Genius!
2018-12-29
Use props
Filip Kyzek
lvl.4
Czechia

500 meters. But watch out for the laws.
2018-12-30
Use props
djiuser_y4zfW4w3Ynvj
lvl.3

Hungary

Filip Kyzek Posted at 12-30 02:50
500 meters. But watch out for the laws.

Thank you, genius!
2018-12-31
Use props
Filip Kyzek
lvl.4
Czechia

Sorry, but i just answered.
2019-1-5
Use props
djiuser_y4zfW4w3Ynvj
lvl.3

Hungary

Filip Kyzek Posted at 1-5 13:41
Sorry, but i just answered.

What kind of drone are you flying?Link your photos. Thanks!
2019-1-6
Use props
BETORIFA
lvl.1

United States

500 meter lol
2019-1-7
Use props
Endru
lvl.2

Hungary

500 meter??!!! 500 meter??!!

Then how is this possible???

Thanks!
2019-1-8
Use props
Deepelnok
lvl.3

Hungary

Endru Posted at 1-8 05:27
500 meter??!!! 500 meter??!!

Then how is this possible???

London's Heathrow, the world's second busiest airport, was forced to stop departing flights after a drone was sighted near the airfield.

The airport tweeted that it was "responding to a drone sighting at Heathrow" and said it was "working closely with the Met Police to prevent any threat to operational safety". Flights resumed an hour later.

This fresh drone drama comes weeks after London's Gatwick airport was shut down for 36 hours by reports of drones flying in the area.

Second major UK airport thwarted by drones

Heathrow is one of the busiest airports in the world, second only to Dubai international airport, with 75 million passengers flying each year. Drone disruption could potentially effect hundreds of passengers.

The part closure of Heathrow happened the day after the UK government announced the testing of new anti-drone technology to help avoid a repeat of the Gatwick drone incident.

Transport secretary Chris Grayling has promised to extend drone exclusion zones to 5,000 metres around UK airports. Police have been given new powers to seize suspicious drones and access people's data when a serious offence has been committed.
2019-1-9
Use props
Endru
lvl.2

Hungary

Deepelnok Posted at 1-9 05:15
London's Heathrow, the world's second busiest airport, was forced to stop departing flights after a drone was sighted near the airfield.

The airport tweeted that it was "responding to a drone sighting at Heathrow" and said it was "working closely with the Met Police to prevent any threat to operational safety". Flights resumed an hour later.

"Not sure I understand the anti drone people, there are loads of planes that operate with no transponders, no radar, no nothing. My friend flies a Cessna and it only has a handful of dials in it. I have another friend who has a Mosquito that he lands in his back yard! How can the argument against drones be that "nobody knows they are there"? None of the guys without radar know where the others guys without radar are either, when I was a boy the crop dusters didn't even have radios in them, those guys didn't call the FAA to spray for bugs. Some of you guys act like drones are crashing planes left and right, there hasn't been a single death from a drone. Birds are way heavier, bone and sinew is much stronger than plastic. By the Federal Aviation Administration's own estimate, only 20 percent of bird strike incidents show up in the FAA's voluntary registry, and it's unlikely that they're a representative sample. US Airways Flight 1549 was flown into a flock and it took at least 3 (though it could have been more) 8 pound Canadian Geese, birds are a concern but the planes are designed for it. To make the argument that drones are a danger of such magnitude they need regulated out of existence is simply ridiculous."

Joe Blow

2019-1-20
Use props
Deepelnok
lvl.3

Hungary

Endru Posted at 1-20 01:52
"Not sure I understand the anti drone people, there are loads of planes that operate with no transponders, no radar, no nothing. My friend flies a Cessna and it only has a handful of dials in it. I have another friend who has a Mosquito that he lands in his back yard! How can the argument against drones be that "nobody knows they are there"? None of the guys without radar know where the others guys without radar are either, when I was a boy the crop dusters didn't even have radios in them, those guys didn't call the FAA to spray for bugs. Some of you guys act like drones are crashing planes left and right, there hasn't been a single death from a drone. Birds are way heavier, bone and sinew is much stronger than plastic. By the Federal Aviation Administration's own estimate, only 20 percent of bird strike incidents show up in the FAA's voluntary registry, and it's unlikely that they're a representative sample. US Airways Flight 1549 was flown into a flock and it took at least 3 (though it could have been more) 8 pound Canadian Geese, birds are a concern but the planes are designed for it. To make the argument that drones are a danger of such magnitude they need regulated out of existence is simply ridiculous."

Joe Blow

Kevin Poormon, a University of Dayton engineer who has performed numerous bird strike tests on airplanes, mimicked a midair collision between a 2.1-pound DJI Phantom 2 quadcopter and a Mooney M20 airplane. The drone bore into the plane much farther than a similarly weighted gel "bird" and damaged the plane's main spar, which carries the weight of the wing. Debris spewed from the aircraft.

Adam Lisberg, a spokesperson for DJI, said the stunt featured a drone that the company no longer manufactures and the video shows a "very rare worst case perfect hit." He also said the company offers drones that include built-in geofencing and altitude limitations.

A study by a Federal Aviation Administration research center made similar findings last year, saying drones' more rigid materials allow them to cause greater damage than birds. That research team evaluated potential impacts of two quadcopters and two fixed-wing drones on a single-aisle commercial transport jet and a business jet.

The first drone collision with a commercial plane happened last year over Canada's Quebec City, causing minor damage to the plane. Canadian transport minister Marc Garneau told the Canadian Broadcasting Corp. that the crash "could have been much more serious," even "catastrophic."

There have been other reports of crashes since.

Pilot John Marking said his helicopter was struck by a DJI Inspire 2 drone with a camera attached while traveling about 35 miles east of Ensenada, Mexico, in June. The drone, estimated at 11 pounds, did about $104,000 in damage.

The hit to the helicopter's tail boom and vertical tail fin were so bad that Markling doubts it would have stayed in the air much longer, he said.

"Luckily, I was able to get it on the ground before anything came apart," he said in an email.

The increasing number of drones in the sky is causing aviation officials to worry more about such crashes. The FAA reports receiving more than 100 drone sightings each month.

Researchers conducting FAA studies have proposed manufacturers adopt “detect and avoid” or “geo-fencing” technology to avoid collisions. Poormon, the Dayton engineer, suggests drones that are manufactured to shatter on impact to avoid deep damage.

2019-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules