Precise Fly Safe Data Update?
3176 10 2017-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_0lsQUhv
lvl.1
United States

Bought the Spark yesterday, with only the Android app, using the Galaxy Note8. Had a problem using the code scan to register the product, used wifi to connect and get registered. Had issues with the download of the firmware, and downloaded the Assistant2 to get the firmware updated.

Now when I connect to the drone via wifi, it says I need to update the Fly Safe database. I try to update it and it says there's no internet connection, so I change the wifi to the home wifi, and can click on the 'Download Now' button, but the progress bar stays at 0%, and the app warns me to not disconnect the aircraft, which I had to do to get to the internet.

The Asistant2 doesn't appear to have any links for updating anything besides the basic firmware.

How do I get this critical data updated?
2017-12-16
Use props
djiuser_0lsQUhv
lvl.1
United States

Now I have the controller, and still can't figure out how to get the Fly Safe data loaded. Is it an issue with my cell phone, not having cellular data when I wifi-connect with either the controller of the drone?
2017-12-25
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Actually the Assistant 2 has a lot of features in the developer mode but maybe not good for beginner mode
2017-12-25
Use props
sparkhaines
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18990 ft
United States

I have the same problem.  Many others on other forums are posting about it as well, but I have found no solution.  On another forum, some mentioned that it could be updated with Assistant 2, but I have found nowhere in Assistant to do this.  If someone finds a solution, many folks will be happy.  I'm using a Samsung S5 and everything seems to work fine except this annoying upgrade.  
2017-12-27
Use props
djiuser_0lsQUhv
lvl.1
United States

I heard that Samsung phones shut off the cellular data whenever a Wi-Fi connection is used. I'll be receiving the proper OTG cable adapter tomorrow wherein the controller will then be directly connected to the phone without the use of Wi-Fi, hopefully allowing cellular or home Wi-Fi to then be used for the needed updates. Before, I had bought the wrong adapter, one for the USB-C male to USB female. The OTG adapter is micro USB male to USB female, which allows signaling to originate at the controller rather than at the phone.
2017-12-29
Use props
sparkhaines
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_0lsQUhv Posted at 2017-12-29 08:53
I heard that Samsung phones shut off the cellular data whenever a Wi-Fi connection is used. I'll be receiving the proper OTG cable adapter tomorrow wherein the controller will then be directly connected to the phone without the use of Wi-Fi, hopefully allowing cellular or home Wi-Fi to then be used for the needed updates. Before, I had bought the wrong adapter, one for the USB-C male to USB female. The OTG adapter is micro USB male to USB female, which allows signaling to originate at the controller rather than at the phone.

I think that is the case.  There are a lot of Samsung phones out there...you'd think we could update the map like we update firmware because that worked fine, or provide for it in Assistant.  Anyways, I'll be looking forward to seeing if OTG solves it for you.  I'm new to Spark, but was reading that OTG wasn't supported?  Anyways, if that works for you, then I'll get one.  Thanks.
2017-12-30
Use props
djiuser_0lsQUhv
lvl.1
United States

It is all very odd. The Precise Fly Data popup never comes back, so perhaps it was updated.

This evening I discovered that the OTG will work if I first use the phone to connect to the controller via Wi-Fi, and once connected then I'd disconnect the Wi-Fi from the controller and go back to the home Wi-Fi, then connect the OTG cable, and the app would then self-launch and sense the drone just fine.
2018-1-2
Use props
djiuser_0lsQUhv
lvl.1
United States

But of course a few minutes later I am unable to replicate the earlier success.
2018-1-2
Use props
sparkhaines
lvl.1
United States

I was away from home, and haven't flown in a bit, but fired up today, and the prompt to update is gone for me as well.  There was an app update...maybe that fixed it?  I guess problem solved for now.  Thanks for the input.
2018-1-10
Use props
gobigparts
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2897 ft
United States

I have a Google Pixel XL and I can't update the Flysafe database either. I just stays at zero percent. Yet I had no problem getting the latest firmware updates downloaded when I got the drone so I don't think it has anyting to do with the Phone.
2018-1-10
Use props
gobigparts
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2897 ft
United States

Turned mine on today and it says up to date.
2018-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules