App CRASHES after 5 seconds of recording!!!
1699 14 2017-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wildcat333
New
Flight distance : 7349 ft
United States

I have the Osmo Mobile and iPhone 8 (space gray), and am on the newest iOS version 11.1.2. I have to put a business card behind my phone because of the glossy backing of my phone, which isn't ideal (the sensor will not recognize the phone if I do not do this).
But I had the Osmo Mobile working fine for a day or so, but now everytime I try to make a video, it the DJI Go app crashes after 2 or 3 seconds of recording. The Osmo Mobile itself still stays powered on, but the app is crap.

I am recording in 1080x720 at 30fps. I do not want to record at 4K and do not see that as a proper workaround if that even would work.

I have read the manual and already watched all of the tutorials. And yes I have it balanced before I turn on the Osmo Mobile.

Thoughts? This is really frustrating, and if I don't have a fix in a few days this is going to be returned.

2017-12-16
Use props
NCMJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109747 ft
Brazil

I had a similar problem. The iOS app crashes with feel seconds I load it.
It was solved today morning, when I updated the iOS to 11.2.1 version.
2017-12-16
Use props
MitchOS
New
Canada

I also have the same issue
2017-12-17
Use props
MitchOS
New
Canada

I also have the same issue
2017-12-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi guys, the crash is due to the iOS, it should be resolved with the iOS 11.2, please kindly update your mobile device to iOS 11.2 and then remove the app and install it again.
Please note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pictures and videos before your re-installation.
Please let me know if the problem persists.
2017-12-17
Use props
BLL_Photo
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-17 21:02
Hi guys, the crash is due to the iOS, it should be resolved with the iOS 11.2, please kindly update your mobile device to iOS 11.2 and then remove the app and install it again.
Please note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pictures and videos before your re-installation.
Please let me know if the problem persists.

Hi Mindy,

I have an Osmo Mobile 2 and an iPhone 8 running iOS 11.3.1, and the app crashes in 4k for me as well. I tried a reinstall of the app and it still crashes.

Any suggestions?

BL
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

BLL_Photo Posted at 2018-5-23 23:22
Hi Mindy,

I have an Osmo Mobile 2 and an iPhone 8 running iOS 11.3.1, and the app crashes in 4k for me as well. I tried a reinstall of the app and it still crashes.

BL, sorry to hear that, what are your current APP version and the firmware version of Osmo Mobile 2? If the issue happens every time, please kindly export the crash log for further analysis.
The crash logs of the app need to be exported by iTools, please install iTools on your computer----Toolbox----Advanced Features.
2018-5-24
Use props
mikejandreau
New
Flight distance : 13471 ft
United States

I just got my Osmo Mobile 2 yesterday and am seeing the same thing.

Video in 4K in the app crashes within seconds. 1080p is fine, though.

I'm running iOS 11.3.1, DJI Go 3.1.38 on an iPhone 8.

It crashes even when not connected to the Osmo Mobile, so it seems a software issue, not hardware. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the app, making sure no other bluetooth devices are connected (except for my Watch), but the same thing.

I'm on a Mac, how can I export my logs to send over to help fix the issue?  For now, I'll shoot in 1080p (even though I bought this to shoot in 4k).
2018-5-24
Use props
mikejandreau
New
United States

mikejandreau Posted at 2018-5-24 05:50
I just got my Osmo Mobile 2 yesterday and am seeing the same thing.

Video in 4K in the app crashes within seconds. 1080p is fine, though.

I tried on my wife's iPhone 8 running the same OS and same version of the DJI Go app, and 4K video works there.

What else can I do to troubleshoot this? I called DJI support and they told me to send it back because it's defective. The hardware works fine, this is clearly a software problem.

I installed iTools on my Mac but found no way to view logs. If someone can point me in the right direction, I'm happy to pull logs to figure out what's happening here.
2018-5-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mikejandreau Posted at 2018-5-24 09:56
I tried on my wife's iPhone 8 running the same OS and same version of the DJI Go app, and 4K video works there.

What else can I do to troubleshoot this? I called DJI support and they told me to send it back because it's defective. The hardware works fine, this is clearly a software problem.

Just to clarify, our DJI Go App allows you to record at least 1080p however as soon as you tried to record 4k resolution the app crashes and If may I ask have you tried to check if you do have enough storage on your iPhone 8?
2018-5-24
Use props
mikejandreau
New
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-5-24 11:02
Just to clarify, our DJI Go App allows you to record at least 1080p however as soon as you tried to record 4k resolution the app crashes and If may I ask have you tried to check if you do have enough storage on your iPhone 8?

Correct. As soon as I switch from 1080p to 4k, the app crashes when I start recording.

I have ~30gigs free on my iPhone.

I just did a hard reboot on my phone and that seems to have fixed it, at least for now.
2018-5-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mikejandreau Posted at 2018-5-24 11:46
Correct. As soon as I switch from 1080p to 4k, the app crashes when I start recording.

I have ~30gigs free on my iPhone.

Glad to know that, just feel free to contact us if it happens again. Thank you.
2018-5-24
Use props
BLL_Photo
New
United States

The hard restart seems to have worked. Thanks!
2018-5-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BLL_Photo Posted at 2018-5-24 21:36
The hard restart seems to have worked. Thanks!

If you encountering a problem with our DJI product kindly inform us. Thank you.
2018-5-25
Use props
fans306bc76c
New

United States

mikejandreau Posted at 2018-5-24 11:46

I have ~30gigs free on my iPhone.

Hi, how do you do a hard reboot?
2018-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules