Video and audio of scene out of sync
1209 10 2017-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Siebie
lvl.1

Netherlands

I recorded yesterday w/ the DJI Osmo. When editing I discovered that audio and video of the last few scenes were not synchronized. I had to move the audio 15 (!) frames forward to get speech and video in sync. All previous scenes were ok, last 5 or 6 scenes were ALL out of sync for 15 frames.Settings on Osmo was 4K 30f, using Lexar 32GB 633x class1 micro SD.
I played the card in another PC, same result (i.e. problem is in the OSMO, not in iMac or HP desktop).

2017-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, Siebie, sorry to know you are experiencing difficulties, may I know if you use internal mic or external mic?
I suggest to flash the firmware to see if the problem persists.
Here is the tutorial video for your reference:
2017-12-17
Use props
Siebie
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-17 21:04
Hi, Siebie, sorry to know you are experiencing difficulties, may I know if you use internal mic or external mic?
I suggest to flash the firmware to see if the problem persists.
Here is the tutorial video for your reference:

Hello DJI Mindy, I used the external microphone. The latest firmware is already installed.

I found in a menu 'Camera' a possibility to adjust the audio gain level, but I hope this level is adjusted automatically. Otherwise we have to pay attention to the correct audio gain level before we record a scene...
2017-12-20
Use props
Siebie
lvl.1

Netherlands

Siebie Posted at 2017-12-20 23:47
Hello DJI Mindy, I used the external microphone. The latest firmware is already installed.

I found in a menu 'Camera' a possibility to adjust the audio gain level, but I hope this level is adjusted automatically. Otherwise we have to pay attention to the correct audio gain level before we record a scene...

Oops, I confused this topic with my other topic about audio level.

I switched from 4K to HD, and the same out-of-sync did not occur. However, as this is a 4K-device, I suppose it should record 4K without a problem.
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Siebie Posted at 2017-12-20 23:47

I see, this is the question to your another thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-124306-1-1.html
Unfortunately, the audio gain level cannot be adjusted automatically, please adjust it manually according to the shooting environment. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Siebie Posted at 2017-12-20 23:51
Oops, I confused this topic with my other topic about audio level.

I switched from 4K to HD, and the same out-of-sync did not occur. However, as this is a 4K-device, I suppose it should record 4K without a problem.

Sir, may I know what player you are using? We suggest KMPlayer.
If the problem persists, please send a short original video to Dropbox or Google Driver and post the link here for further analysis, thank you.
2017-12-21
Use props
Siebie
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-21 22:57
Sir, may I know what player you are using? We suggest KMPlayer.
If the problem persists, please send a short original video to Dropbox or Google Driver and post the link here for further analysis, thank you.

This has nothing to do with the player I use: the original footage shows the same behavior on various devices with various players and various editing programs (Pinnacle Studio, Final Cut Pro).

I still have the original footage, you can download it here: https://wetransfer.com/downloads ... 171222160743/0296ce

Link will be available until Dec 29th.
2017-12-22
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

There are previous discussions of audio sync in this forum. Do a google search for it. Hope it will give you some backgrounds to this issue.
2017-12-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Siebie Posted at 2017-12-22 08:22
This has nothing to do with the player I use: the original footage shows the same behavior on various devices with various players and various editing programs (Pinnacle Studio, Final Cut Pro).

I still have the original footage, you can download it here: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/7b310481c822cee4fa38da51ea16a84b20171222160743/9fd067f7d94f1d7dab7ec99018c3468620171222160743/0296ce

Thanks for the footage.
Just one more thing, what external mic do you use? Will the video and audio be out of sync with internal mic?
2017-12-24
Use props
Siebie
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-24 23:29
Thanks for the footage.
Just one more thing, what external mic do you use? Will the video and audio be out of sync with internal mic?

I always use the external mike (FM-15 Fleximic), so I cannot compare. The internal microphone records too much noise from the hardware, that's why I always use the external mike.
Within a few days I will try to record some scenes without the external mike and I'll let you know the results.
Furthermore: I recorded a (long) scene: in that scene sound and vision got out-of-sync, but later in the same scene they were suddenly in-sync, strange...
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Siebie Posted at 2017-12-28 08:26
I always use the external mike (FM-15 Fleximic), so I cannot compare. The internal microphone records too much noise from the hardware, that's why I always use the external mike.
Within a few days I will try to record some scenes without the external mike and I'll let you know the results.
Furthermore: I recorded a (long) scene: in that scene sound and vision got out-of-sync, but later in the same scene they were suddenly in-sync, strange...

Yes please, let us know if the audio has the same problem with the internal mic, it would be helpful for troubleshooting. Thank you.
2017-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules