How to connect the DJI Goggles to Phantom Pro 3?
12159 15 2017-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb7c06732
lvl.1
United States

Can anyone advise me about the DJI Goggles?  Is it worth it to buy them?  I have the Phantom Pro 3.  I understand I need to purchase some additional items to do this but I would like to get good advice and guidance before I buy the Goggles. Or, is there a better FPV Goggle that wors well with my drone?  Thanks

2017-12-16
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Start by reading the specs and manual, i don't think the P3 series is supported at all, in best situation you might be able to use a view only mode via HDMI, but only if a HDMI is available for your model.
Even if you find out you can use them on your model i recommend you try them out before purchase as it seem many people has issues with focus on the screens in them.

Good Luck
2017-12-17
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

KedDK Posted at 2017-12-17 05:04
Start by reading the specs and manual, i don't think the P3 series is supported at all, in best situation you might be able to use a view only mode via HDMI, but only if a HDMI is available for your model.
Even if you find out you can use them on your model i recommend you try them out before purchase as it seem many people has issues with focus on the screens in them.

Yes you will need the HDIM module and then connect via HDMI cable all you will get is view from the camera you won't be able to pilot or point the drone by head movement.
2017-12-17
Use props
fansb7c06732
lvl.1
United States

KedDK Posted at 2017-12-17 05:04
Start by reading the specs and manual, i don't think the P3 series is supported at all, in best situation you might be able to use a view only mode via HDMI, but only if a HDMI is available for your model.
Even if you find out you can use them on your model i recommend you try them out before purchase as it seem many people has issues with focus on the screens in them.

Ok, Thanks KedDK
2017-12-17
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

If you want this capability go for it
I connect via the HDMI connection so I can keep my tablet for the control interface while viewing through the goggles.  You will need to get a Type A to Type C connector as the cable they send with the goggles is Type A (standard size) and the module is Type C (mini).  Something they don't make very clear to folks...
2017-12-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

DB - have you flown with these goggles using the P3P?  How would you rate the experience?  
2017-12-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Thanks DB - please keep me posted  
2017-12-17
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-17 15:50
I just purchased the goggles & haven't had a chance to fly them with my P3 yet as it is in need of a shell replacement due to some rather serious cracks that are causing me concern.  I have had the HDMI module installed on the remote since I purchased the P3 a couple years ago but, until a couple of weeks ago, I never had goggles to try it out.  From the settings it looks like you can enable or disable the OSD display from the HDMI out so for a P3 you would want it enabled so your telemetry is visible in the display.  As soon as I find time to replace the shell I will give it a test & let you know.  If it works well I need to order 3 more HDMI modules.  Wonder if they have them available in black yet?

Did you happen to buy a black bird?  Maybe an Obsidian?
2017-12-17
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

For P3SE owners, this thread is worth to see too. According to Susan's reply the HDMI module is not available for 3SE, the reason i wrote as i did.
2017-12-18
Use props
100949football
New

United Kingdom

Is there any 2019 update on this posting......my understanding is the cdmi module fitted to my Phantom 3 pro will allow me to use DJI goggles but ONLY as a viewing device.,
2019-5-9
Use props
fansde741c19
lvl.1

United States

as of this date, not sure if dji updated the firmware on the goggles or the p3p, decided tonight to attempt to hook up by usb my Phantom 3 pro to my DJI goggles. They worked very well. this is without even using a tablet. Gives the same readouts as with the Mavic Pro, Just wont do anything with head controls. Even as Im searchin here tonight, I have not found one single bit of info stating that they will work with the P3P controller. I didnt think it would even show the video from the drone. It did, then I had to check and make sure it wasnt my Mavic left on. Then I went outside to test it out. Flies great. So, Today I am telling everyone on here, that if you want to use the DJI goggles on your Phantom 3 Pro drone, you do not need the HDMI port installed on  your controller. Simply make sure your goggles, drone and controller have the latest firmware updates. Makes me wonder how long everyone has been so wrong for.
2019-12-23
Use props
fansde741c19
lvl.1

United States

To answer that loaded question. Tonight i discovered that the Phantom 3 pro does in fact work with the DJI goggles by the use of a USB cable from the controller to the DJI goggles. Not sure if it has always been so or from a recent firmware update. None the less, I flew my P3P today with full display inside the goggles. No phone or tablet was needed. Really ticks me off that somaby people just pass on what they hear. Dont need to buy that $100 HDMI module. Just plug in the USB cable and fire it up. It does work. Even though the software is the DJI Go4. The headset doest choose it from a list. It just recieves the data it is given. Hight, speed, distance, battery, and even the horizontal angle in the middle works.
2019-12-23
Use props
Shoveltom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 202953 ft
United States

fansde741c19 Posted at 12-23 18:58
To answer that loaded question. Tonight i discovered that the Phantom 3 pro does in fact work with the DJI goggles by the use of a USB cable from the controller to the DJI goggles. Not sure if it has always been so or from a recent firmware update. None the less, I flew my P3P today with full display inside the goggles. No phone or tablet was needed. Really ticks me off that somaby people just pass on what they hear. Dont need to buy that $100 HDMI module. Just plug in the USB cable and fire it up. It does work. Even though the software is the DJI Go4. The headset doest choose it from a list. It just recieves the data it is given. Hight, speed, distance, battery, and even the horizontal angle in the middle works.

I did exactly as you suggested with P3P. Could see flight info but no video.Any suggestions???  Thanks
2019-12-31
Use props
Dragon CAD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 194426 ft
France

Shoveltom Posted at 2019-12-31 09:00
I did exactly as you suggested with P3P. Could see flight info but no video.Any suggestions???  Thanks

I just purchased the white goggles. So did anybody try by usb ? thanks
2020-11-1
Use props
Marce j solano
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6962 ft
Argentina

Dragon CAD Posted at 2020-11-1 10:14
I just purchased the white goggles. So did anybody try by usb ? thanks

i think we need to have the correct firmware version in AC and remote and goggles for this to work, anyone can give us a hand to make it work?

i have intermitent video feed bu telemetry is ok

AC 1.11.20
remote 1.9.2
2023-12-4
Use props
Marce j solano
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6962 ft
Argentina

Anyone please?
2023-12-6
Use props