HOW TO BRING PHANTOM 4 BACK TO FACTORY SPECS
12529 9 2017-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mjbcobra106
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107769 ft
United States

Is there a way we can somehow reset the whole phantom for back to its old original factory settings before any upgrades of firmware? If anybody knows I would appreciate if you could help me walk through that. Maybe doing this we can upload the form where it might not have a conflict between the RC. I’m so frustrated I can’t use my drone. I’ve used android galaxy eight and also iPad mini 4 fully updated with new software. Nothing is working correctly.
2017-12-16
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Cobra,

There must be a new batch of P4s out there.  This is my second Factory Reset thread in five minutes.  Using DJI Assistant 2 (get the latest version) and it will allow a refresh or a reset to Factory Defaults.  If that is not possible with the Remote Controller, you can try to touch the Icon in the upper right corner of the white Splash screen for over 5 seconds.  It will open a reset and roll-back options.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-12-16
Use props
Mjbcobra106
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107769 ft
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-12-16 23:06
Aloha Cobra,

There must be a new batch of P4s out there.  This is my second Factory Reset thread in five minutes.  Using DJI Assistant 2 (get the latest version) and it will allow a refresh or a reset to Factory Defaults.  If that is not possible with the Remote Controller, you can try to touch the Icon in the upper right corner of the white Splash screen for over 5 seconds.  It will open a reset and roll-back options.

Thank you very much for the assistance
2017-12-18
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

On the P4 there is currently no formal way to roll back the firmware to a previous version. I assume you have updated the aircraft to V02.00.0106 ?.
If you have not updated the RC to V1.9.3 then you will need to do that.

Have a look at this thread Here
2017-12-18
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2017-12-16 23:06
Aloha Cobra,

It's not a new batch, the problem seems to lie with iOS version V4.1.18 of DJI Go 4 having a bug which means that it is not recognising that the RC needs updating.

So if somebody has just updated their aircraft to V02.00.0106, this needs the RC to be updated to V1.9.3 for all to work properly. Because V4.1.18 has a bug it does not see current build of RC (or at least a significant number of them), so doesn't update RC etc....

Several ways round this might be to use earlier version of DJI Go 4, use and Android device with V4.1.18, or as used by a number 'DJI Go' (P3 version) which is good enough to update RC to V1.9.3.
2017-12-18
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-18 06:11
It's not a new batch, the problem seems to lie with iOS version V4.1.18 of DJI Go 4 having a bug which means that it is not recognising that the RC needs updating.

So if somebody has just updated their aircraft to V02.00.0106, this needs the RC to be updated to V1.9.3 for all to work properly. Because V4.1.18 has a bug it does not see current build of RC (or at least a significant number of them), so doesn't update RC etc....

Aloha Aardvark,

Mahalo for the update!  I was wondering what had happened with this problem.  That explains why my Android devices have no problems.  Mahalo again!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-12-18
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2017-12-18 11:15
Aloha Aardvark,

Mahalo for the update!  I was wondering what had happened with this problem.  That explains why my Android devices have no problems.  Mahalo again!

And just after I wrote that, V4.1.20 DJI Go 4 for iOS appeared, and so far seems to have solved this and other problems :-)
2017-12-18
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-18 14:06
And just after I wrote that, V4.1.20 DJI Go 4 for iOS appeared, and so far seems to have solved this and other problems :-)

I wonder what happened to GO v4.1.19? But there's little information in the app notes as to what it repairs. I look forward to hearing more as people use it.

Edit: and just in time for Christmas. Perhaps Santa will bring us a firmware present too? ;-)
2017-12-18
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-18 14:06

Aloha Aardvark,

That may be a rule.  It certainly always happens to me!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-12-18
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-12-18 14:55
I wonder what happened to GO v4.1.19? But there's little information in the app notes as to what it repairs. I look forward to hearing more as people use it.

Edit: and just in time for Christmas. Perhaps Santa will bring us a firmware present too? ;-)

"Edit: and just in time for Christmas. Perhaps Santa will bring us a firmware present too? ;-)"

We can but hope.
2017-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules