Goggles RE unable to read drone footage natively
1877 10 2017-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coeyan
New
Singapore

Hi

I recently bought a DJI Goggles RE. I tried to read off some drone footage from my mavic pro platinum's mini sd card, but to my surprise the goggles was able to detect the .mov files but is unable to read them for some reason. The drone footage was rceorded at 2.7k at 30 fps, and I was able to see the flight through the googles as the drone was flying.

Not sure if someone else has encountered this problem before, but I hope someone is able to shed some light to the issue.

Regards

2017-12-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, currently, only videos with a resolution of 1080P/60fps or lower can be viewed via the Goggles, appreciate your understanding.
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-20 04:35
The videos I tried were 1080x30 fps.  I get sound for a bit but no video.  After a few moments the audio begins to stutter & eventually stops completely.  These videos are 15+ minutes in length.  I'll try something shorter & see if maybe that is the issue.  Also could inquire about adding playback support for WMA (Windows Media) format?  Thanks.

May I know what's the current firmware version of your Goggles? Could you send the videos to us for further review? Thanks in advance!
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-21 21:46
I don't have access to a computer at the moment & don't see an "About" option in the goggle menu that shows the firmware version.  When I activated them with the Assistant there was already an update available which I believe ended in .02.

Thanks for getting back to us. Please kindly send the screenshots and the videos you tried to play to us at your earliest convenience, we will forward to our engineers for further review. I'll keep follow up and update the status.
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-22 07:32
Is there a way to capture a screen shot from the goggles?  On the actual video I'll have to upload it to Google Drive & post a link as it's way too large for an email.

In the touch panel, please tap and hold to screenshot with two fingers, and the image will be saved in the Micro SD card of the Goggles.
2017-12-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-24 05:56
Ah cool.  Does this work anywhere within the goggle menu structure or only when viewing video from an attached device?

Yeah, it works in every menu. Please make sure the SD card has been inserted and use two fingers hold to screenshot.
Touch Panel.png
2017-12-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-26 11:56
That feature could come in very handy.  Thank you for that info.

My pleasure. I'll be here waiting for your link of videos.
2017-12-27
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I can't play .mov or mp4 on my goggles RE. Is there any new advice how to copy them to the SD card?
2018-2-19
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-27 20:14
My pleasure. I'll be here waiting for your link of videos.

Maybe you can give some tips how to play the videos on the RE? Doesn't work for
2018-2-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-1-1 14:43
I was playing around with the RE Goggles today trying to get it to play MP4 files off the MicroSD  card.  Running the latest RE firmware (ends with .0100).  

If I copy mp4 files created by any of my DJI birds to the root directory they show up & play fine.  Even huge 4GB files play perfectly.

Just to verify, which SD card do you use and what's the video resolution?
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dirk52 Posted at 2018-2-20 00:00
Maybe you can give some tips how to play the videos on the RE? Doesn't work for

Please try to remove the Micro SD card from the aircraft and insert into the Micro SD card slot on the Goggles, then select Local Storage, it will be ok to play.
2018-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules