551 7 2017-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Neil_311
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107297 ft
Netherlands

Hi Everyone,

I have an Inspire 1 with an X3 camera and a "Gimbal Discontected" problem.

Everything was fine until I tried to fly it today and discovered this issue. Cleaned the connectors but the gimbal itself worked and can be commanded via touching the iPad screen etc... The only issue is that I have no image at all.

None of the answers on the interent seem to work so here are the details;

APP: 3.1.23
Aircraft: 1.11.01.50
Controller: 1.7.80
Database: 01.00.01.05

Up until now this drone had been working fine so I am not sure what has gone wrong, help please?

Regards

Neil
2017-12-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Neil, sorry to know you are experiencing difficulties, please try to remove or try another SD card to see if the problem persists.
Besides, please control the aircraft enter and exit travel mode again.
Please keep me updated if it works. Thank you.
2017-12-17
Use props
Neil_311
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-17 20:38
Hi Neil, sorry to know you are experiencing difficulties, please try to remove or try another SD card to see if the problem persists.
Besides, please control the aircraft enter and exit travel mode again.
Please keep me updated if it works. Thank you.

Looks like the camera is dead.  I took the whole lot into Droneland where they tested their camera on my drone and it worked perfectly. Luckily the camera has failed whilst still under warranty, although i am now waiting for DJI in the Netherland to confirm that.
2017-12-18
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Neil_311 Posted at 2017-12-18 05:17
Looks like the camera is dead.  I took the whole lot into Droneland where they tested their camera on my drone and it worked perfectly. Luckily the camera has failed whilst still under warranty, although i am now waiting for DJI in the Netherland to confirm that.

Did you update the AC with the Transmitter on ?  I bet if you liked at the hidden file on the SD card when you updated the AC it would say "Device Not Detected " on lines 0800 and 1500.  You would have a failed "Encoder" module on the Camera of the AC .

Be sure to NEVER have the RC on when updating the AC and vice versa.  Also remove the SD card with the update of FW on it as soon as the update is finished  Or it can cause the same problem. Only fly with a fresh formatted SD card with NO BIN files on the Sd card when flying . I use a separate SD card for recording and I use only one SD card for updates  and I of course re format it for each and every update for the AC.

Just hat to see this happen to you again and this is SOMETIMES  the cause .
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Neil_311 Posted at 2017-12-18 05:17
Looks like the camera is dead.  I took the whole lot into Droneland where they tested their camera on my drone and it worked perfectly. Luckily the camera has failed whilst still under warranty, although i am now waiting for DJI in the Netherland to confirm that.

Hi, Neil, Donnie's suggestion is very useful. Did you update the firmware before the problem occurs? Was the updating successful?
Did you attach the camera to dealer's aircraft to have a try? Thanks for your input.
2017-12-18
Use props
Neil_311
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-18 22:36
Hi, Neil, Donnie's suggestion is very useful. Did you update the firmware before the problem occurs? Was the updating successful?
Did you attach the camera to dealer's aircraft to have a try? Thanks for your input.

No, their were no firmware updates.

Essentially, me and my son tested the HDMI output with the Fat Shark goggles in the back garden. Everything was working fine so we packed up and the next day I tried to use it after my Phantom 4 pro batteries were spent it reported this error.

Took it back home and went through all of the trouble shooting that I could do myself.

1, Check the gimbal
2, Cleaned all of the connectors
3, travel mode to flight mode with several resets

Then I took it in to Droneland because I knew they had several Inspires of their own and could easily isolate the problem to either the drone or the camera very quickly.

So the camera is dead until DJI tell me different? Which is strange! Being an Electrical/Electronic eng. myself I know that electronic follow the bath tub curve. Either they fail early or not at all...

The Inspire is always kept in a flight case that allows it to stay in flight mode, so the camera is never removed either.

Regards

Neil
2017-12-20
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Neil_311 Posted at 2017-12-20 03:13

Essentially, me and my son tested the HDMI output with the Fat Shark goggles in the back garden. Everything was working fine so we packed up and the next day I tried to use it after my Phantom 4 pro batteries were spent it reported this error.

Make sure that you do not leave any updates on the SD card while the RC is turned on . That can cause the No image problem  as it corrupts the "encoder " module on the camera .

Be sure to remove the SD card from the camera after updating and only fly with clean formatted SD cards OR at the very least just make sure NO FW UPDATES are on the SD card.

If the RC is turned on with the SD card containing and update it can corrupt the Encoder ....NOT EVERY time but enough times for me  to see a correlation.

donnie

2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Neil_311 Posted at 2017-12-20 03:13

Hi Neil, sorry for the late response and the inconvenience caused, mounting your gimbal to other drones would be easily to troubleshoot the problem, we appreciate your understanding.
If the gimbal still doesn't work in other aircraft, we recommend to send in for diagnosis.
2017-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules