Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Anybody have issue with telemetry data not showing in Vision app?
1310 3 2015-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kjkisatsky
lvl.4

United States

After waiting 7 weeks from the time I shipped my Phantom Vision 2+ back to DJI in California for gimble motor error, Fedex delivered my Phantom back to me, supposedly repaired and test flown.

I connected to the computer and double checked the IMU was still good and did not calibration.  They updated firmware to latest version at DJI.  I had to reset the bird to NAZA, the way it was when I shipped it out.  So I did have to remarry the remote to the bird.  No problem.

Took it out to test fly it, and realized no telemetry data was showing on Vision App.  I did hard reset on the Wifi range extender and following Binding process.  Everything seems to connect, camera shows image on Ipad Air, still no telemetry.

I call tech support and they walk me through everything I already did.  The only thing I did extra is delete and reload the latest Vision App on my Ipad.  They are now saying I have to ship it back to them.  I am ate up with anger and disappointment right now, having waited so long for the first repair.  Has anybody had a similar issue, and were you able to resolve it without shipping it back?

Again, camera image showing fine on Vision, but no battery info, satellites, altitude, etc.
2015-4-16
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.4

United States

I fixed it!!!!!!!!!  I am so friggin happy I'm doing a jig.   Sometimes it's the simple stuff!!!!  So I started doing a close inspection of the bird itself, and......Facing the front of the bird to your left  on the far left side of the gimble platform is a small plug with four wires leading to it.  Seemed a little higher than the other plugs, so I prodded it gently and discovered it was disconnected!!!!!  Reconnected, held my breath, and  power cycled everything.  BINGO!!!!!!!!!

Lost all your telemetry???  Check that plug!!!
2015-4-16
Use props
Raybro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11096 ft
United States

So glad for ya. Saw your other post in your other thread. I was about to tell you the best you could hope for is a loose connection. That's enough to make the Pope start cussing!
2015-4-16
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.4

United States

Thanks Raybro!   Test flight tomorrow!  Hopefully all will go well after such a frustrating afternoon.
2015-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules