Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sport mode and RTH changed after update
1559 8 2017-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tdiggity
lvl.1
Flight distance : 882976 ft
United States

I did the latest update last night and made post update test flights today. After an update I always use the takeoff and select precise landing. Then once in the air i fly off a bit and hit RTH. Usually the mavic lands within inchs of the takeoff but the first time it was about 3 feet off. Then i did the smae test and this time i switched to sport mode on the controller. And got the infamous [size=14.666666984558105px]"Not able to switch aircraft mode. If needed, enable it in main controller settings" so be careful and verify your settngs didnt change after your update before flying in wind. I absolutly didnt turn off multiple flight modes. On the second RTH the mavic was again off by about 3ft. Then again on the 3rd flight it was off again but closer to 4 feet. I usually take off from pretty open areas (but not always) but now i guess ill need to.

Anyone else??
2017-12-17
Use props
PHL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

It gets turned off by default after every update.  I now change that and the RTH height after every update.
2017-12-17
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

This is a strange one. I am not having the problem with the RTH, mine is still very accurate but a friend of mine has the same problem as you. The only thing I can think of is that if I use the RTH, I use the Precise setting and after it rises to 6mts, I then take it straight up to 10mts for a few seconds before flying away. My friend does not do that.
2017-12-17
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-12-17 21:48
This is a strange one. I am not having the problem with the RTH, mine is still very accurate but a friend of mine has the same problem as you. The only thing I can think of is that if I use the RTH, I use the Precise setting and after it rises to 6mts, I then take it straight up to 10mts for a few seconds before flying away. My friend does not do that.

Yes... I do the same, and it's very accurate. In fact, where I fly, there's a painted runway on the tarmac. Someone has painted two lines on the edge of the runway. Both lines are about 4" long, and they cross the runway boundary line. The lines are one Mavic Pro-length apart!  You place the Mavic between the lines, do a precision take-off, rise to 30ft, fly away, and then press the RTH button. Most of the time, it lands where it started, between the two lines. Sometimes, a few inches away. Not too bad!
2017-12-18
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

If landing 4 or 5 feet from the position of take-off is a problem, find a wider open space to take-off and land
2017-12-18
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Mari Posted at 2017-12-18 00:53
If landing 4 or 5 feet from the position of take-off is a problem, find a wider open space to take-off and land

Not practicable if using a landing pad on wet grass or some other unsuitable surface. You want it to land back on the landing pad.
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Tdiggity, please note the settings might be reset to default when you update the firmware. So please check your settings after updating the firmware. And for the RTH, may I know do you mean that it won't RTH and initiate the precision landing when the drone is within 3 feet distance? If I understand right, then please kindly note that the RTH will not work when the distance is within 16 feet (5 meters). Please see the picture below. Please let me know if I understand it wrong, more details are highly appreciated, thank you. rth 5 meters.png
2017-12-19
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

I think I noticed the same after the last update.  But I usually land manually, even when I  use RTH  to get nearby.
2017-12-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You have to enable multiple flights in your app, it switches off with new firmware also your RTH settings can be wiped.
Was it windy? This can have an effect also in order for it to work at its best you should take off straight up.
2017-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules