Devices generating a false GPS signal and possible problems!
1713 13 2017-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
musicman9
lvl.2

Russia

Hi for all! Everyone knows that now there are devices that create a false GPS signal. These devices can be used by both private individuals and government agencies. Usually, these devices create a false FPS signal like no-fly zone. And in this case, any quadroopter begins an immediate landing, or abruptly changes course and flies in an unknown direction. So you can lose your drone and never find it again! Are there any ways to counteract this, if this happens suddenly? What should I do in such a case that I do not lose my Spark?
2017-12-17
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

Just go flying somewhereelse. This world is too large for such device to be found everywhere.
2017-12-17
Use props
musicman9
lvl.2

Russia

it can happen at any time ... for example, when I fly over a private area, and the owner has equipment for a false GPS signal. As soon as the drone receives the signal no-fly zone, it landing immediately ... on alien territory! and I can not manage it anymore! (
2017-12-17
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

musicman9 Posted at 2017-12-17 18:08
it can happen at any time ... for example, when I fly over a private area, and the owner has equipment for a false GPS signal. As soon as the drone receives the signal no-fly zone, it landing immediately ... on alien territory! and I can not manage it anymore! (

Sounds like there are hazards to flying over private areas.  Radio control model flying fields and open parks should be good to go though.  No GPS jammers there.
2017-12-17
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

That is what I mean. Flying over private property is forbidden. So go flying over allowed public area.
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, guys. It sounds terrible. I would recommend users double check the flight environment and know about the info of NFZ in the place. Here is the link from our website: http://www.dji.com/flysafe?site=brandsite&from=footer.
2017-12-18
Use props
Locationscout_B
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62201 ft
Germany

This items are going to be cheaper and cheaper.  http://jinyatong.en.made-in-chin ... WiFi-RF-Signal.html
2017-12-18
Use props
_pk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 696 ft
Poland

That is what I mean. Flying over private property is forbidden.

This depends on the country's legislation.

Everyone knows that now there are devices that create a false GPS signal. These devices can be used by both private individuals and government agencies.

This again depends on the legislation. In Poland use of a GPS jammer is forbidden.
2017-12-18
Use props
_pk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 696 ft
Poland

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-18 02:25
Hi, guys. It sounds terrible. I would recommend users double check the flight environment and know about the info of NFZ in the place. Here is the link from our website: http://www.dji.com/flysafe?site=brandsite&from=footer.

GPS jammers have nothing to do with NFZ. And there is no map that can show where someone uses such a device.
2017-12-18
Use props
musicman9
lvl.2

Romania

_pk Posted at 2017-12-18 03:48
GPS jammers have nothing to do with NFZ. And there is no map that can show where someone uses such a device.

You're wrong! I live close to government agencies ... and I've seen it many times when I was cycling, that my location suddenly becomes false and moves to the airport, which is 25km away from me! And this means that the position of the GPS is shifted to a no-fly zone, and any drone in this case will make an emergency landing, wherever it is! This is a big problem for flights!
2017-12-18
Use props
musicman9
lvl.2

Romania

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-18 02:25

The thing is that this can happen unexpectedly when the drone is already in flight! And then what? Does it think DJI that this problem will only grow with time ... and it will be necessary to somehow counteract this! I think that many cases with uncontrolled flight of drones away from the owner are connected with this problem!
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

musicman9 Posted at 2017-12-18 04:18
The thing is that this can happen unexpectedly when the drone is already in flight! And then what? Does it think DJI that this problem will only grow with time ... and it will be necessary to somehow counteract this! I think that many cases with uncontrolled flight of drones away from the owner are connected with this problem!

Thanks for your feedback and attention. The situation will be forwarded. I believe that our engineers will try their best to find solutions.
2017-12-19
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

musicman9 Posted at 2017-12-18 04:13
You're wrong! I live close to government agencies ... and I've seen it many times when I was cycling, that my location suddenly becomes false and moves to the airport, which is 25km away from me! And this means that the position of the GPS is shifted to a no-fly zone, and any drone in this case will make an emergency landing, wherever it is! This is a big problem for flights!

Actually the communication between RC and SPARK is by using spread spectrum ( frequency hopping technique ) ...It is not easy to jam these signals unless you know the algorithim in advance....
2017-12-19
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

Do you have any proof of that?
2017-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules